Cobra FP Irons Review

Callaway Golf

May 10, 2010

Reviewed by: chardylo ,  Shoots in the 70s

Cobra FP irons

Summary:
I will start by saying over the last 12 months I have gone through 6 sets of irons (No, I am not kidding). I have purchased (not in actual order) Taylormade r7, r7 Draw,Callaway X-20, X-20 Pro Series, X-16 Pro Series and yes even Ping G5's. I knew my swing was out of whack, but could not figure out why. I will not say these clubs fixed my swing, because no club can do that. I had trouble getting the ball in the air, so went from stiff steel shafts to still graphite shafts, then to regular graphite shafts and then back to regular steel shafts. As my swing got much better the reg. steel was too whippy. I stopped by a local Dicks Sporting goods and they had the FP's on sale for $299. I hit them on their monitor and decided to pull the trigger and get them. That weekend I played a round and was striking the ball like old times. The combination of the Nippon Steel shafts and this head gave me a penetrating ball flight, not too high and not too low. I am finally back in my happy place and these will stay in my bag for a while!!!!!

Not used yet

Taylormade, Callaway, Ping,

April 20, 2010

Reviewed by: DJ ,  Shoots in the 100s

cobra fp irons

Summary:
Greates set of irons i have ever used. I normally cant hit a 4 iron but with these i hit the 4 iron great

September 9, 2009

Reviewed by: GolfDawg16 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra FP

Summary:
Without a doubt one of the best set of irons on the market today. Just played a second round with my new FP's at Stone Creek CC ini Valdosta, GA and the second time around is even better. Shot a 79 on my first 18 approaching dark. It was if the clubs knew where the flag was. I hit a couple of off center and the ball seemed to track back toward the pin every time. On my last hole I was 122 yards from the pin in darkness, used an old ball with water on the right, could not see the flag. Pulled the 9 iron and took a swipe. After what seemed an eternity I heard the "thump" of the ball landing on the green. Got down to the green and found the ball eight feet from the flag.
Fantastic clubs! Well worth the $349, especially with the graphite shafts. Picked up the Lob Wedge also but having trouble finding a Sand Wedge.

One of the best set of irons I have ever played.

Wilson DI-7, Ping G-5, Cleveland CG Golds, Cobra 3100

July 28, 2009

Reviewed by: Zach Cook ,  Shoots in the 70s

cobra fp II

Summary:
I would definately buy these irons!!!!!! The feel is so good and these irons are so smooth. I would say better than callaway and titleist combined. Previous clubs were titleist 962 and callaway x-22 and cobra fp's beat them all!

April 29, 2009

Reviewed by: rkohli ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra FP

Summary:
Have played with Steel Stiff Shafts before switching to this set when I decided to shift to graphite regular.
Picked up this set on eBay and was surprised by the feel of this club. It is forgiving and yet give you the feedback and softness of the Mizuno.
I have knocked of 2 strokes since I started using these clubs and should knock off another couple in a months time (if my putting holds).
These are mid handicap irons and do their job extremely well. My 7 iron gives me a consistent 140-150 yards carry with a Bridgestone 330r or Titleist ProV1x.
Best set of irons for their price.

Ping Eye2 (S), Mizuno MP32 (S), Titleist 755 (R) all steel Shafts