Innovex Golf System RLS - Steel Irons Review

• Read the Reviews >>     Write a Review >>

December 31, 2006

Reviewed by: mr_sooty ,  Shoots in the 90s

RLS Hybrid 22 degree

Summary:
    I have one of these with a UST Irod stiff shaft and I love it. It has a deeper face than most hybrids, so I find it better off the tee. It's easy to hit from the fairway too, and it has a solid feel and good distance. A great hybrid for the price.

Innovex soecialise in fitting, and they're pretty easy to deal with.

TM Rescue Dual
    Srixon AD

May 25, 2006

Reviewed by: average_hacker ,  Shoots in the 80s

Innovex RLS Irons 5-ULW

Summary:
    I have an Innovex Driver and hybrid and didn't really need another set of irons (I have Mizunos that are not leaving my bag), but Kevin Dowing at Innovex had treated me so well that when a used set RLS Irons crossed my bow at a reasonable price I thought I would check them out. First of the finish and workmanship is on par with any of the well-known name brands, fit and finish is excellent. As for how they performed,they are a mid-sized head - much bigger than what I play now but not as ugly as some of the better known game improvement irons out there (Callaway, Ping, RAC HT). They look clean at address with just enough offset and thicker topline to let you know they are there to help. Very easy to hit high and straight. Would be a great set to learn on of perfect for anyone that has trouble getting the ball in the air. The set I tested was 5-pw and then a 52, 56, 60 and 64 wedges. The four wedges were a bit much for me - but Innovex is unique in that you only buy the clubs you want so you could easily make up a set of 4 or 5-pw with a couple of wedges and a hybrid and still be about 50% of what you would pay for a brand name set of 3-pw. If you are looking for a game improvement iron give Innovex a look. They also make fairway woods and I really like their Driver.

Outstanding, money back guaratee! If you buy an Innovex club that just isn't right for you Innovex will make it right. I originally bought a 4i Hybrid and was hitting it as far as I wanted to, Innovex replaced it with a brand new 3i Hybrid with a different shaft for just the cost of shipping. Try that with one of the larger OEMs.

Mizuno Mp-30s (my last set of irons), TM RAC HT, Nike Pro Combo, Tileist 990b, Titleist 981, Adams GT, Tommay Armour

April 14, 2006

Reviewed by: mr_sooty ,  Shoots in the 90s

Innovex RLS Irons

Summary:
    I tried out several other top brands of irons before I ordered these. I chose Innovex because of the price, the reviews, and the sensible lofts. With so many 44 degree pitching wedges these days, I liked that I wasn't going to have to buy another wedge with this set. They have a 48 degree PW, and really sensible gaps between all the clubs.

I was nervous buying irons without being able to try them first, but they are terrific irons. Really solid feel and super consistent ball flight. Accurate too. I've only played one round with them but I was really impressed. The FST shafts are superb. Much smoother to swing than True Tempers in my opinion. Don't know why they're not more common.

I got 4-PW, so I can't comment on their other wedges, but the PW is a very nice club. Easy to chip and pitch with as well as being great on full shots.

These irons are more forgiving than they look. They're not big and clunky like manu game improvement clubs on the market. I'm on a 25 handicap (although that's gonna come down I'm sure) and I can hit them very solidly. They also have a great soft feel and give good feedback.

Of course, I'm going to have to put up with the fact that my Dad is taking PW when I'm taking 9 iron (because of the weaker lofts), but I get the last laugh when he's stuck between PW and SW (12 degrees gap with his Wilson DI5's), and I have a club for every occasion.

Shot 3 under my handicap first time out.

If your looking for a good price for a great set of irons, with a lifetime guarantee, take a look at the Innovex website.

Kevin at Innovex is very good. I live in New Zealand, and didn't really want to pay for a phone call, but he answered all my emails promptly and clarified all my questions. The online fitting service is very good. Obviously getting fit in person would be ideal, but most of the shops in my town are hopeless anyway. I'm happy with the outcome, and Kevin offers a money back guarantee to international customers.

My previous irons were Spalding 'Tour Design', but prior to buying these I tried Wilson Di5's and Ci6's, Mizuno MX-23's and MX-900's, Cleveland CG4's and Ping G5's.

June 26, 2005

Reviewed by: Dennis Buchmiller ,  Shoots in the 80s

Innovex RLS

Summary:
    I started with Hyrid 4 & 5 Irons, 9 through 6 Irons, and four Wedges. I found all the clubs very comfortable to swing and lighter in weight than my 1973 Hogan Directors. I noticed improved accuracy immediately. One difference though was less yardage (10 to 15 yards) per club than with the Hogans. However, the loft of the clubs is different, and I am hitting the ball higher. Now after six weeks, I am I'm nearly getting the same distance as the old clubs also. Two weeks ago I ordered the 3-Wood and have used it for four rounds. What a winner! Longer distance and more accuracy than the Hogan Directors. Here I am, 12 years older and hitting the ball better. I have never beeb able to hit a driver sweetly or consistantly. Kevin has told me that after I get used to the 3-Wood, I will be calling him back and ordering one. If there is any more improvement with these clubs, He may be right, but for now, I am happy with 250-yard drives that are down the middle for the most part.

I am 64 and had not played for 12 years until April of theis year. I still had my first set of clubs (Hogan Directors - 1973) that I was having a hard time getting accuracy with. An acquaintance told me to consider getting new clubs because of all the technology differences now. I searched the Internet and read as much as I could about modern clubs. Being a realist, I had a hard time making decisions about what might be the best make for me. One review talked about the new Innovex RLS Irons. I went to their web site and also called them. I talked to Kevin Downey at length. I was certainly impressed with his approach to me. No pressure, no boasting, just facts. He didn't insult my intelligence with the sales promises. He immediately went into finding out what type of game I played in the past, now, and what I wanted to be playing. When I send him the filled out data sheet, he called me back and asked me to re-measure the distance from my wrist to the floor, as he thought I may have made a mistake. I had indeed made one. It proved to me that he cared more about matching me with the correct clubs than just making a sale. He is a real professional who put my mind at ease.

May 26, 2005

Reviewed by: GoMocs ,  Shoots in the 100s

Innovex RLS

Summary:
    I am just relearning to play the game after many many years off. After reading an advertisement for a "demo" offer, I ordered a seven iron to demo. I liked the club, have now bought a complete set or irons in graphite plus their hybrids. Have not tried their woods, so can't comment. After a couple months I still like the clubs, no complaints! Check them out at http://www.innovexgolf.com

Great! You have a good chance of actually getting the owner to answer the phone if you call. He returns emails within 24 hours. They have taken good care of me.

Nike CPR irons , old Mizuno XLR 2000 irons