Cleveland Tour Action TA-3 Irons Review

More Products from Cleveland  >>

April 5, 2009

Reviewed by: freedomrawk ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland TA 3

Summary:
My father got me these clubs when I was 12 and i've been playing on these ever since. In fact I played these so much two years ago I lost both the heads off the 3 and 4 irons in the same round. (take care of your clubs and dont soak em in water to clean em.) If you like to work the ball these are great, If you like the way a blade looks and feels but can't control a muscle back, these are a little more forgiving. Not much but a little. These clubs are longer than most other clevelands of the center but if your not lined up 100% your ball could be going any where. You will hate these clubs if you are a high handycapper and are trying to improve your game these do not forgive one bit so stay away from em. Another great thing about these is that you can find these out there in a lot of places for under 100 bucks. If you swing fast get yourself the rifle stiff shaft and send those shots long. Also a lot of clevelands I recomend getting your lofts checked occasionally cause they are a little softer than other brands.

Ping eyes, TA7's, TA1's, Taylormade burners (remember those old ones with the bubble shafts)and CG tour's

September 24, 2008

Reviewed by: Aubrey ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland TA3

Summary:
I've always been a true irons player and my TA3s bring out my best shots. The form forge and blade style give me the look and feel to step up to every shot with confidence and throw "darts". But they're not very forgiving clubs. So when I miss a shot or fall into the rare slump, it can be a long and painful round of golf. I love my TA3s. Clubs for "real" golfers.

Mostly cavity backs ... MacGregor, Cobra, TaylorMade, Ping, Wilson

July 9, 2007

Reviewed by: michael ,  Shoots in the 100s

CLEVELAND TA-3

Summary:
Great clubs for great players. I've owned these clubs for about four years. I actually gave up the game because of these clubs. Very hard to hit unless you hit the sweetspot. Then your ball will scream. These iron are not for high handicappers. I had to trade these for some Cobra cavity backs.

hogan, cobra

June 9, 2007

Reviewed by: Charvelboy ,  Shoots in the 70s

cleveland ta3 irons

Summary:
I'm a junior, and finally decided to change to a true players club. I had been playing Ping i5 black dots, and I didn't like them. As with about every other set of Pings I've played, the i5's were long and solid. The bad part: they were too hard to line up, despite the less offset compared to other Pings.

So it just so happened that I ended up with these irons. I have already begun to work the ball significantly both ways, and shot my first round under par. Currently, per 18 holes, I'm hitting around 12 to 13 greens. But the best part is, now my shots are knocking down the flagstick, rather being too far left or right.

idk

Ping i5, i2, i3, Ping Zing, Callaway x-14s, Ping G2, Mizuno MP-32s, etc.

May 8, 2007

Reviewed by: Jeff Millski ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cleveland TA-3 S400 Sensicore

Summary:
Just a super all around set. Compact, blade like with a cavity back, and just a slight bit of offset. Easy to work both ways and hit high, low, draw or fade. If you can find a set in nice shape they are quite a value!