Mizuno MP-52 Irons Review

In The Hole Golf

November 12, 2012

Reviewed by: Timmeh ,  Shoots in the 80s

MP-52

Summary:
I have had these clubs for about 2 years now and I must say they continue to deliver great feel, shot making ability and confidence when addressing the ball. You cannot beat Mizuno forged irons for feel, and these have the added bonus of the dual cavity which allows off centre hits to still come out okay with the feedback letting you know you haven't quite flushed it. I would encourage any low - mid handicapper to get these irons especially if you make decent swings a majority of the time. They may not suit high handicappers (look at the Mizuno JPX range instead). Overall fantastic clubs which will be very hard to replace (I think I will wear them out first)

Srixon i901, Taylor made RAC

December 11, 2011

Reviewed by: Par4Par ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MP52

Summary:
First Forged Iron I've every played. One word to describe them "Awsome". If you've got a good swing, you'll love them. Great Job......

RAC LT's, DCI762's

June 30, 2011

Reviewed by: JESSBIRDIE ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno mp-52

Summary:
PROJECT X 5.0, BOUGHT NEW ON SALE ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO (MOST CLUBS I BUY SLIGHTLY USED OR CLOSE-OUT AND I DO A LOT OF TRADING.) I AM 61 AND PLAYED ABOUT 7 YEARS (LATE START) I JUST SHOT MY FIRST TWO 79'S IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH THESE. (I USE WHITE TEES SINCE I AM SLIGHTLY AGED.) NICE FEEL, MIZUNO ACCURACY, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND, BUT.. TRY SEVERAL OTHER IRONS AS WELL, ALL GOLF CLUBS ARE VERY PERSONAL TO THE INDIVIDUAL. I ALSO OWN AP-2, 2009 X FORGED, MP-58, ADAMS CB2, ADAMS IDEA A7 GRAPHITE, JUST PURCHASED USED MIZUNO JPX800 PRO (WHICH I THINK I LIKE BETTER THAN MP-52, THEY SEEM TO WORK BETTER (FOR ME) ON ACKWARD LIES AND THEY ARE LONGER- GEE, MAYBE BECAUSE THE 6 IRON IS 29 DEGREES INSTEAD OF 31). I LIKE PROJECT X SHAFTS (USE 5.0 SINCE I AM OLD AND WEAK). MAKE SURE YOU GET THE LIE ADJUSTED CORRECTLY SO YOU DON'T HIT RIGHT OR LEFT OF TARGET WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE HITTING STRAIGHT. THERE ARE ALOT OF GOOD IRONS OUT THERE, FOR ME I THINK MIZUNO'S ARE THE MOST ACCURATE.
LOOKS LIKE ACCORDING TO RANKMARK'S LATEST IRON TEST I BETTER GO TRADE A FEW SETS FOR TITLEIST CB.

NOT USED

G-10, RAPTURE, MP-30, MX-23, AP-1, S-9, CI-7, X-22, I-10, 2007 R7-TP, DIABLO FORGED, MX-300

April 21, 2011

Reviewed by: brian ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno mp 52

Summary:
bought these with the project x shafts...absolutely beautiful clubs...i am a 12 handicapper...feels like i am hitting the ball with a board...loss of distance and feel ...very disappointed..will be getting rid of them shortly...and i am a big mizuno iron fan..
i heard nothing but good reviews about these clubs but they do not work for me...

i honestly cannot recommend these clubs to anyone

mizuno mx 900

January 29, 2011

Reviewed by: Martinamis22 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno mp 52

Summary:
A friend of mine got a set of these irons before Xmas and I was so impressed I bought a set to replace my maxfli revolutions.

I took them out for the first time yesterday and think they are great. On my first hole had about a 140 metre second shot with a faint following breeze - took a smooth swing at an 8 iron aiming at the middle of the green and " click" it leapt off the club face. It was the story of the day - great feel, feedback etc.

Very very happy. Played to my handicap (8) with 2 holes out where I sprayed driver. Highly recommended.

Bought from 3balls.com. Excellent experience - seamless service and great price.

Maxfli revolutions - great clubs but shafts were getting a bit tired.