Mizuno MP-33 Irons Review

Mizuno MP-33

The first new "forged muscle back blade" offering from Mizuno in more than 7 years the MP-33 iron features attributes from the previous MP series irons: Face profile of the MP-9, the Sole and Chamber and Radius of the MP-14 and the loft and lie angles preferred on Tour.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

May 20, 2014

Reviewed by: Jez ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MP33

Summary:
I bought a set of these -fitted- with dgs400 in them 1-PW ! in 2000 . I stopped playing as much in 2010 and started coming out of them so I sold them . That was a bad mistake nothing,nothing came close to how these felt even Hogan Apex tour were nowhere near. So the other week I found a very good cond. set with Rifle 6.0 in them and I'm back in love. I still have the 1+2 irons from the original set. Getting back into the game now I'm shooting around +16
after being a 9 H/C. I've had a lesson and found my strike again and boy do these feeeel gooood . The rifles work nicely with my swing and I regret ever selling my first set . If you play a semi-blade try these out because they are really user friendly for a blade . Those people who tell you to stay away from blades should shut up and say "try some MP33's" .The rewards are unbeatable . As another chap on here said ,the smug factor on Tee#1 is off the scale as they stand there with £800 ping frying pans lol.

Awesome

Hogan Apex Edge,Apex Tour, Nike,MP62.

December 21, 2012

Reviewed by: Just Brilliant ,  Shoots in the 80s

mp 33

Summary:
53, 6'2 185 SS w/driver 105. 46 yrs of golf. HS and College played w/ Mac Tourneys blades. Went to Ping Eyes for 20 years. Fitted for Callaway x-12s in 1998. 2012 bought MP-33's with dyna lites new Winn Excel grips. I am backing up every approach shot. I can play draw, fade. Leaving a light divot. Now I can't step away from the course. I would be lower hdcp but the putter needs rr. Winter in NE. Lucky to have a driving range in the barn. Pick up any game improvement club after hitting these is no challenge. Great feel. Fantastic lofts. Looking forward to consistent 70's.

Razr Hawk Tour driver, Titleist 906f4 FW's. Mizuno spin shafted 52 and 56.

November 2, 2012

Reviewed by: chris lynch ,  Shoots in the 70s

mp33

Summary:
Mizuno mp33 are the best clubs mizuno have ever made and are a set that all blades try to copy [nike pro,titleist 712]included.A pure blade in the most beautiful form. I have used blades my whole golfing life and had a variety of clubs [always blades]. I have just bought my 3rd set and when the time comes i will probably buy a 4th.But a warnig these clubs are no good for anyone who isnt a strong confident striker of the ball and must be respected and not for your once a month golfer But please try make it a goal to try a play these club because once you get used to them they are magical and being able to move the ball [fade draw] becomes easy.Always remember to look after the faces and stay away from taking risky shots including stones in bunkers etc as they will make easily being forged.Have just found a 2iron on golf bidder to make my set complete now its had a golf pride multi compound grip put on it .My 2 iron was desribed as..
head good 7
shaft good 7
grip good 7
but it should have said excellent because the condition was fantastic and because of this i will be using golf bidder again the service is great .I paid £70 and its as beautful as the rest ... looking for a titleist 910fd as mizuno woods are not up to much

fantastic all the way ..even the delivery was good see you soon.....

nike tw,titleist 710/712

May 27, 2012

Reviewed by: RichardL ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MP33

Summary:
I had wanted a set of MP 33's for a long time, but every set I saw had stiff shafts. I'm just not a big hitter, and knew that they wouldn't work for me. Then I saw a practically new set on Ebay with 5.0 Rifle shafts, -O.5" and made the plunge. As others have said, these irons provide feedback like none I've ever experienced. I can tell exactly where on the club face I hit each shot. Off center hits lose a bit of distance, but not much. Pure strikes are oh so sweet! Even with a swing speed around 90 I can hit a PW 125 with enough spin to back up a ProV1, and I have never before been able to do that. Of course I keep the grooves sharp with a Groove Sharpener. I love the game, love the challenge, and love the pure craftsmanship of these blades. And I'm improving every season, now shooting in the 70's as often as the 80's. What more can one ask? Great tools!

MP 30

December 5, 2011

Reviewed by: Jullian-Desayes Guillaume ,  Shoots in the 70s

mp33

Summary:
I purchased a mint condition set of those old model from a good friend of mines 3 monthes ago. That was for the the fun of hitting blades cause at that time i supposed blades were for top ranks golfers only.I was wrong. The only think they need is ( yes a good contact) a little more than an average head speed.Whith DG s400 that was like a revelation whith me. I agree with what have been said in this topic : The quality of the shot is much more rewarded with those true clubs. The ball goes where it goes by you shapping the shot and NEVER ballon.Now i'm more used with my 33s i've tried others but in any practice meeting everyone recognize the purest line and shotshapes of them. If you can find them in good condition go for it cause a lot of new products(same target) are not same level.