Mizuno MX-200 Irons Review

Information Added By

June 21, 2012

Reviewed by: John Nightingale ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX-200

Summary:
Had a set of Mizuno MX-20`s which I foolishly sold, thinking some newer clubs would benefit me; as I`ve always struggled for distance with my irons. I was going to plump for some MX-800 pro irons, but was told by the pro I would find them too difficult to hit consistently. He persuaded me into a set of Taylor Made Burner 2`s, saying they would be more forgiving and give me the extra distance. After hitting around a 1000 balls on the range and four rounds later, I decided they weren`t for me. The clubs felt harsh and dead, and where was the extra distance that was promised? After reading reviews on here I decided to look for a second hand set of MX-200`s, best golfing decision I have ever made. I picked up a 4-GW set with Exsar 4 graphite shafts on Ebay for £190. These clubs are simply awesome, I`m now hitting my 7 iron 170 yards with either a straight flight or a lovely controlled draw. The feel of these clubs when you hit the ball sweet is awesome. Just a click and the ball flies off the face. Even on mis hits (I am a hacker after all) you don`t lose too much distance. Buy a set of these, you won`t be sorry. Nothing at all feels like a Mizuno forged club!!

Not used.

Mizuno MX-20

April 9, 2012

Reviewed by: RexN ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX 200 irons

Summary:
Did wonder about writing a review since these are now discontinued but there are a number of sets coming up on auction sites.

Mine are stiff shafts, which professional review sites suggest is between a standard regular and stiff for most othercompanies.

For once you are not going to see how many yards these clubs add to my game. If anything, perhaps I have lost up to 5 yards on average. Where these things ome into their own is the backspin achieved, even on 4 irons, which means that using the irons turns the greens target practice.

Combined with a GPS device, everything is pin high + or - 5 yards - amazing consistency unless there is strong wind.

The next step is to find a driver that never leaves the ball behind trees.

Not used

August 24, 2011

Reviewed by: Tim ,  Shoots in the 80s

MX200

Summary:
I am 54 and was a 7 hdcp.,four children later and not playing much (well you've heard the same old story).I always played blades or small cavaties and wanted to treat myself to a new set of sticks.I kept eyeing the Mx 200's at Dicks (based on reviews) and finally pulled the trigger.They were the last set on the floor(demo)and I was reluctant.I asked the pro to look around the other stores in his region.He told me after searching, they are the last set in New England (Dicks).I said I,ll take them.Went straight to the range,waited out a rain storm and grabbed a medium bucket.The 8-GW look rather clunky,but let me tell you I got over that in a hurry.I've always said its the indian and not the arrows,but let me tell you these irons are AWSOME.Great feel,nice high trajectory,good distance and super accurate,I mean lasers.They are easily the most forgiving iron I have ever played.If you can still find these give them a play,you will not be disappointed.Thank you for all the positive reviews.

Armour silverbacks,cleveland cg2s,hogan apex,Arnold Palmer standards.

June 24, 2011

Reviewed by: Dasher ,  Shoots in the 80s

MX @00

Summary:
I am 60 years old and used to play to a 14 hcp.about 20 years ago when playing regularly at least twice a week. Work commitments over the last 15 years saw me only play about 6 times in that period, but accidentally fell in love with the game again about 2 months ago.Used to play, until just recently Spaulding Top Flite tour irons,which were one of the first cavity backs to come on to the market back in 1991,that were and still are for that matter a great club. Decided that if i was going to start playing again i would shout myself a new set of clubs,have always liked the Mizuno irons, did a lot of research & finally decided on the MX 200's,so this is where it all begins.Have played about 6 rounds with them now and absolutely love them, cannot say enough about their feel,length, forgiveness and the pleasure i am getting out of them, it dosent seem like 20 years, my swing is slowly coming back and these clubs are certainly a big part of it, cannot recommend them highly enough.

Excellent

March 22, 2011

Reviewed by: Lensolo ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX200

Summary:
Up until time of purchase I was struggling with my game (Callaway BB04's) and was hitting in the mid 90's with the occasional low 90/high 80 round. On my first visit to a long course and playing from back tees. I shot my best round ever (85). The Irons have a lovely soft feel from them and give you confidence knowing where its going to go when standing over the ball. I would recommend these clubs to anyone looking for game improvement irons.