Cobra 3100 I/H Irons Review

Cobra 3100 I/H

• Deep center of gravity
  • High moment of inertia
  • A super-sized Sweet Zone
  • High launch for incredible distance and forgiveness

More Products from Cobra  >>

November 30, 2012

Reviewed by: jeff ,  Shoots in the 80s

cobra 3100ih

Summary:
bought slightly used off ebay about seven years ago on a whim. was playing a set of custom fitsteel shafted irons at the time and it took me a season and a half to make the switch. these have the aldila nv hl70 grafite stiff shafts. these irons are straight, consistantly long, moderately workable and feel great at impact. i highly recommend. a great value on a used set of irons.

no experience

callaway x-14s, taylor made firesoles, etc.

March 12, 2010

Reviewed by: davidhouston1 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Cobra 3100 ih irons Aldila 70g NV-HL

Summary:
I got these irons recently after taking a few years off golf. These are easy to hit and give you great feed back, even on off center shots it goes pretty straight. Great set for someone looking for progressive irons, im looking to start shaping my shots in the future. Iv have Callaway x-14 and x-18s as well as titleist 695 cb, i would say these have some of highest trajectory iv played but yet not too much of a sacrifice in distance. Aldila nv-hl shafts are awesome as well.

no problems

callways x14s, x18s, ping g2, titleist 695 cb, cobra fp 2006

May 23, 2009

Reviewed by: TWgolf92 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cobra 3100HL

Summary:
Great irons! Just updated my clubs, but have been using these for about 3 1/2 years. I would recommend these for just about anybody (70s-90s) because they provide a good amount of forgiveness. They probably dont have the same amount of forgiveness compared to newer clubs (taylormade burner, etc). For me, I dont prefer to work the ball that much, so these irons made it easy to just aim and go. (Note: you can find these at very good rates nowadays because they are a few years old)
Only downside is that, for better players, i think the ball comes off a bit hot, which makes it tough to gauge distances.
Overall, they were great irons that lasted me a long time. A good choice for an intermediate/high player.

I was custom fit for mine by a local club pro, who is a Cobra staff member.

Mizuno mp-57

January 31, 2009

Reviewed by: Rey Perez ,  Shoots in the 90s

Cobra 3100 i/h

Summary:
Purchased these Cobra 3100's about six months ago. I play 4-5 times a month and I feel these are the best irons I have used thus far. I played the Cleveland Launcher irons and did pretty good with them untill I played these Irons. They have great feel and launch angles. All my good hits sound and feel sweet. My off hits still do the job, now thats forgiving! The shafts are te NS PRO in stiff flex. I gained quite a few yards more per iron from my last club. Can't say enough of the clubs. One thing to consider, play Titelist pro v1x with these clubs, they react real good with them. I have been looking for a good combination ball and by far they are the best within feel and length.

Haven't had to use

Cleveland Launcher, Wilson Deep Red II

April 7, 2008

Reviewed by: Warrick Coe ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
A friend of mine bought these clubs about 6 months ago, and has absolutly no complaints (he shoots in the high 80s-low 90s). I have used them on the range and found them incredibly forgiving. The offset effectively counteracts slice, yet is not as extreme as the 3400s, which I find I tend to hook. All the irons can be hit to reliable distances, and off center shots will usually be a "good lose". If you see these clubs for sale and wish to have an easy to hit set, then give them a try.

Cobra 3400, Cobra 2300, Nike slingshot