Mizuno MP-57 Irons Review

Mizuno MP-57

The New MP-57TM irons are a crowning achievement in the evolution of MIZUNO's award-winning Grain Flow Forging® and Cut MuscleTM technologies. The Product Development team undertook the task of making the MP-57's the first MP iron with a Full Cavity, resulting in a significantly larger sweet area than any other iron in the history of the MP line. Along with increased forgiveness, the MP-57's produce a slightly higher ball flight in the long irons, and a mid trajectory in the scoring irons. They also deliver the solid feel and shot making ability that the MP iron player craves. Most importantly, the MP-57's achieve all these playing aspects, yet in a classic head profile that appeals to better players.

The ideal combination of solid feel and workability, with unbelievable forgiveness, make the MP-57s the most playable MP irons ever.

Features

* First ever Full Cavity MP iron for increased forgiveness with a reinforcing muscle pad for enhanced feel.
* Innovative Cut MuscleTM design provides ideal COG location, perfect trajectory, enhanced solid feel, and complete ball control.
* Exclusive Grain Flow Forged®, 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel.
* Durable Double nickel chrome plated finish.
* Modified U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate, for maximum playability in all conditions.
* Rolled leading edge, cambered mid-sole, and rolled trailing edge deliver consistent striking ability from all types of lies.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

November 10, 2013

Reviewed by: David Bevell ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP-57

Summary:
A really nice feel - it does have that Mizuno Forged feel at impact if you hit it on the sweetspot. I thought it was going to be more forgiving than it was. I hit balls and played 2 rounds with them and I wanted them to be the club - they weren't. It is a beautiful club. If you're looking for forgiveness in a forged club - look somewhere else. The old Mizuno Pros (late 90s) has more forgiveness and a better feel than these.

Mizuno MP58, 60, 32. Callaway X Tour Forged, X20. Taylormade Burner 1.0 and 3.0. Titleist 775 and 735.

November 27, 2012

Reviewed by: Tom DiCinti ,  Scratch Golfer

Mizuno MP 57

Summary:
I've previously played with Titlest Blade (PM) for 12 years, and swiched 3 years ago to Taylor Made Tour Preferred TP irons. I'm a Lefty, so it's hard to find and try quality clubs witout buying them. I saw a used set of MP 57's on ebay, and decided to buy them. Looks like they were played for a season, but in great shape. I played a round,the day after receiving them, and they felt solid, and the ball flight was perfect for me. However all shots went right, and I though I was pulling or hooking everything. They just felt like they would go right in the set up...so I took them to Golf Galaxy, and sure enough, they were 1 1/2 to 2 degrees upright..had them changed back to Standard, and now WOW..they feel great, go where you aim them, and I have increased my distance by 1/2 club...They are a Players club, you can move the ball, and get great feedback. Highly recommend for 0-12 handicapers...or aspiring 20's who want to be single digets. But get them or any set fitted..even good golfers cant hit shots with Irons not fitted to them.

May 18, 2012

Reviewed by: Vladamir ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP-57

Summary:
Clubs good as Russian Vodka comrad. I so happy to be in this country where women have high heel with short pants. Beyond wildest dream. I start golf back 5 years after getting dream job as grass lawn jockey. I sneak off to links at midnight like spy back in Kremlin. First I borrow set from soul brotha' neighbor but find heads to big for liking. I get good real fast and need clubs help me get better.

I go to said golf store and slavic owner try to wheel/deal. I make him offer he can't refuse with my Russian friends beside. I now own said clubs and will protect store owner from Russian Mob. I tell him I'll peel his skin if he tell. No problem.

Year later I play golf still with same clubs. Club cut through ball like a peeling knife through finger back at KGB. Love country where fallen comrad can bat around ball with shiny club.

I must go now. My wife, Zoya, she get mad when take time on review board. She cooking favorite food this night...Tvorog burgers and Vodka. I will see you.

I not call them

Sling blade, other tools to extracting information

December 26, 2011

Reviewed by: cameron the man ,  Scratch Golfer

mp-57

Summary:
These are amazing clubs. if you have a choice between these and any other company or style, go with these. they are great feeling, balanced, and very playable.

August 7, 2011

Reviewed by: Foundthebunker ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MP-57

Summary:
I have had these clubs for 3 seasons now and love the consistency. They seemed to be a full club different from my previous set (R7). I played a full year with them thinking my swing was at fault for the distance loss. I hit them pure, but had to play an 8 where I would normally play a 9 iron. Finally I took them back to the shop I bought them from to get a second fitting, thinking it might be the wrong shaft for my swing. Turns out the clubs had a 4 or 5 degree difference in loft from my old set. They made a couple adjustments and sent me on the range...low and behold I was back to my distance but still hitting far more consistent. I am still considering new shafts as their analyzer suggests an R300 or PX 5.5 for my SS. Overall though I love these irons. They look great at address, swing pure and with the DG S300 shafts have a boring trajectory. Just make sure if you buy them online you get fitted before tossing them out...really goes for any club, but it made a huge difference with these.

Never had to contact Mizuno