Mizuno MX-1000 Irons Review

Mizuno MX-1000

The MX-1000 Hot Metal irons were developed with a super high COR and a massive MOI for AMAZING DISTANCE AND FORGIVENESS. The Hot Metal construction of the MX-1000 is created by plasma welding a thin, hot, ES230 maraging steel face to a high tech stainless steel body. This exotic construction delivers COR numbers that reach the legal limit, which results in incredible distance for your iron shots. Moreover, Hollow Technology construction with internal extreme MOI weighting creates a super low and deep COG, which delivers an easy, high and straight ball flight.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

April 4, 2015

Reviewed by: Grady Larson ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MX-1000

Summary:
I have read thousands of golf club reviews over the years and have to say that the fragile male ego plays way too much of a role in most of them. For me, age and the effects of a stroke have moved me into the SGI (shovels) category. I recently purchased a 4-GW set of used MX-1000's with Grafalloy ProLaunch Axis shafts, hoping they would live up to their claims of forgiveness and distance. It took me about 20 shots to get comfortable with the clubs and from there on, I knew this set would exceed my expectations. Ball flight is high and penetrating - the 4 iron produces more of a 6 iron trajectory. Distance is as long as any iron I've ever hit - the hot face is HOT! Forgiveness and consistency is exceptional - this is where they really shine. Strike the ball anywhere near the sweet spot and it feels like forged. The Grafalloy Axis shafts are a perfect match for my swing.
OK, they do not have a thin top line, and yes, you can see the back side of the head in your setup position. Big Whoop - my age-dimished ego is just fine with that! These clubs outright perform in every aspect, and isn't that the ultimate compliment we can give any golf club? Mizuno has entered the SGI class with the MX-1000's, and has only enhanced their fine reputation!

Haven't needed it.

Nike VR-S Covert, Cleveland CG-7, Ping I-3, Titleist blades.

September 3, 2011

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

MX 1000

Summary:
I was disappointed in these irons. They had average distance and less than average feel. I don't like agreeing with FD as he is a clownish kid, but there it is.

The retail price is indeed outrageous. Even the $350ish I paid for a fine set off Ebay was too much. They just do not do anything super well. Not a bad set, just not much WOW factor.

They ARE very easy to hit... but many irons are as good with better feel and better distance.

NA

IMO the finest game improvement set is the Cobra UFI... superb in every way.

Other sets that provide forgiveness and distance and feel superior to the MX 1000? Many, including Ping G10 and G15, Cleveland CG7, Callaway X-18, taylor r7 Draw, Adams A7OS, etc, etc

November 7, 2009

Reviewed by: chuck ,  Shoots in the 100s

mx-1000

Summary:
well well well....this famousdavis clown is the true definition of a lowlife... don't trust anything about his review considering even not so good golfers like myself know to take extra club in the wind and to compare these irons to anything callaway has ever produced is comical....oh yea...that same moron famousdavis didn't tell you that the standard shaft for these irons is the new true temper gs 95 and that is the reason for the high trajectory...yes it is high and long with decent feel and very forgiving....oh yea the moron famousdavis didn't know that you can get a whole set of these off ebay for about $450 which is a steel for these irons.....if you play by the rules and need the best improvement irons you can buy then these are the current best, but if you cheat your ass off and claim to be a scratch golfer, hint hint famousdavis, then use any old irons and par every hole

ping, mizuno, titleist

November 4, 2009

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

MX-1000

Summary:
I tried these irons out at the range. I hit it in the center of the face every time so you should know this is a legit review. These 90's shooters that post reviews should take some lessons. Anyway, these irons shoot the ball very high and very long. However, if there was a wind in your face they'd end up a club short. I don't like the shaft they use with these..Dynalite Gold XP. It feels mushy. These are beautiful looking irons but the price is a joke. The shop had them at $999. Are you kidding me? Callaway X-12 irons yield the same results and have better feel. Thanks Mizuno.

I shouldn't have to call customer service but if I did I'd give them an earful about the price.

I've used them all dude. I'm not going to sit here and list them all for you to ponder!! Go away!!