Cleveland 792 VAS Irons Review

Cleveland 792 VAS

• Vibration absorption system (VAS)
  • Provide great feel and feedback
  • Advanced perimeter weighting system for great forgiveness

More Products from Cleveland  >>

September 27, 2016

Reviewed by: rex golf ,  Shoots in the 80s

VAS 792 irons

Summary:
great irons to rid urself of shanks.

cant find out what the different color decals mean on back of irons.

hogan edge, various c/b.

July 4, 2016

Reviewed by: Jayem ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland 792 VAS Irons

Summary:
Have an old brochure with the shaft flex details:
Double Diamond is "strong - for strong hitters"
Diamond is "firm or medium stiff"
Square is "reg to soft"
Circle is "soft"

PS - irons play way better than they look. Very straight but I'm not convinced that the VAS plate absorbs too much vibration as they do feel a bit harsh on off centre hits.

November 12, 2015

Reviewed by: David ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cleveland vas 792

Summary:
Just picked a set of these at the local recycling store . I remember these from way back with the looks only a mother could love .. $14 for the set !!!
If anybody else has had these and know a bit about them , could you please let me know what markings I'm looking for to a determine the flex in the shaft ... Nothing on the steel shaft that indicates the flex

Not applicable

None

March 17, 2015

Reviewed by: Mark ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland Vas 792

Summary:
I have had these for almost 20 years, bought them new and reached the best levels of golf I know. Began playing other brands the last 8 years buying the newest most marketed sets every 2 years, and havent gotten near the play out of any them like I remembered getting with the Vas's. Proof, today I took my custum built Rocket Blades out of my bag(because of major frustration from poor play) and replaced them with the Vas's. Shot my best round in 10 years. Remarkable, maybe a bit lucky, but remembering and experiencing that awsume feeling you get from hitting great shot after great shot is priceless. I dont remember why I took them out of my bag, but what I do know is that I never played as poor then as I have been recently. I wonder how much technology really has advanced in club design, or is more just effective hype and marketing and sales. I put my Vas's up against any current manufactured set being offered today and say with confidence they would perform as well or nearly as well, for being 20 years old. That current technology hasn't leaped so far fowards as the club companys market it to be. I won't be taking them out again any time soon. I have spent thousands over the last 8 years to get that "inner feeling" you get from playing well and hitting shots "like when I was younger". I think the best clubs each are ever going to hit are not "yet to be made" but rather, have already been made. We just need to remember what those were and go find them and play with them again see for yourselves.

March 12, 2015

Reviewed by: Tim ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cleveland VAS 792

Summary:
I purchased these back in 1995 and played some of my best golf with them. I sold them in 1999 and I have regretted it ever since. I just purchased a set of them again and I couldn't be happier. True they are not pretty to look at, but the feel and ball control that I have had with them is incedible. I will never part with them again.

Tommy Armour 845's, Powerbilt Hybrids, Browning 440, Walter Hagen's