Cleveland 792 VAS Irons Review

Cleveland 792 VAS

• Vibration absorption system (VAS)
  • Provide great feel and feedback
  • Advanced perimeter weighting system for great forgiveness

More Products from Cleveland  >>

March 17, 2015

Reviewed by: Mark ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland Vas 792

Summary:
I have had these for almost 20 years, bought them new and reached the best levels of golf I know. Began playing other brands the last 8 years buying the newest most marketed sets every 2 years, and havent gotten near the play out of any them like I remembered getting with the Vas's. Proof, today I took my custum built Rocket Blades out of my bag(because of major frustration from poor play) and replaced them with the Vas's. Shot my best round in 10 years. Remarkable, maybe a bit lucky, but remembering and experiencing that awsume feeling you get from hitting great shot after great shot is priceless. I dont remember why I took them out of my bag, but what I do know is that I never played as poor then as I have been recently. I wonder how much technology really has advanced in club design, or is more just effective hype and marketing and sales. I put my Vas's up against any current manufactured set being offered today and say with confidence they would perform as well or nearly as well, for being 20 years old. That current technology hasn't leaped so far fowards as the club companys market it to be. I won't be taking them out again any time soon. I have spent thousands over the last 8 years to get that "inner feeling" you get from playing well and hitting shots "like when I was younger". I think the best clubs each are ever going to hit are not "yet to be made" but rather, have already been made. We just need to remember what those were and go find them and play with them again see for yourselves.

March 12, 2015

Reviewed by: Tim ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cleveland VAS 792

Summary:
I purchased these back in 1995 and played some of my best golf with them. I sold them in 1999 and I have regretted it ever since. I just purchased a set of them again and I couldn't be happier. True they are not pretty to look at, but the feel and ball control that I have had with them is incedible. I will never part with them again.

Tommy Armour 845's, Powerbilt Hybrids, Browning 440, Walter Hagen's

October 22, 2014

Reviewed by: Drew ,  Shoots in the 100s

Cleveland 792 VAS Irons

Summary:
Bought these clubs used. I figured for $50 these would be worth a shot as I was looking to upgrade from some really old starter clubs. Got these about 3 months after I started golfing and ever since, my game has been steadily improving. They may not be all that pretty, but they have a great feel. They make a great sound when you get solid contact and the forgiveness is great. I had a hard time controlling a slice with my old set but these clubs have all but eliminated that. I was told that these clubs would be a great stop gap before I purchase my next set, but I plan on using these for a while. Every time out on the course, I get more distance with them and it doesn't feel like I'll plateau with them any time soon. I typically shot in the 120's with my old clubs even after I got comfortable with them. With these, I'm now shooting in the low 100's and occasionally in the high 90's. Would recommend to anyone, but especially newbies like me.

May 20, 2014

Reviewed by: Ty Terpening ,  Shoots in the 80s

Vas 792

Summary:
Best investment I ever made. They aren't the prettiest or longest irons out there, but by far the straightest and most forgiving I've ever hit. Loved them so much I got the 3,5, and 7 wood and they are great clubs too. Found the driver on Ebay for $1 and hit it straigher than any modern driver I've tried to hit. I've had these irons for a year and plan on using them till the heads break off.

Ping, Nike, Callaway, Cobra

November 2, 2013

Reviewed by: Mike ,  Shoots in the 70s

792 Graphite stiff

Summary:
My neighbor gave me a set of these to donate to junior golf. I tried them on a lark, and ended up donating my Taylor Mades to JGA. They are downright unattractive, but they are easily the best feeling irons I've ever hit.

No idea.