Mizuno MP-62 Irons Review

In The Hole Golf

June 15, 2012

Reviewed by: Isaac ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mp 62

Summary:
Does anyone want to punch peter duffey. Learn how to golf before you blame a club. These clubs are great. I will play this set until it is worn out

May 22, 2012

Reviewed by: Bryan ,  Shoots in the 90s

mp 62

Summary:
Really great irons. I had good control over the ball flight right off with all of the clubs (3-pw). Better control than my previous set, Bridgestone J33s. They feel really sweet when struck on center and not too harsh when struck off center. The long irons were easier to hit than the J33s.

I think off-center hits are where all that sound tuning stuff is noticeable in comparison to non-Mizuno clubs; the club kinda wobbles like a big tuning fork on off center hits - that's the sensation coming through the hands. It's not really harsh. The J33s were that typical harsh feeling on off center strikes.

Of course center hits were really sweet feeling - soft by comparison to the J33s. The J33's blades were kinda "clicky" on center hits. I guess it's not really apples to apples though since the mp62 is a half cavity. Still better feel IMO than the muscle back blades on center hits.

If your shooting in the 80s or 90s, have a good swing and are trending downward (like me!), don't be scared of these irons. They will give you the confidence to execute shots. Something I couldn't say for the J33s - as good a club as they are.

I haven't demoed any of the other MP series clubs so I can't speak for them in comparison. I've been playing the J33s for about a year.

I picked up the 3-pw set used for $300 in excellent condition.

Haven't had any interactions with customer service

Bridgestone J33 forged combo irons 8-pw trap muscle blades, 6&7 muscle back half cavity, 4&5 tungsten insert muscle back half cavity

April 4, 2011

Reviewed by: texasmedic26 ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MP62

Summary:
Had been using very old Callaway X-14's. For me, 2nd hand clubs at my level when I started was fine. Most of what callaway makes is decent in my opinion. I felt the 14's were a tad short distance wise. Just test played the MP62's. Wow!! Already put them on hold and will pick them up this week. 20 yds longer per club then my Callaway 14's. If you are looking for something with great feel and great feed back...grab these when you get the chance.

Didn't go through the website. I went to Golf Ranch in Georgetown, Tx. These guys are always great and appreciative when you come in. Bill (golf pro) is a top notch dude and Dan is always doing anything he can for his customers. If ever you are in Georgetown Tx, stop in.

Callaway x-14 steel head.

June 29, 2010

Reviewed by: Scot ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MP-62

Summary:
I've been playing Mizuno MX-900 irons for the past five years shooting in the low 80s. These are excellent irons with very good feel (they're forged) and super forgiveness. I have been thinking for awhile about moving to the MP series to force my game back into the 70s on a consistent basis. I was concerned that the approach may backfire as I only play 9 holes or so a week without much practice...

Anyway, I picked up the MP-62s and am totally blown away! I actually am hitting them better than I hit the MX-900s which is absolutely stunning. I don't know if the hype of the player clubs spooked me, but I was expecting to hit errant shots for awhile until I grooved my swing... but these irons are so easy to hit pure and after the first 9 holes with them, I am definitely striping the ball far better than I ever hit the 900s.

These clubs are beautiful and the guys I play with have drooled over them. At first the look was intimidating as the club is smaller than my 900s, in terms of top line, no cavity back on the longer clubs, minimal offset, and slightly smaller head. But I quickly got over it and they are much easier to hit because they're smaller and easier to get into the proper position.

I can't give these clubs a high enough rating. And if you're a decent player (80s or better) I highly recommend them - don't be intimidated like I was - you'll love them.

May 22, 2010

Reviewed by: sirchandestroy ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP62

Summary:
The aesthetics of this set are astounding; not quite as breathtaking as the MP33 or the 690MB, but it is one gorgeous iron.

Hard to differentiate from a blade at address.

A little on the heavy side - haven't weighed them, but I'm guessing stock is D3 or D4.

Not _quite_ as buttery as you would suspect, but pretty smooth.

Mish*ts (GR filtered this!!) are both workable and forgiving.

Hit them about a 1/2 club longer than the 690MB.

N/A - bought used from Golfsmith.

690MB, MP30