Cleveland Halo Irons Review

Cleveland Halo

The new Halo hybrid utility club will produce shots approximately five to ten yards longer than standard long irons. The Halo hybrid utility offers an extra large sweet spot and a high moment of inertia for increased stability and forgiveness at impact making it easy to hit for golfers of all abilities. Due to its unique sole design, and low and deep center of gravity, this hybrid club is extremely versatile for shots.

More Products from Cleveland  >>

Callaway Golf

December 17, 2010

Reviewed by: Leland Burroughs ,  Shoots in the 70s

cleveland cg2 irons

Summary:
Picked up a nice used set of cg2's off ebay about 2 yrs ago. Played them 1.5 seasons. Very good looking set of irons which is why I bought them. The headsize is really nice. Right between a blade and midsize iron. The topline seems a little thicker than it shoud be but it sets up pretty clanly to the ball. At address they look slightly closed when actually square. Their strongest suit is distance, longer than most irons....at least for me. Very workable not the best straight ball hitters club but it is certainly capable. Long irons were less difficult to hit than they look. My only complaint would be the feel of the ccm material cleveland uses. Sweetspot feels good but not great. Off center hits don't lose much distance but have an unpleasing, blunt lack of feedback feel. Also, even when hit on the sweetspot they make a bit of a smacking sound that I did not care for.

March 20, 2009

Reviewed by: joe cool ,  Shoots in the 80s

cleveland halo hybrid

Summary:
I had a dead zone in the 160-175 yard
range. Forget hitting a 3 and 4 iron.
My wife got me the 22 degree Halo for
Christmas. I'm stunned. Incredibly solid
feel, dead straight and long. I took it to the range with 3 other clubs which were fairly erratic in performance this
early in the season. With this Halo I couldn't miss! Sweetspot every time. I highly recommend this club to anyone.
Turns out this will replace my 3 iron,4 iron, 7 wood and occasionally the 5 wood.

Pleased.

February 9, 2009

Reviewed by: MattMo ,  Shoots in the 80s

halo strong 1i, 14*

Summary:
I purchased the strong 1i 14* halo with stiff graphite shaft off ebay for $30 as an alternative to my 16* Callaway Steelhead 3 wood. I wanted a more reliable club to hit for second shots on par 5's and long par 4's. This club has definately done that.

For me, the shorter shaft of the halo allows for more control and forgiveness, and since it has 2* less loft than my 3 wood, the distance is still comprable. I have a higher ball flight, so I have no trouble getting this club airborn, but I can see how some people may.

I am very pleased with this club and am going to purchase either the 2i or 3i (or both) to fill the gap between the 1i and my 4 iron.

Never Used

January 30, 2009

Reviewed by: golfer7890 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Halo 4i

Summary:
I traded in my 25* launcher steel wood for this hybrid. The Halo is more versatile than a fairway with a lower trajectory. The face is hot, distance is good. Has some offset, but not grotesque. The size is not huge nor small. At address, it looks like what a hybrid should appear. I have a lot of confidence standing over the ball. I previously owned the baffler, burner, rescue mid, adams a2, and heavenwood, and the halo is my favorite out the the bunch. I found the rescue mid head heavy and the baffler head light. The halo is perfectly in between. I'm glad I finally found a hybrid I look forward to hitting.

Where is the contact email on the cleveland website? Minus points for Cleveland for this reason. I bought the last one at TGW for $50 plus shipping.

Burner Rescue, Rescue mid, Baffler, Heavenwood, Adams A2 hybrid

January 12, 2009

Reviewed by: Stewart ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland Halo 1i & 3i w/ steel shaft

Summary:
I purchased these clubs a couple years ago because I was too inconsistant w/ my 2 and 3 irons. These clubs work great. I bought them w/ steel shafts over the graphite and can't say enough about them. The steel gives me a lower trajectory and thus are also excellent in windy conditions They have made all the difference in the world to my game. They save me anywhere from 2-4 shots a round easily. I am reaching alot more par 5's in two shots now adays. I have tried some of the newer model over the last year or so and I keep going back to my Halo's. They are not as long as some of the hybrids out today (10-15 yards shorter from a teed ball), but are the most consistant I have played from all types of lies and conditions. Now adays you can buy them for next to nothing on ebay.

I have not used them for these clubs, but have for others in the past. Cleveland is top notch when it comes to customer service.

Titleist, Taylormade and Adams