Maxfli Revolution Irons Review

Maxfli Revolution

More Products from Maxfli  >>

January 19, 2014

Reviewed by: want s to be a good player ,  Shoots in the 80s

maxfli revolution midisize red dot

Summary:
i started to play golf in Oct 2012, and back then i had a set of Taylormade Burners, GI clubs.A couple of months later i bought these clubs, my handicap was 30 plus shall i say and now my handicap is around 16. Two qualities that stand out in comparison to any other irons are FEEL and ACCURACY. I had the NS Pro stiff shafts in them all the while and never bothered to get properly fitted until today. The fitting pro told me that the loft and lies of the clubs were extremely off and the 7i had a D0 swingweight while the others had a D3 or a D4. He is going to get me fitted needless to say, probably with the DG S300 or X100 tomorow, so I just cant wait..Maxfli Revs are a no brainer when it comes to value for money, but if you dont mind spending some cash, there are some better irons out there, like the titleist MB 714's, TaylorMade TP MC's and MB, and Tourstage X Blades.
Mis hits on these irons can give u some pain in the arms, for me it is the right arm, so this is definitely a factor to consider. High launch and high spin are issues a player should be able to control with shot making skill so you cant blame the Maxfli's but they do have high launch and spin.

I have hit some other irons like the AP2's, AP1, Mizuno MP 17, Taylormade TP MC, CB and some Tourstage blade irons....All of these irons are on par or better than the Maxfli Revs except the AP1

November 8, 2013

Reviewed by: Geoffrey Sheridan ,  Shoots in the 70s

Maxfli Revolution black spot

Summary:
I've had my clubs now for well over 12 years and despite the fact that I keep being told to upgrade to technologically advanced clubs I have found nothing to beat mine.I've tried Mizunos and Titleists as demos but even though they're close they don't have the same feel and balance. When you strike it purely you know every time. My clubs will wear out eventually. What I'll replace them with I really don't know - they're great.

September 22, 2013

Reviewed by: Golfnut ,  Shoots in the 80s

Maxfli revolution

Summary:
Recently came across a set of these and can't rate them high enough. Back in the late nineties i had a set of black dots and got rid of them, and did not play for about 10 years. Since getting back into golf a few years ago i have tried Clevelands, mizuno, taylor made & nike. Both blades and cb. However struggling to find a good all round iron. Since finding this set of revolution II, have been really noticing the workability and softness of these irons, and I seem to be able to play better with these compared to newer style irons. I am not sure how these revolution II's differ from my old black dot revolutions but they have certainly helped with my game. Wish i had never sold my old revos 10 years ago. Would be good to know what years these revo II's were produced but if someone knows and what the change/upgrade was from original revos would be good cause i can't find much about them

March 4, 2013

Reviewed by: wynne harcombe ,  Shoots in the 70s

maxfi revolution irons black

Summary:
Dear All,
So glad i read your reviews, changed to these irons in 1996 when i was using Mizuno T Zoid Pros,

I now have 2 sets, they look great they feel great, and wow do they go well.

I prefer the Rifle 5.5 shafts, just the right stiffness.

I was toying with changing to something more forgiving however after reading the reviews, think I will stick where I am.

Thanks all for your reviews which has helped me decide,

Cheers

Wynne

February 24, 2012

Reviewed by: James ,  Shoots in the 70s

Maxfli revolution

Summary:
Had these irons for sometime now.
And they are simply amazing compare these to any
Other moden day irons on the market and you would agree.
They are old they do not have all moden technolog
But they don't need it and nor do you believe me.

Why should I upgrade I have try mizunos, titleist,
Callaway, ping, Cleveland,
And really the only thing that came close to the maxfli where the mizunos.
If you are looking to change your irons you really must try these.
Buy a 6 iron of eBay it will cost you about a ten pounds. After comparing it with all moden day irons you will see what iam talking about
You will not be disappointed then you can buy a secondhand set for next to nothing and save yourself a fortune and have the best iron set ever made in your bag.
New moden irons just don't compare to the maxfli to me.