Mizuno MP-67 Irons Review

Mizuno MP-67

Continuing the award winning success of Cut MuscleTM technology, the Mizuno product development team has developed a new muscle back iron featuring an innovative "Slender" Cut Muscle design. This new Slender Cut MuscleTM allows the player complete ball control by pin-pointing the COG inside the muscle back design. Utilizing our Grain Flow Forging® and Cut MuscleTM technology, the design team was able to provide a neutral COG relative to the shaft axis and a consistent sweet spot location for exact trajectory and distance control. The cambered sole of the MP-67TM allows the player precise shot making capability from all types of lies. The MP-67TM long irons achieve a mid-high trajectory, while the scoring irons deliver a mid trajectory.

The MP-67TM offers unmatched ball control by utilizing a new "Slender" Cut MuscleTM Design to precisely position the COG from iron to iron.

Features
Innovative Muscle Back with "Slender" Cut Muscle™ design provides ideal COG locations, perfect trajectory, enhanced solid feel, and the ultimate in ball control.
NEW Grain Flow Forged®, 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel.
Durable Double nickel chrome plated finish.
Modified U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.
Rolled leading edge, cambered mid-sole, and rolled trailing edge deliver consistent striking ability from all types of lies.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

October 5, 2011

Reviewed by: JohnnyApple ,  Shoots in the 80s

MP67 Dynamic Gold (Regular)

Summary:
I find these irons to be classic in blade design. The feel at impact when struck pure, is a golfer's dream. That "Bagger Vance" feel after impact, the music in the back of the mind, in a moment of time in which, the world stands still as the only focus is the ball flight...yes, its that niiiice.

This set of irons does require a consistent swing. Slop mechanics will just find these irons to be very unforgiving.

Although, these irons are not game improvement by design, by disciplining my swing to stay within my own consistency, these irons perform wonderfully.

These irons are soooo easy to draw it just seems natural.

The PW is truly a short gamers green side gem.

I am impressed with the durability of the face of these irons. I mean, I do keep the grooves clean after every shot and it has paid off in dividends.

Mizuno made these irons right...

Mizuno Gold
Yonex Tour
Callaway S2H2

April 30, 2011

Reviewed by: Oakland ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno mp67 irons

Summary:
I play a Mizuno mp32 after a spell with some Callaways and Hogan Apexs b4 that. I loved the MP32's, but they were pretty worn. The MP67 is similar but not quite as forgiving as the MP32. However, I like the sweet spot feel better on the MP67. I tend to hit the MP67 higher than the MP32, but I think that is mostly reflecting a shaft change that I did. I wanted to slow down my swing tempo. It has been a nice transition since I play a fair amount in the wind, I use the stiff shafted MP32s, and when sunny and nice out, I use the regular shafted MP67s. A nice luxury I do admit. The look at address of either Mizunos is dreamy. They are awesome looking clubs. (Only a MB Mizuno, Vega, TM or Titleist looks as cool.) The heads on the long irons would appear small for a GI person, but they are perfect for a blade guy. Great tactile response, as always with Mizuno forgings. Soft feel indeed. I tend to believe that you do have to have a consistent swing and be a decent ball striker to appreciate these forgings. If you aren't hitting the sweet spot, you really are going to pay a price with these blades, generally. However, if you put in the time and have a decent swing to begin with, then you can appreciate what all the shouting is about. They are about as long as my Hogans. The faces are not hot at all, so you should expect some distance loss if you have used any of the many GI irons available. There is very little if any offset to these irons, so don't expect the long irons to be offset.

dont know

hogan apex pc
hogan apex redlines
mizuno ms801
mizuno mp32

April 20, 2011

Reviewed by: DaymonJ11 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MP-67

Summary:
There's a HUGE misnomer about what players should play what irons. High handicappers should steer away from blades, good players should only play blades....blah blah blah.

I believe that a player should play what he's most comfortable with, for me, that's a blade. I cannot stand the chunky/bulky look for typical GI irons. They're just tough to hit true for me.

I was playing a set of Cleveland CG1's and I really liked them, however, I picked these up straight across at Golfsmith for a set of Nike VR Full Cavity irons I had, so, it was an even swap proposition for me, nothing to lose.

I took these to the range (grass) 3 days after I got them, put some swings on them and started to try and dial them in, and I'll tell you, these may be the smoothest irons I've ever hit.

Great sound at impact, great feel, consistent (even on mis-hits) and overall just a pleasure to play.

Many have mentioned a club lost, for me though, it's almost identical to my CG1's, I think it depends on the swing you put on the ball. Side by side, it's virtually the same.

The biggest compliment I can pay to these clubs, is that since they were basically free, I didn't have to like them as I had no monetary commitment there to like them. But, these are my favorite clubs ever now.

My gamers are...I mean were....CG1's. These have firmly replaced them, and hitting them side by side with several other irons (Taylor Made R9 B's, Titleist 680 mb, Titleist MB710, Callaway Diablo's, Ping s56 and Callaway Razr's) these performed better and more true than ANY of them....Wilson FG Tour aside.

I love them. They're cheap, and if you can find a pair, give them a go, and see what they can do for you. They're a solid club!

Titleist MB710, AP2, 690MB, 695, 680 and 681, Cleveland CG1, CG1 Tour, Wilson FG forged, FG-62, Ping S56, 57 among others.

September 8, 2010

Reviewed by: Sarah ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
If you are a low handicapper you will find that the Mizuno MP-67 irons give you consistent distance, lots of spin and shot shaping control. Another reason why these irons are meant for single-figure handicappers is that they are blades with a small sweet spot. This means that the player must have good swings consistently. At a retail value of $1,000, the MP-67s are not the most inexpensive irons. I bought it at an online golf shop golfshoppingshop.com as wholesale price. A more experienced player may want to invest in these irons for that price.

With such a responsive feel, these Mizunos will help improve your game considering that you can stay on the green with a good swing. If you are new to the game, you may want to consider another Iron, but if your swing is decent the MP-67 can really help your game.

MP57

January 9, 2010

Reviewed by: Butcher4H ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP 67

Summary:
I started playing the Mizuno mp33 about 8 years ago with a 25 handicap. It did not take long to learn that the center of the clubface is the only way to hit a good shot. After tuning in my swing and lots of practice, 3 years, I was down to a 16 handicap. Now, after trying all different types of irons, all different brands, cavity back, forged cavity, muscle back I am playing the MP67. Smooth as butter and very accurate. I am currently a 4 handicap and working hard to shoot under par. If you want to take your game to the next level get a set of Mizuno MP series. Cavity backs just make you play better not swing better.

MP 33, MP 32, MX 23, TZoid True, MP 29....The rest do not matter.