GigaGolf Turbo Power Irons Review

GigaGolf Turbo Power

• The Turbo Power has multi-layered cavity and advanced perimeter weighting that provide distance and control.
  • Mirror finish
  • Cast in 17-4 Stainless Steel
  • Available in right-hand and left-hand models

More Products from GigaGolf  >>
  • Read the Reviews >>     Write a Review >>

July 20, 2011

Reviewed by: Daniel ,  Shoots in the 90s

TRX Ti

Summary:
    Clubs are cheap like hell. Dont buy from them.
    I have bought a driver and it break (head) in the first year i use it. They replace it in the warranty and it broke again (head). This time they wont replace it. I play 10-15 times a year so i'm not responsible for the bad quality of the club.

I have bought a Callaway instead... really well build

October 30, 2007

Reviewed by: Brian ,  Shoots in the 100s

Turbo Power V92 OS 3-PW

Summary:
    I bought this iron set from GigaGolf with the True Temper Feather Flight Firm flex shafts and Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. The clubs were assembled very well, and I liked the weight of the shafts. Overall, I'd say these irons are forgiving on mis-hits, and I shot my best score yet with these irons. Distance was as expected with any other clubs I've used. However, the one MAJOR downfall of these irons was their durability. The first time I used the irons was at a nice range near my house. I used only the 3, 5, 7, and 9 irons. After that round, I was cleaning the heads and noticed that the faces and soles were quite worn. That ended up bugging me so much that I sold the irons and bought custom-fit Mizuno MX-19 irons, and I'm MUCH happier so far. In comparison, the Mizunos still look brand new after a round at the range. I've never experienced durability issues like this with any other irons I've owned.

GigaGolf has great service, but I gotta say I'm not impressed with the overall quality of Turbo Power's clone components.

Pinemeadow Tourleader (like Callaway Steeleheads), Top Flight Tour 2003, TaylorMade RAC 0S2, and Mizuno MX-19.

May 3, 2005

Reviewed by: Joshhaz ,  Shoots in the 80s

Turbo Power R20C irons

Summary:
    These clubs are very nice for the price. I am 15 so I cant afford expensive golf clubs. I bought these for $120 for a set 3-SW. I picked the R20C because they have a little rubber bar on the back like the Taylor Made RAC OS irons. The point of it is to absorb the vibrations after you hit it. It really helps a lot and if you blade in in cold weather it doesnt hurt your hands. They are well worth the money.

I bought them from Golfclubsandmore.com, great customer service.

Wilson Tour irons

December 1, 2003

Reviewed by: Chance Sexton ,  Shoots in the 100s

Turbo Power Callaway Hawkeye Clones

Summary:
    I have been playing on and off through the years, but really got back into it in the summer. I used my old clubs for the longest time to see if I would stay with the sport. When I did, I decided to get a new set of clubs. Sure I looked at the name brands, but I just couldn't put that big of a whole in my pocket while I am a college! I found the turbo power iron at a golf shop here in town and was told they could be put together for 200$. While I was there I decided to hit the Callaway Hawkeye, Big Bertha, and Stealhead. After hitting them all I liked the Hawkeye the best and decided to go ahead with the clones. I went through ebay and found many of what I wanted, but Jason Bennit golf had the best deal. The shipping was fast, the clubes were wrapped in bubble wrap, and the shafts were better than what other places wanted. I average an 86 to 90 score, but the first time I plaed with these clubs I shot an 82. They are phenominal and I would recomend them to anyone.

November 10, 2003

Reviewed by: Risky Jim ,  Shoots in the 90s

Turbo Power XP-6

Summary:
    I bought these clubs after playing the Callaway X16's. The Callaways were AWESOME hitting clubs. As a former three-four times a week golfer who rarely finds time to play these days, my score has gone from consistent low 80's up into the 90's. The Callaways allowed me to hit an 84 on a tough Florida course (Schweet change from 95+ on Connecticut courses). I was sticker shocked on the X16's 3-PW prices of $700+, so I checked out clones. The Turbo Power XP-6's hit exactly like the Callaways at a fraction of the cost. The clubs hit the ball DEAD STRAIGHT all the time. I'd think twice about them if you like to work the ball. They are heavy so they slice through the dense rough nicely (I'm familiar with dense rough these days!). Outstanding club for the infrequent golfer- consistent, straight and 10 yards longer than my original Pings. ($211 included 2-SW + 3 Ball putter at Diamond Tour Golf - GREAT people to deal with!)

Outstanding quick delivery and a myriad of options for a complete custom experience. SUPER Quality!

Callaway X16