Mizuno MX-11 Irons Review

Mizuno MX-11

MX-11TM enables golfers of all skill levels to hit consistent, high, accurate shots.

Mizuno revolutionizes game improvement technology with a club design that combines forgiveness, accuracy, and distance. The new MX-11TM irons feature two-piece T-Zoid® Hollow TechnologyTM construction allowing for a wide sweet spot area and a low, deep center of gravity producing a higher launch and increased distance with every iron. Mizuno technology has never offered more benefits to a golfer than in the MX-11TM, the future of game improvement design.

More Products from Mizuno  >>

April 28, 2010

Reviewed by: Dennis Hilburn ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MX-11

Summary:
Great set of irons --- easy to line up,easy to hit,very accurate,straight. They can be worked but I prefer straight. I have personally tried 100's of iron sets and I haven't replaced these yet. My biggest complaint is the wide soles, not the best for chipping. Some other reviews have complained of distance control and no feel from these clubs but I disagee on both counts. Besides who really needs to feel the shot when it is straight and on the green. These are not the longest hitting irons I've owned but they are "THE BEST".

Never needed

All Ping, Callaways, Taylormade,Macgregor,Cobra, you name it I tried them. My 2nd pick would be MacGregor m565's

September 5, 2008

Reviewed by: Editors - Golf Magazine ,  Scratch Golfer

Mizuno MX-11

Summary:
The Editors, GOLF MAGAZINE

After years of producing first-rate forged blades and cavity-back irons for better players, Mizuno targets mid- to high handicappers with the oversized, deep-cavity MX-11. But even low handicappers appreciate the MX-11's muscular looks. With its enlarged sweetspot and wide sole, it gives golfers that "can't miss" feeling, which is a plus for all levels.

Feel is a different story. Some like the slightly heavier clubhead sensation; others can't get comfortable with it. Most feel that the MX-11 not only dampens vibration on mis-hits but also dampens feedback on solid shots. This is a problem for better players. Others suggest the limited feel makes controlling greenside shots difficult. Not surprisingly, the one tester who raves about the feel of the MX-11 is right in its mid-handicapper target group.

The MX-11 proves a solid, if unspectacular, performer. None of our testers claim improved distance, but mid- and high handicappers will like knowing that the big sweetspot makes it easy to get the ball airborne and does a good job of forgiving poor contact. Considering the game-improvement features, the easy workability comes as a pleasant surprise to lower handicappers. There are a few comments about the thick sole, which seems unwieldy from poor lies, but in the end, all agree that the MX-11 would be a nice addition to the 14- to 20-handicapper's bag.

Anthony Spikes "Because of the lack of feel, I never have enough trust in these irons to play anything more than conservative shots into the middle of greens. I never feel comfortable enough to attack the pins."

Tony Crecca "Even good shots don't produce that 'pure' feeling I expect from my best efforts."

Bob McCarthy "The deep cavity back with the center weighting [T-Zoid bar] gives me as solid a feel as any club I've hit."

Tom Gustafson "Produced draws, fades, and knockdowns without breaking a sweat."

Eric Jack "Mis-hits sacrifice some distance, but direction correction is alive and well, saving me a few strokes."

Tony Crecca "The MX-11 is quite forgiving."

They use all of them ;)

August 12, 2006

Reviewed by: lawyer33501 ,  Scratch Golfer

MX11

Summary:
A brilliant club that is easy to hit at an exceptional price.

March 3, 2005

Reviewed by: LowPro ,  Shoots in the 70s

Mizuno MX-11

Summary:
These are excellent irons for the mid handicaper. I switched from a set of Pings and added and easy 10 yards to every iron. They set up beautiful, with minimum offset and only a slightly oversized head. They have a nice high trajectory. They are not very workable, but who cares if your shots are going straight. The first day I had them in the bag I hit 14/14 greens in regulation, which was a first for me. They are very affordable too; you can get a good used set on EBAY for less than $175. I also highly recommend Mizuno HiFli Irons as a good replacement for your hard to hit long irons.

November 1, 2004

Reviewed by: 62749golf ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno Mx-11 Irons

Summary:
I have played several game improvement irons and these by far have performed the best for me. The head size is over-size but not over powering. Forgiveness and length is very good. Able to hit even the long irons with confidence. Just swing easy and on line and let the club do the rest. I wish they had a Gap wedge as well but don't as far as I know. These irons will be in my bag a long time!

Have not had to contact them.

Taylor Made Supersteel, Ben Hogan Apex Edge, Taylor Made 200.