Cleveland HiBore Irons Review

Cleveland HiBore

The new Cleveland HiBore irons. 3-PW set with a large club face, and an even larger back. The clubs look a bit unusual at address, but really hit the ball well. They have a nice soft pop on contact and whether heel, toe, or sweetspot, shots eem to always go straight. I havent been able to get them out on the range or course since its been in the 30's lately here, but as far as feel goes they're great. If your in the market for a set of super game improvement clubs you owe it to yourself to check these out. They are very similar feeling to the Nike Slingshot OSS in my opinion.
Cant comment on distance as of yet, but Im more focused on getting a clean straight shot anyways. Its a great time to be in the market for a set of irons as a mid to high handicapper. SO MUCH to choose from.
These can be had for $599 in steel almost anywhere, some places a bit cheaper.

More Products from Cleveland  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

In The Hole Golf

Callaway Golf

October 1, 2013

Reviewed by: Robert Sprague ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cleveland Hibore HB3

Summary:
Here's a question: Would you like to hit each of your irons 8-10 yards farther and almost 50% higher? Would you be happy if your percentage of iron mis-hits dropped dramatically? Would you be especially pleased at how much better all irons hit out of the rough, out of divots and out of the sand were easier to hit?

Well, that has been my experience with the Cleveland Hibore HB3's that I put into my bag earlier this year.

And it makes perfect sense. Most all of us hit our 3-4 hybrids more solidly. So why not go beyond the 3-4's and carry the advantage through the entire set?

And are there any obvious negatives the Cleveland Hibore HB3 irons? Well, there is one negative. When I first put them in my bag my golf buddies gave me a seriously hard time because they were obviously "game improvement" clubs. Oh, they laughed for sure.

But who is laughing now?

August 12, 2011

Reviewed by: Graham Oates ,  Shoots in the 80s

cleveland hi bore irons

Summary:
I restarted my golfing about 2 years ago after not playing for 10 years. I was a 28 h/c and decided my old clubs were not very good. I went to a local golf club and asked if I could try some second hand clubs. He gave me 2 irons from 4 different sets of clubs. When he passed me the hi bore I almost gave them straight back. Anyway I took them to the range and tried them. I was pleased with the first 3 clubs then tried the hi bore. Boy was I amazed, hitting everything sweetly and straight. Needless to say I bought them. A year later and i wouldn't swap them for any other club,seriously!
I don't hit every shot down the middle and there's the occassional shank but these clubs are superb. I am thinking of buying a second set of clubs,used, and they will definately be the same clubs. Im playing quite regular now and my handicap is 13 and a big part of that is down to the clubs. I would absolutely recommend these superb clubs.

March 8, 2011

Reviewed by: Bob ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cleveland HB3

Summary:
HB3's are awesome! I Currently play to a 6 handicap, with these irons i'll be a 4 before too long. High, straight, forgiving.....can't miss!

October 30, 2010

Reviewed by: Terry ,  Shoots in the 100s

cleveland hb3 hybrids

Summary:
Played with the new Cleveland HB3 hybrids set today (3-PW)
and was WELL pleased with them. High and straight as advertised. Very easy to hit club set . I'de read where the PW was a little clunky but really did'nt have a problem with it. Just line up and swing as normal. My putter abandoned me today but the complete set of hybrids didnt let me down. They seem to hit the ball just a tad longer as well. Glad I bought them! Maybe I need a hybrid putter!!!