Mizuno MX-200 Irons Review

Information Added By

April 16, 2016

Reviewed by: Divesh Wadhawan ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno MX 200 irons

Summary:
I've had these clubs(4 - pw,gw,sw with the regular Graphite exsar i4 shafts) for over 7 years now. They're just awesome when my swing is more in sync and yet are not penalizing when it's off-kilter. The "Mizuno feel" is very present in this forged set of irons - the soft, buttery impact and it is very similar to their harder-to-hit MP irons range. They dial in my distances consistently esp.from the 8 iron down.The 4,5 & 6 irons do not have the traditional,classic look like the MP irons do(due to the clubhead bulge apparent at address)but its for this same reason that they are so much more forgiving than the MP's when hit off-center or low on the face.
The distance the MX 200's offer is as long as the other major manufacturers (TM, Callaway,Ping) and anyway irons are all about hitting it consistent yardages repeatedly rather than hitting a couple farther than other brands.
Overall I'm very happy with them as they've done wonders for my confidence and highly recommend them to others.

Not used...but mizuno's irons are made to last.

August 30, 2015

Reviewed by: Dan green ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno mx200

Summary:
Lovely looking clubs, and very forgiving.
Overall great clubs and mizuno are sheer class.

June 21, 2012

Reviewed by: John Nightingale ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX-200

Summary:
Had a set of Mizuno MX-20`s which I foolishly sold, thinking some newer clubs would benefit me; as I`ve always struggled for distance with my irons. I was going to plump for some MX-800 pro irons, but was told by the pro I would find them too difficult to hit consistently. He persuaded me into a set of Taylor Made Burner 2`s, saying they would be more forgiving and give me the extra distance. After hitting around a 1000 balls on the range and four rounds later, I decided they weren`t for me. The clubs felt harsh and dead, and where was the extra distance that was promised? After reading reviews on here I decided to look for a second hand set of MX-200`s, best golfing decision I have ever made. I picked up a 4-GW set with Exsar 4 graphite shafts on Ebay for £190. These clubs are simply awesome, I`m now hitting my 7 iron 170 yards with either a straight flight or a lovely controlled draw. The feel of these clubs when you hit the ball sweet is awesome. Just a click and the ball flies off the face. Even on mis hits (I am a hacker after all) you don`t lose too much distance. Buy a set of these, you won`t be sorry. Nothing at all feels like a Mizuno forged club!!

Not used.

Mizuno MX-20

April 9, 2012

Reviewed by: RexN ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX 200 irons

Summary:
Did wonder about writing a review since these are now discontinued but there are a number of sets coming up on auction sites.

Mine are stiff shafts, which professional review sites suggest is between a standard regular and stiff for most othercompanies.

For once you are not going to see how many yards these clubs add to my game. If anything, perhaps I have lost up to 5 yards on average. Where these things ome into their own is the backspin achieved, even on 4 irons, which means that using the irons turns the greens target practice.

Combined with a GPS device, everything is pin high + or - 5 yards - amazing consistency unless there is strong wind.

The next step is to find a driver that never leaves the ball behind trees.

Not used

August 24, 2011

Reviewed by: Tim ,  Shoots in the 80s

MX200

Summary:
I am 54 and was a 7 hdcp.,four children later and not playing much (well you've heard the same old story).I always played blades or small cavaties and wanted to treat myself to a new set of sticks.I kept eyeing the Mx 200's at Dicks (based on reviews) and finally pulled the trigger.They were the last set on the floor(demo)and I was reluctant.I asked the pro to look around the other stores in his region.He told me after searching, they are the last set in New England (Dicks).I said I,ll take them.Went straight to the range,waited out a rain storm and grabbed a medium bucket.The 8-GW look rather clunky,but let me tell you I got over that in a hurry.I've always said its the indian and not the arrows,but let me tell you these irons are AWSOME.Great feel,nice high trajectory,good distance and super accurate,I mean lasers.They are easily the most forgiving iron I have ever played.If you can still find these give them a play,you will not be disappointed.Thank you for all the positive reviews.

Armour silverbacks,cleveland cg2s,hogan apex,Arnold Palmer standards.