Mizuno MP-58 Irons Review

Mizuno MP-58

Mizuno MP-58 3-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts Introducing the MP-58 Irons from Mizuno with revolutionary Dual Muscle Titanium Technology. During the complex grain flow forging process, a high-tech titanium metal is forged into the outer muscle of the iron, which not only delivers the feel, workability and shape every MP player desires, but also takes playability in an MP iron to a new technological level. The light weight characteristics of the pure titanium utilized in the MP-58 irons allow for

More Products from Mizuno  >>

In The Hole Golf

October 26, 2013

Reviewed by: davidb4210 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP-58

Summary:
A nice club but doesn't have the great feel of some other Mizuno irons - a hard feel - I was surprised at that. My Callaway X20's have a better feel & are a better club - shocking. MP60 and MP 32 have a better feel. MP58 are pretty solid and do have some forgiveness. I was hoping they would feel like the old Mizuno Pros - not even close.

Mizuno always answer my emails within one day - very nice.

Callaway X Tour Forged, X20's, Mizuno Pros, MP 60, MP 32, Titleist 735 & 755, Taylormade 1.0 & 2.0 and lots more.

February 10, 2013

Reviewed by: bigboss8 ,  Shoots in the 80s

MP58

Summary:
Had the clubs now for 2 yrs and still liking them...only issue is the swing weight. I need a D5 and they come stock as a D2, so make sure when fitted get the right swing weight. They hit straight and far when balanced correctly. Even off hits go straight…I recommend them!

March 4, 2011

Reviewed by: Jon Sadlier ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP-58

Summary:
I purchased these irons last year to replace my MP-60s both of which had Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. I really liked the 60s but find these to be a little more forgiving with similar workability not to mention great much better looking at address and in the bag.

One other thing to note is that I am 6'3" and the MP-60s I had were standard length with 3/4" plugs in them. I purchased the MP-58s from Mizuno with my correct measurements. This certainly attributed to the performance for anyone thinking of buying them standard and extending them themselves.

Not Applicable

Mizuno MP-58, Titleist AP2

January 13, 2011

Reviewed by: Golfer_656 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno Mp-58

Summary:
I've only had them a couple of days but these clubs are unbelievable! I switched from graphite shafts as I am only 14 and the feel and sound of the Mp-58's is pure. Nothing compares to the look, feel, sound or accuracy of the Mp-58's they are simply a masterpiece! :)

Haven't had to deal with it.

Nothing compares to the Mp-58's

October 28, 2010

Reviewed by: CH47IP ,  Shoots in the 80s

MP 58

Summary:
Upon first glance these are just a beautiful set of irons. I switched from my TM RAC TP. Bought them from golfsmith and hit them decent, took them to the course and it was terrible, could not hit them to save my life, although on the occasional well struck shot I was still liking them, just not sure if the DGS300 is the right shaft for me so I recently put in the Proj X 6.0, have yet to hit them but will post a later review based on the new shafts. Don't get me wrong, great set of irons when you hit them pure. Everything about them is top notch, looks, feel, everything.