Callaway X-Forged Irons Review

Callaway X-Forged

Forged from soft 1020 carbon steel, the new X-Forged Irons feature a Flighted CG Design for the ultimate in feel, trajectory and distance control. With their Notch Back design, shorter blade length, minimal offset and the thinnest topline and narrowest sole in the Callaway Golf line, our engineers have produced irons with the performance characteristics and classic visual elements elite players demand.

More Products from Callaway  >>

In The Hole Golf

October 28, 2012

Reviewed by: gospelpad ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway X-Forged Irons

Summary:
These irons are the best I've ever played with! They are just forgiving enough but also gives great feedback like a forged iron should. I gained 10 yards and also have better accuracy. I love the ball flight I get with the project X 6.0 shafts. My handicap went down from a 14 to flirting with being a 10 this year. I'm sure they will help me go to a single digit! Won't change irons until I can find a used set of the 2013 X-Forged Irons.

Got the irons at Callawaygolfpreowned.com and have always had great success with them. I will definitely buy from them again.

Callaway X-Tour Irons

June 16, 2012

Reviewed by: jeff ,  Shoots in the 70s

2007 X Forged Irons

Summary:
I had been playing my old clubs for nearly 10 years so it was time for a change.

I tried a set of Mizuno MP57 but they didn't work for me as well since I am a picker of the golf ball and not a digger.

I looked around in some forums for advice and the golfwrx guys all said that the design of the x forged irons were very good for players like me that sweep the ball and don't take divots.

They were right in that these irons are much better for me than the Mizunos.

I bought them from Callaway preowned with Nippon 850 shafts but they were too stiff for me so I reshafted them with TT Dynalite shafts which were softer and also give me a higher ball flight.

Now that are just about dialed in and they feel very good.

Like any set of clubs find the clubhead design that fits your swing and abilities and most importantly find the correct shaft for your ballflight and swing speed.

Mizuno Mp57, Ping i3 Blade

May 20, 2012

Reviewed by: Lamont ,  Shoots in the 80s

X-Forged 2007

Summary:
I was playing with the X-Tours and was loving them but after watching my Brother-in-law hit nice shot after nice shot with the X-Forged I knew I had to upgrade. The club is smaller than the Tour so I like that about it. They hit nice and I picked up 10 yards with them. I can't wait to see how this season shapes up.

Callaway Preowned Golf is the best place for clubs period. Got my set 4-PW for $185 on clearance!

I would say the Callaway X-Tour and the Cleveland TA3 Form Forged.

March 19, 2011

Reviewed by: Skesky ,  Shoots in the 70s

Callaway X Forged 3-PW

Summary:
Let me first start by saying that i have had my irons re shafted to TT dynamic Gold To lower the trajectory (high swing speed so the flighted really weren't my thing).

Performance-
I absolutely love the things I can do with these Irons, More than enough workability, and the distances are fine, I don't know the lofts offhand but I hit these Slightly Further than most of my Past Clubs, The Yardage Gaps Are near Perfect, about 15 Yds. per club slightly higher from 5i-3i.

Forgiveness-
Surprisingly High for a Thinner Forged Iron, but still by no means a club for someone with an inconsistent swing path. Off-center hits can go fairly straight but in the wrong direction by a few degrees.
Feel-
Amazing, plain and simple. I can tell you almost exactly how far off a miss hit is within 1/2 a Cm before looking at the club, And buttery smooth on a solid shot as with most Forged Irons.

Cons-
Very Few, but I am not a Huge Fan of the Looks, and occasionally if you play on Bermuda grass the clubs dig pretty deep and can sometimes stop after your shot (rare but it doesn't happen to me with some other clubs.)

Broke a 5iron at the hosel, got back to me in a few days good as new, very friendly A+

Just about every forged iron out there, with the exception of some older models and some Mizuno's.

P.S. picked mine up for about $250 used, so value for me is unsurpassed. Anything under $350 for these is 5 stars, anything above that is still 4.

August 9, 2010

Reviewed by: Vinny Marsden ,  Shoots in the 80s

Callaway X Forged 09

Summary:
As the album title says.."CALL OFF THE SEARCH" I have found the ultimate irons for me...just played the front 9 at my club..and actually hit the pin on 2 holes..the others were just boring inside 15ft!!! The feel is tremendous, power/touch and unlike some I have not lost but gained distance...I cannot recommend these clubs enough.

Nike VR Split Cavity Taylor Made MB Ping i3 Hogan Edge