Cobra S3 Max Irons Review

Cobra S3 Max

Cobra S3 Max 3H, 4H, 5-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts The Cobra S3 Max Iron Set has low-profile, wide-sole irons and large-profile, Baffler-style hybrids that provide maximum forgiveness and consistent distance gapping. This set is for the mid- to high-handicap golfers who want maximum forgiveness and high launch. From the hybrids to short-irons, the iron-hybrid set is designed to provide consistent and reliable distances from one club to the next. The larger Baffler-style hybrids deliver maximum

More Products from Cobra  >>

August 3, 2011

Reviewed by: Todd Halford ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra s3 max

Summary:
I have played a set of Cleveland Hibores for the past two years and was very satisfied with them. As a result of a local tourney I won a set of titleist blades but felt that the top line was too thin and did not inspire the confidence at address to which I am accustomed.

I exchanged the the blades for the COBRA S3MAX Hybrid set. 3hy-4hy 5-pw.

The topline is very thick and the undercut cavity back looks great at address. I chose the R flex since my swing speed is about 90 mph. The irons strike very well and the ball jumps of the face of the club. The progresive sweet spot is noticable throughout the set. I averaged an increase of about 3 yards per club and the distance gapping seems right on target.

The irons promote a very penetrating, straight ball flight however I was able to work the ball left and right as needed.

The Hybrids are LARGE. The 3 and 4 are alost the size of my V-steel 3 metal. Tons of surface area however they are extremely light and the progressive offset makes the club set squarely at address.

I am pleased with the set and feel confident standing over the ball. The feedback on miss hits is pretty standard of a "game improvement" set.

thats my 2 cents. take it or leave it.

Edwin Watts was outstanding in this transaction