Mizuno MP 9 Irons Review

More Products from Mizuno  >>

July 23, 2011

Reviewed by: Geoff ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MP-9

Summary:
My favorite blade of all time, and I have played them all at one time or another, from button back Wilson Staffs in the '70s to Hogan Apex to MacGregor Muirfields to virtually every flavor of Titleist and Mizuno blade through the present day. In fact, I came to MP-9s late in that cycle, having been on Ram TW276 irons when the MP-9s were out. Nothing has felt sweeter when flushed or has allowed me to set up and hit just about any trajectory and curve that I want. But most of all the sole works for me. I'm a sweeper, not a digger, and the sole (not much bounce) is just perfect for my swing. For that reason they may not be ideal for you. But if that's the kind of grind you're looking for, you'll be very happy with these heads.

March 2, 2010

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

MS-9

Summary:
I wish they had the choice of "better than scratch" because that would describe my game. I'm a player in every sense of the word. These sticks are great and suit me well. Unlike most players on this forum, I'm a solid ball striker. I can fade it or draw it on demand. This is a no nonsense blade only for good golfers. You 80's shooters should stick to your Callaways.

They love me.

All the best brands send me clubs to try out. It is rare that one is good enough for my taste.

May 9, 2009

Reviewed by: Mxer581 ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno Mp-9

Summary:
absolutely amazing clubs. i picked them up used at a local sporting goods store when i traded in my 905r and hibore 3 wood. originally intended on getting the MP 33's, but they were missing the 8 iron. then these babies caught my eye. all i can say is i love them

im friends with the local mizuno rep so there ya go

titleist 690 mb
mizuno MP14

May 26, 2007

Reviewed by: bakdon ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno mp 9

Summary:
THESE ARE THE REAL DEAL.I CAN SEE WHY NICK FALDO AND A HOST OF OTHER TOP PROS USED THESE.RARE AND HARD TO FIND TODAY IN GOOD CONDITION.THESE HAVE THE NIKE BLADE PROFILE AND SAME LOFTS.OUTSTANDING BALL FLIGHT AND SPIN CONTROL.THESE HAVE THE OLD MIZUNO FEEL.SOFT AND CRISP.THESE ARE WHAT ALL BLADES SHOULD BE BASED ON.NO B.S.JUST GREAT PERFORMANCE.I AM LUCKY TO HAVE FOUND A MINT SET.

THE NAME SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

MP 37-33-29-8-7-30.