MacGregor V-FOIL M565 Irons Review

MacGregor V-FOIL M565

Mid-sized heads, refined top lines, streamlined V-FOIL weighting and reduced offset characterize these forgiving, high-performance, game-improvement, forged irons. The new V-FOIL SPEED Technology in M565 will inspire mid-handicap golfers to play with greater aggressiveness and confidence.

More Products from MacGregor  >>

August 11, 2009

Reviewed by: Reuben ,  Shoots in the 90s

m565

Summary:
i bought these irons on ebay mostly because i wanted to switch to forged clubs and they look amazingand i got a great deal. sure enough they hit even better than they look! i am a beliver. i've played with alot of different irons and these are my favorite. my dad liked my set sooo much he bought a set. the only problem is the guy on ebay said they were stiff shafts but i sent me x flex. i still love these clubs though!

macgregor vip,

June 6, 2009

Reviewed by: Chris Nelson ,  Shoots in the 80s

Macgregor m565

Summary:
Nothing better than hitting a forged iron right on the screws! However for most of us the forged iron market if for the better player. But the Macgregor M565 is a forged iron that is great for the mid to high handicapper. I am a legit 15-18 handicapper and these irons are just the right fit. Game-improvement features with the feel of forged. I have the Rifle Flighted 4.5 steel shafts 3-GW and they are the best I have ever played. Long...straight...and I think they look really cool. Cheap as heck on Ebay right now too!

None needed...but watch out Macgregor just got bought out!

Holy crap...everything!!!

May 6, 2009

Reviewed by: swartzd ,  Shoots in the 90s

MacGregor V-Foil 565

Summary:
These are truly great irons. I have played with them for about 3 years. I have really liked them but have been lusting after the forged 2008 MTs since they came out. Picked up a set this spring real cheap since everything Mac is being closed out as the company struggles. I REALLY wanted to love those MTs but after 12 rounds with them, the 565s are back in the bag and it's a beautiful thing! These things are in better shape after over 3 yrs of play than the MTs after 12 rnds. So much more forgiving too. As many posters have said, these may be the best thing under the radar out there!

Not used.

Adams GT Tour; MacGregor 2008 Forged MTs.

May 3, 2009

Reviewed by: Les ,  Shoots in the 80s

Macgregor v-foil m 565

Summary:
I bought these irons a couple of months ago off ebay 4i-gw, I wanted something a little more forgiving but with no or very little off set, purchased them for $150 and made my decision based on these reviews, & now I have a few rounds with them under my belt I can say i am not disapointed, the rifle 4.5 reg shafts are great , not to whippy, I am one of those golfers stuck between reg & stiff & these are just right , i'm glad I did'nt go with the stiff.
They are just what I was looking for , a forged cavity back , with lots of forgivness & awesome shafts and cheap as chips !!.
I agree with the previous reviewer that the maxfli A-10 tour ltd is also an excellent iron but not quite as forgiving as these.
The M-565 sets up nicely at adress, the top line is a little thicker than what I am used to & if these clubs do have a down side it is purely esthetics, they are not the pretiest iron ever made but you can live with that especially when you see your aproach shots seeking out pins.
Also being forged they offer decent feedback & like the previous reviewer stated they dont ding as easily as other forged clubs.
All I can say is I am glad I bought them & I can recomend them to the mid handi caper. Cheers.

n.a.

Maxfli A-10, srixon i-302, mizuno mx-23

April 28, 2009

Reviewed by: pcgolfer ,  Shoots in the 80s

MacGregor M565

Summary:
These are the best golf clubs ever made in my opinion for mid handicappers - period. If you hit in the 90s, get these. You will only be able to get them on ebay.

MacGregor is one of the most underrted club maker period. They cut no costs in making these. Rifle shafts, good grips, and they are beautiful looking.

They are also forged, but they see to be much more dent/ding resistant than other forged irons. They are not blades and don't look as good as the A10s on setup. However, they look very good with little offset. Once you hit them and get the benefits of hitting your irons straight and on target, they go right to the top. I have tried to replace them every year, as I used to sell clubs. I have given up and bought a handful of sets to last until my golf days are done.

Like all other irons, these are lofted strong, with a 45 degree pitching wedge. I strongly recommend picking up a matching 50 degree gap wedge.

I own sets of these in graphite (stiff) and regular flex (4.5) and stiff (5.5) Rifles. I honestly have played every iron made. My sentimental favorite are the Maxfli A-10 Tour Limited (great irons). These irons and the Maxflis have the highest ratings on any irons every made and well worth it.

These irons are long, straight and work very well with slow swings. The 3 iron is very hittable, but I do favor an extra hybrid. There is nothing I can say but buy these if you can find them.