Golf Smith XPC3 Driving Irons Review

Golf Smith XPC3 Driving

From GolfSmith: "The new XPC3 Driving Iron follows a growing trend on the PGA Tour for hollow construction driving irons/utility clubs that replace standard long irons. Hollow construction gives the forgiveness of a metal wood while the iron-like shape allows for a longer heel-toe dimension and a larger striking surface."

More Products from Golf Smith  >>

September 6, 2008

Reviewed by: glenn gobetz ,  Shoots in the 100s

tour burner

Summary:
i shot the best round of my life wit this club. if anyone was wondering it was 125. the best ive shot in 30 years. i usally
shoot around 190 to 289. thanks you for making this club it was almost as good as a old 1903 driver i used it was plastic.

August 2, 2002

Reviewed by: Scott G ,  Shoots in the 70s , from DC

XPC3 Driving Iron TT TX-90 Shaft

Summary:
One word: Awesome.

I usually do not waste my time writing reviews, because I think it is usually a matter of preference. But in this case I had to comment. This club changed my game. I have the 15 degree. It hits as straight as an arrow, 240 yds-250 yds. I am not kidding when I say it has dropped me from a 6 handicap to a 5. Which says a lot when you get that low.

Low trajectory, straight shots. I hit 8-10 straight. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS THING.

I have the new true temper shaft in TX-90 stiff, cord grip.

Why more people do not discover the beauty of hitting straight long shots is beyond me. Ill take 250 in the fairway on a tight course every time.

Get this for $40 bucks, if you dont like it, then crap on me. Let me know.

August 3, 2001

Reviewed by: Neil Heimsoth ,  Shoot in the 90s , from Cole Camp, Missouri

XPC3 Driving Iron

Summary:
I love this thing. I developed a bad hook with my woods and my friend sold me this Driving Iron and it's great. 215 off the tee and around 195-205 from the fairway, and very accurate. No slice or hook.