Cobra UFi Irons Review

More Products from Cobra  >>

December 11, 2011

Reviewed by: CHARLES BERNHARDT ,  Shoots in the 90s

cobra UFI

Summary:
THE RUBBER INSERTS ON THE FACE OF THE IRONS ARE COMING APART- CHANGING THE ANGLE OF THE METAL INSERT WITH RESPECT TO ITS METAL HOUSING-FIVE OUT OF SIX IRONS SO FAR!
COULD BE A VERY DANGEROUS SIUTATION IF THE METAL INSERT COMES LOOSE AND HITS SOMEONE IN THE HEAD.=THE IRONS ARE ESSENTIALLY USELESS AND POSSIBILITY DANGEROUS TO USE.
SO FAR COBRA CLAIMS NO RESPONSIBILITY;MY CLUB IS SENDING A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF COBRA AND A CUSOMER ADVOCATEIN AN ATTEMPT TO RECALL THE DEFECTIVE CLUBS.

July 31, 2010

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

UFI

Summary:
I have tried a crazy number of iron sets... looking for the ONE. These irons are outstanding and are in the bag. The easiest to hit irons I ever hit. Plus the inserts are as soft as a forged iron.

For being "max" game improvement, they have less offset than one might expect... Mine have the factory Nippon S flex and they are excellent in feel and trajectory and weight.

The distance is very good, I do not find them to be crazy long, just above average.

Only issue is with the face insert, it is SOFT and marks up very easily... after a few seasons (2-3x/week play) these are going to look pretty chewed up. But since they are the best yet (for me), and I got a deal on them at Golfsmith used... worth that aggravation...

I score in the 70's, but these are perfect... easy is good. These are so consistent... I save the target golf blade type dance for my wedges and even those are Nickent 4DX Pro forged, not the usual. Did I mention... easy is good?

:-)

Probably will find out when I ask them to replace the faces!

Everrrrrrrrrrything.

August 6, 2009

Reviewed by: bobby13Hcap ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra UFI Irons

Summary:
Over 48 years of golfing I have owned every major brand of Irons! Starting with a Sears beginner set, Spaulding Executives (very good game improvement set in 60's), McGregor MT, Ping Eye, Callaway X series, Taylormade Racs, Nicket 4DX, Lynx HXI, Titeist CB-7xx, etc. So you can see I am never shy about buying golf clubs. Then I came across these Cobra UFI irons, and I think I found Nirvana!

What I like best is minimum offset, Nippon stock steel shafts, 9 metal alloy face insert, but best of all the shape of head which inspires confidence. And confidence is #1 to hit consistent shots. I demoed Graphite shaft 6 iron and it was absolutely the smoothest, softest club I ever hit in 48 years. But the club felt too light and the shot balooned a bit much to my liking. The steel shafted clubs have just the right weight. I can feel where the head is throughout my swing. The ball flight is medium high and long. These irons just want to go straight even on mis-hits. I am not missing many greens from 160 yards in.

The grips are basic Golf Pride and will be upgraded by me after some use. Price is not cheap. I paid $699 for 4I thru Gap wedge. Don't know about durability yet. These clubs can NOT be bent for lie. So you have choice of standard or 2 degrees upright and that's it. If you try to bend them the face insert can pop out and Cobra will void any Warranty.

Not needed so far.

Ping Eye, Titleist CB, Callaway X, Taylormade, Nickent, Lynx, etc etc.

November 2, 2008

Reviewed by: blaaad ,  Shoots in the 80s

Cobra UFI irons 4-GW stiff steel

Summary:
Great irons, especially if you tend to make contact low on the face of your irons. They really get the ball up on thin shots.

DISTANCE is excellent, the longest irons I've ever hit.

FORGIVENESS is the strong suit of these irons - heel, toe, or low on the face fly almost as good as pured shots.

FEEL is awesome. You can really feel where the clubhed is throught the swing. Also, ball/clubhead contact is very solid and powerful without being harsh.

TRAJECTORY is high, but does not balloon, even into 10mph winds.

Lastly, chipping is EXCELLENT with these.

Excellent