Mizuno FLI-HI Utility Long Irons Review

Mizuno FLI-HI Utility Long

FLI-HITM offers a high trajectory for soft landings from long distances.

It is every golfers dream to be able to hit long iron shots perfectly either off the tee, in the fairway, or onto the green with controllable, precise accuracy. Now Mizuno combines the distance and the trajectory of a fairway wood with the accuracy and control of a forged iron in the new FLI-HITM utility long iron. Featuring the revolutionary new CORTECHTM face design, the easy-to-hit FLI-HITM utility long iron generates superior initial ball velocity for distance while providing a high trajectory for pinpoint approach shots.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

July 23, 2011

Reviewed by: bob_f52 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno Fli-Hi Utility, 21 deg, Mizuno Exsar Reg

Summary:
For me, this club works the best of all the utility/hybrids I have tried. Its good with my crummy swings, and great with a good swing. I think the others I've tried are really good, but this one just has more forgiveness than others. As a once a week player, I'm probably always going to need more forgiveness. It saves me strokes. I don't believe it is as long as the well struck Nickent, but (for me) it is just so much easier to get somewhat right. I'm pretty sure Mizuno has moved on from this club, but if you can get you hands on a genuine Mizuno used club, I believe you will be happy.

Have not needed.

21 deg Nickent 3dx UST Pro Force II Stiff, MacGregor V-foil 565 3 iron Graphite Design YS Reg, 21 deg Taylor Made Rescue 21deg reg, Titleist 503H 22 deg Steel reg.

January 1, 2010

Reviewed by: ajey ,  Shoots in the 90s

mizuno fli hi hybrid 21* & 24*

Summary:
I received these clubs from ebay two days ago, and haven't got time to the range, so no practiced at all. I'm 20 handicap started playing golf a year ago. This morning i played 9 holes only. I was so surprised because i can hit this club so good. I missed the first three shot, then i tried with driver's swing, wooooooowww unbelievable easy, straight and soft landing.. Hit 200 yard with 21* and 185 with 24*. I wish i am still able to hit this club like that next time i play.

January 3, 2008

Reviewed by: jesse.day ,  Shoots in the 80s

CLK FLI-HI 17* S300

Summary:
I own a Ben Hogan CFT 23*(4 graphite) and a Nickent 20* (X100) as well as the CLK FLI-HI.
The CLK FLI-HI is OK but I like both the Nickent and Ben Hogan better.
The CLK is offset so alignment is a little tricky. My mis-hits usually end up drawing with a low ball flight. Not that I don't mis-hit the other two, I just think they are better offerings.
Also, for a hybrid I really like the Nickent because the swing weight is heavier so I feel a lot more clubhead awareness. If hybrids are supposed to be 50% wood and 50% iron, CLK's are 80 wood/20 iron.
I got this for 32 dollars after shipping brand new so you really can't beat the value and it came with my preferred shaft.

It's a good club, but there are certainly better.

Nickent 3DX, BH CFT

January 31, 2007

Reviewed by: FULLBORE ,  Shoots in the 80s

CLK FLI-HI 23

Summary:
THE ONLY HYBRID That I can hit with a slight draw. Don't believe the hype that ANYONE can hit a hybrid with ease. This takes a certain amount of practice and knowledge.

Haven't used

rescue
paradise
srixon
sonar tech

May 30, 2006

Reviewed by: Drinkh2o ,  Shoots in the 80s

FLI-HI CLK 23*

Summary:
Only have about 4 rounds on this club, but intentionally tried to hit it a number of times. Easy to hit and flies straight. Bought this to replace my 3 iron. Not sure about distances yet, but did stick it to 10ft from 200 out. Straight as a arrow and landed soft. Think its a beautiful club that feels great swinging.

NA

1st Hybrid, used 3 iron and 5 wd with varying success.