Cleveland 792 VAS Irons Review

Cleveland 792 VAS

• Vibration absorption system (VAS)
  • Provide great feel and feedback
  • Advanced perimeter weighting system for great forgiveness

More Products from Cleveland  >>

May 20, 2014

Reviewed by: Ty Terpening ,  Shoots in the 80s

Vas 792

Summary:
Best investment I ever made. They aren't the prettiest or longest irons out there, but by far the straightest and most forgiving I've ever hit. Loved them so much I got the 3,5, and 7 wood and they are great clubs too. Found the driver on Ebay for $1 and hit it straigher than any modern driver I've tried to hit. I've had these irons for a year and plan on using them till the heads break off.

Ping, Nike, Callaway, Cobra

November 2, 2013

Reviewed by: Mike ,  Shoots in the 70s

792 Graphite stiff

Summary:
My neighbor gave me a set of these to donate to junior golf. I tried them on a lark, and ended up donating my Taylor Mades to JGA. They are downright unattractive, but they are easily the best feeling irons I've ever hit.

No idea.

Srixon, Taylor Made, Titleist

December 6, 2011

Reviewed by: James Potts ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland 792 VAS Irons

Summary:
I am stunned. I always kind of liked the odd look of this set but would never take the plunge and purchase them. What a mistake. I bought a set earlier this summer and finally broke them out this past weekned. Unbelievable !!! I hit all but one green(I only played nine holes) and shot a 35. They just go dead straight. Hook swing, slice swing,...didn't matter. They went right where I aimed. I've been playing for 21 years and have hit them all. Ping, Callaway, PRGR, Taylormade, Adams, etc. There is not another set like these. They are not as long as today's strong lofted sets but the dead straight ball flight is just hard to believe. I am about a club shorter with this set but that scorecard had no idea of what the number on the bottom of the club was when I was hitting all of those greens. The number one handicap hole on the course was a 210 yd par three. (tiny green) I hit a three iron that landed pin high and stopped an inch from it's pitchmark. Made the put for a rare birdie on that hole. I was hooked. I was so impressed with these irons that I have already purchased a back up set and a 2 iron. If you are someone who likes to work the ball then this set is not for you. But, if you like a laser straight ball flight with a ton of bite, do yourself a favor and try one of these clubs. Don't get me wrong, I have shot that kind of score before but not without scrambling for a fare share of par's. If you are a good putter, these will get you on the dance floor and give you ample opportunities for birdies. I LOVE THESE IRONS !!!!

None needed

Ping, Callaway, Taylormade, Adams, PRGR, Spalding, Wilson Staff, Liquidmetal, etc.

July 29, 2011

Reviewed by: K Dean ,  Shoots in the 70s

cleveland vas792

Summary:
The cleveland vas 792 are the best clubs bar none i made a huge mistake selling them to a friend of mine i then went out and bought x12,s again big mistake after 3 years i bought them back i will never get rid of them again back now to low figures plays off 6

June 19, 2011

Reviewed by: Stan ,  Shoots in the 90s

Cleveland 792 VAS irons

Summary:
I've been playing these clubs for a long time. I haven't played much but a few times in the last 2 years. About a month ago, I started playing about once a week. shooting High80/low 90's. These clubs are ugly (a buddy of mine calls them garden tools), but they get the job done. You lose a little length due to the offset, but they are accurate and forgiving. I keep hoping I'll find a club that's better and not so ugly. Hasn't happened yet. Trivia - VAS stand for Vibration Absorption System, I believe it was borrowed from Rossignol who used it in their Manufacturing of their SKI's..