Mizuno MX-17 Irons Review

Mizuno MX-17

• Deep undercut cavity
  • State of the art "Multi-Piece Wax Technology"
  • Precisely engineered back cavity pads add mass behind the hitting area for greater feel
  • U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate

More Products from Mizuno  >>

November 27, 2012

Reviewed by: S.Mansfield ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno mx-17

Summary:
I have always been a keen sports man and always brought up to believe 'a bad workman blames his tools' and 'youre only as good as your ability' etc etc. I had been playing a cheap set of clubs for years, firmly believing the club make/quality/price meant nothing over ability........then I picked up a set of second hand MX-17's and what a difference.
Im not a pro by any means and if I had a handicap I'd guess I'd be around 18-20.
The MX-17 is a brilliant club for beginner/improver and instantly took 10 shots off my round over 18 holes.
the sweet spot seems huge...and when you catch it...the ball flies. I picked up my 2nd hand set for £125 and I will now go and get my handicap sorted!

July 15, 2012

Reviewed by: Davide ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno mx17

Summary:
I have owned these clubs for 2 years. I play anywhere from once a week to every other week. The Mizuno mx17 are a very forgiving club. I have scored in the 80's multiple times with these irons. The other week I hit 16 of 18 greens in regulation on a tough coarse that I regularly play. I only scored an 86 because I had 2 drives go OB and I was 7 over for those 2 holes. If not for that I may very well have broke 80 for the first time. my putting was off that day too. Anyone looking for a game improvement iron would like these irons. The only issue I have, is that after 2 years, my heads are coming loose from the shafts. My 4 iron head flew off during play and several of my other iron heads are coming loose. Other than that, tey are great irons.

Never had to deal with them.

Pine meadows Acer Hollow core and a cheap set of old Northwesterns.

November 27, 2010

Reviewed by: paul james ,  Shoots in the 70s

mizuno mx17 steel shaft irons

Summary:
Firstly having started with mizuno irons when I first took the game up 17yrs ago,and having tried most other big brand names,I have come back to mizuno,with the mx17 regular steel shaft irons.The weight of the club and look at address are secound to none and my ball stricking has improved beyond my expectations.Yes you do get a higher ball flight than most other clubs,but I always hit the ball high anyway,so have not lost any distance.For quality clubs at a sensible price mizuno cant be beaten

May 7, 2009

Reviewed by: GolfatRichmond ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX 17

Summary:
I got the MX 17's last year and man I am very happy with them. Clean top line feels like a players club. The face is very hot. If you hit down on the ball the club will do the rest. And its looks don't hurt either. Keep the groves clean and the lower irons with stick the ball on the green and may even get some spin action on the ball. The irons do allow you to work the ball on the low irons.

Have not needed customer service.

Ben Hogan Apex CFT edge

December 31, 2008

Reviewed by: chan ,  Shoots in the 80s

mx 17

Summary:
i used these irons for about 2 years, and they are extremly forgiving
if you mis-hit, itll go off target, but in a straight line, so you can push or pull the ball, but hooks and slices generally dont happen
i used stiff graphite shaft, and a sweet spot shot would feel awesome, but they had the weight spread out just enough that the mis hits didnt jar your hands.
ive improved enough to try a set of mizuno mp 32 (the quality of the mx 17s lead me to go on to another mizuno set)
but me getting used to a set of blades is a different story for a different review

bottom line, these clubs are very forgiving and fly with a good amount of spin on a consistant trajectory