Mizuno MX-15 Irons Review

Mizuno MX-15

The new MX-15TM gives every golfer the chance to experience the benefits of dual T-Zoid® Power BarTM technology. The MX-15TM is a stainless steel game improvement iron with intricate perimeter weighting creating a low, deep center of gravity for exceptional forgiveness and ideal trajectory. The Dual T-Zoid® Power BarTM moves the center of gravity away from the face on longer irons (3-7) to help elevate the ball, while the solid T-Zoid® Power BarTM on the shorter irons (8-PW) provides more feel and workability for pinpoint accuracy with the scoring irons

More Products from Mizuno  >>

May 25, 2013

Reviewed by: Mark ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MX 15 irons

Summary:
These irons are very forgiving and produce great shots even for mid to low handicappers. Reviewers who are complaining that the ball flight is too high or they can't get standard distances are crazy. These are longer than my Titleist 962s and the trajectory is a good mid flight. They also bore through the wind nicely. I wanted to try out Mizuno irons as based on their reputation as a great iron. I found these on Ebay and they have not disappointed. I will have them for a long while. A terrific club.

Titleist 962

August 24, 2008

Reviewed by: MizunoGolfFan ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX-15

Summary:
These clubs are solid. I bought them used on ebay for super cheap (150$). They are forgiving (obviously, they're cavity backs) and good looking. It's easy to get the ball in the air and easy to hit straight. I'm not to sure how good the 3-5 irons are because I normally just use my hybrids instead, however the 6-PW are great. These clubs are typical Mizuno clubs and recommended for any mid to high handicapper.

None Needed

July 19, 2007

Reviewed by: Mike ,  Shoots in the 90s

MX-15

Summary:
I have only been playing for a year or so, but I do know foregiveness when I see it. I have been playing with a set of Titleist DCI 990's(blade) for a while. Although they are nice clubs, they were definately not for a beginner. A co-worker of mine who is a better golfer had a new set of MX 15's and wanted to trade even for my 990's. Needless to say that was the best decision I have made. I find myself easily getting the ball airborn, and hitting more greens. With my old clubs, I had a slice but I find myself hitting a slight draw with these. Also, I do not have the most consistant swing but I find myself hitting much fewer fat shots, and hardly ever blade the ball. In my opinion, if you are a newer golfer and are still working to perfect your swing, you cant go wrong with these. Great clubs!!!!!

Just my DCI 990's

August 28, 2006

Reviewed by: siongardner ,  Shoots in the 90s

MX 15 R300 shafts

Summary:
Hmmm... Thats all i can say about these clubs really. When struck well they fly high and feel real nice when they sprrrrrrring off the face! But in any real wind, I struggle to control the direction of the ball's flight. It's frustrating when I add the the height of a successful take-off to a bit of wind and I watch as my ball wanders off to the right, with a sidewards re-entry angle. If I roll my wrists over them it has either too much or no effect. Also the low irons (about 9 & PW) give me very little feel on any quality of strike and this has held me back from sticking it close when the oppurtunity comes. Mis-hits aren't forgiven enough (a slight toe strike takes off all the height and some 25 yards) but overall a nice set or irons if your game's sharp enough for them.

Tried the demos of the MP60s, MX23 and Titleist's new 775s. I do prefer the 775

May 6, 2005

Reviewed by: kawika5150 ,  Shoots in the 90s

MX - 15 T-Zoid

Summary:
Terrific irons! Goes a little farther, looks solid at set up. Ball flight does go a little higher due to the lower COG, especially on the long irons. I really want to try the MX 23's or the MP 37's as well, but you can't go wrong with these forgiving clubs. Got a set of irons, Mizuno bag and Mizuno putter all for $325 on eBay. How the hell can you go wrong with that?!

Didn't need 'em.

Titleist DCI oversize, Tommy Armour 845 SS, Hogan Apex Forged Blades (hard as hell to hit).