Cobra King Cobra II Irons Review

Cobra King Cobra II

More Products from Cobra  >>

Review Abstract
"I've hit atrocious, mid-iron approaches, and still come within 15 feet of the pin." "This iron is forgiving to the point of embarrasment." One reviewer said it lacked "feel" and "playabiltiy;" a few found "the 3 iron to 'draw' on off-centered hits," and "be careful not to kill the ball because of its light weigh." That aside, "the small head enables club from all lies." "Solid feel," "Pin-point accuracy," "reduced offset, which keeps from hooking the ball," "low, boring, wind-resistant trajectory, which never ballooned, but a long knock-down seems impossible, even with a 4," makes "this set a great recommendation to anyone, except those who like to work the ball."

April 5, 2009

Reviewed by: spencer ,  Shoots in the 80s

King Cobra 2 Oversize irons

Summary:
Iv'e been playing for 20 years now,having started at 13 with Brosnan Imperials i purchased the King Cobra 2 Oversive irons for $350 off a mate,5 or 6 years ago.They have taken my golf to a handicap of 15 and produced some sub 80's rounds.I have found them to be extremeley forgiving on off centre strikes,usually causing the shot to go higher and spin off,droping only 10-20 mtrs from your intended target rather than blowing out alot further.Having a reasonably thin sole makes it easy to get a clean pick off the turf, especially kikuyu,rather than hitting it fat.I am only now finding that i am looking for more feel and shot making ability from a more blade style iron.These clubs are accurate, but the trade off for oversize clubs compared to blade style is accuracy versus forgiveness. I would reccomend these clubs to any begginer or intermediate player to about a 15 handicap.

August 10, 2008

Reviewed by: wesley russell ,  Shoots in the 100s

cobra 2s

Summary:
I was used to my ol top flites but i could not hit the hybrids. I got the king cobras for christmas i love the new clubs the irons added 10 yds to my distanse

none

August 6, 2008

Reviewed by: rogerk ,  Shoots in the 90s

King Cobra II Oversized Irons

Summary:
Love these irons. Were given to me from a friend who has them left at his hotel for several years. After calling the owner, he said to keep them. I played with a set of ping knock-off's before that I've had since I was 13 (11 years ago). I was playing my irons pretty decently and was skeptical about switching to these new ones (since I hit my old ones decently).
I decided to make the switch and just go for it for a round.
...played the round of my life!
I got a feel for the club distances that were about 10-15yds further than my previous irons.
One thing I have to say is that even on mis-hits, they go 90-100% of the distance they should. I hit an 8-iron last time out (about 130yds for me). Even though the shot didn't look right (trajectory), it still went the same distance and landed me on the green.
Sometimes your shots don't have to look pretty to work. These irons have been super forgiving and are playing very well for me... I love 'em.

I'm giving it a 4 rather than 5 because there's always got to be room for a higher score. Being that these were hand-me-downs, there's likely to be an even better set out there custom-made for me. ...I'm not worried about looking for that set though since I'm loving every round with these irons!

June 4, 2008

Reviewed by: Tim W ,  Shoots in the 80s

King Cobra II Oversized Irons

Summary:
I started playing golf when I was young, about 12 years old. After playing with a junior set and subpar irons for 5 years I was lucky enough to be handed down these irons from a family friend. Needless to say they didn't dissapoint. I Winn gripped my clubs (and the friends for the favor) and absolutely love the feel. 3-PW and I can feel and control the ball on every iron, as stated previously the club head isn't too large or too small just perfect for me (5'11"), the club head is weighted just enough at the bottom of the shaft to get a great feel and solid contact with the ball. I was never the best iron player, but these irons led to more accurate shots and some better trajectory and the ball actually "checking up" on the greens. Took about 2 years off from the game, went out and picked up my bag and I still hit the irons like it was yesterday. Still shot an 85 on a subpar course, a lot of that was due to my iron play and short game....still have to "iron" out the details with the longball and finding a driver. Guess what brand i'm looking at? King Cobra because they make such quality products.

November 20, 2007

Reviewed by: Zach ,  Shoots in the 80s

King Cobra II Over Sized

Summary:
I usually just play little short 9 hold course; par 27. I'm awful at golf, but love, and usually average in the low 40's. Since getting these clubs from craigslist for fifty bucks, I've hit a 33 twice. Excellent all around; I'm new but can certainly tell the difference from the dunlops and allieds I was using.

Dunlop, Orlimar, Allied, Lynx