Dunlop DDH Tour Special Irons Review

Dunlop DDH Tour Special

February 11, 2010

Reviewed by: whitelineman ,  Shoots in the 90s

ddh set

Summary:
just bought these clubs and have played 3 rounds with them. very happy with performance, especially the 2 hybrids. still trying to get my game back after a lengthy layoff, but mis-hits are my fault, the clubs do their part.

March 2, 2008

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

DDH

Summary:
just picked up a set for $20, 5-PW at a local used place... these just say DDH, nothing else, they have a blue medallion on the backs. Thought it would be a good traveling set, and was surprised to find that this is actually a very nice hitting set! Very straight, nice medium high trajectory, good distance. Never thought I would play what looks like a Wal-Mart set... but, they just might be in the bag... they do everything well, VERY easy to hit accurately. Heck, they are almost all made in China now, so why not give them a try?
I'll never live this down!
:-)

NA

Everything!

February 4, 2007

Reviewed by: mcalllstarrr13 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Dunlop DDH

Summary:
Bought these clubs when I shot in the 90's. Now I am a 6 handicap and these irons have been with me ever since. One thing to say, these irons are good for a very high handicapper looking for some improvement. If you have a 100+ MPH swing speed like me and want a club to suit your game, I strongly recommend the Cleveland TA7's. I love them. But gotta give these irons credit for getting me to where I am now. Only reason I bought these was because of the price.

None Needed

Cleveland TA7's (Highly Recommended!)

July 10, 2006

Reviewed by: yingvms ,  Shoots in the 100s

Dunlop Rebel

Summary:
Purchsed the set last April, and I probably played ~30 rounds a year. Which is not a lot compare to most golfers. The reason I purchased this set is because I'm a begginer and this is pretty cheap ~$150. I like everything with this set except after 20 rounds I noticed the shaft (graphite) start to splinter. I contacted Customer service and they replaced my set in Feb. (cost me $35 to ship it) After receiving my new set, and another 20 rounds, the head on my 7, 8, & 9 irons all are broken. In summary, I like the set, just that the quality is poor. Now the customer service is gonna replace my Rebel with Ddh (steel shaft, that's my next review.

Great customer service...no complaint there. except that I have to eat the cost of shipping. ~$80 so far

January 4, 2005

Reviewed by: BogeymanNorth ,  Shoots in the 80s

Dunlop DDH Tour

Summary:
Well first off let me say that having golfed off and on for the past 25 years or so I got bitten by the "golf bug"hard the past 3 years averaging about 65 rounds a year.I had been playing 10 yr old Regency Tempo's(a pretty archaic looking cavity back!)and having dropped my cap from 24 down to a solid 13 I thought maybe it was time for some new technology.I saw a set of DDH's a local retail sports store for next to nothing(200) so I thought I would give them a try.So out to my local course where I hooked up with a couple of other guys not even thinking of venturing onto the driving range..jump right into the battle!
First tee a 410 yard par 4,260 yard drve to the 150's,think I'll try the 9 iron which is what I always use from here.
The first thing I noticed was how big these clubheads look when lining up for a shot,take a couple of practice swings and hit it crisp and clean...too crisp and clean it flew the green by 20 yards and lost it in the water!!!
Well enough golf story,the truth of the matter is although I found I could hit these clubs a ton I could never seem to get my aim straight it seemed as though everything tended to go left on me and not sure if that was from the generous amount of offset or what?I eventually got tired of the try this and try that approach and went back to my trusty Tempo's after about a dozen rounds.
I think this club would be a great starter club so I think I'll cut down the shafts and give them to my son.
I also noticed that after the 12 or so rounds I played with them the finish on the clubheads just looked way to beat up for my liking.
All in all a decent bang for the buck for a starter set but if you are anything but a novice golfer try something else.
I have since purchased a set of Precept 603's and have only 10 rounds on them but....wow.thats another review!

Never wanted,needed or had