Mizuno MX-900 Irons Review

More Products from Mizuno  >>

November 20, 2013

Reviewed by: maiomai ,  Shoots in the 80s

MX-900

Summary:
I must have bought the MX-900 set 3-PW from Bert (the hater) on EBay really cheap. His lost is my gain ! I've played with this set for 3 rounds and the feedback of every club is fantastic. I just aim and strike the ball with complete confidence, even with 3/4 iron. Lookout partners !

No need.

June 27, 2013

Reviewed by: tom ,  Shoots in the 80s

mizuno mx-900

Summary:
good spacing of distance between clubs, and more control with the short irons, which are very easy to hit.

Some of the reviews have said they lost distance with the shorter irons, which is odd as if your hitting a 9 iron (or any iron) big hits aren't the name of the game, consistency and forgiveness are, which I have found these to be.

I have an average swing speed and find I hit them a few yards longer that the average mathematical distance, but when I open up I can find up to 20 yards more [for those average golfers who like to hit a 7 iron 150-160 yards].

Easy to find these days on ebay for not very much, but still better than some of the 'new tech' stuff.

not used.

Taylor (gimmick) Made burners, callaway x-22, mizuno mx-200

December 18, 2011

Reviewed by: Luke ,  Shoots in the 80s

MX-900

Summary:
After using a cheap Greg Norman (Shark) brand of irons, I was immediately impressed with the soft feel of the mx-900's. Since starting with them 6 years ago the only thing that ever became any sort of problem was when one of the weights came loose in the 6-iron (no biggy there). What makes these irons superior than it's opponent brands would be how much easier it is to hit the 3 & 4 irons their respective distance, in some cases the 4 iron will easily fly past my 5 wood (both on good shots). Overall I would recommend the mx-900's to any beginner who has already built up a strong swing (as brand new golfers might be a little overwhelmed with the weight of the longer irons) as these clubs are very great for their reasonable price.

November 8, 2010

Reviewed by: telcodean ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno Mx-900 Irons

Summary:
I have held off from writing a review on the mx-900 irons. I had tha problem looking at a thick top line and couldn't get past it for over a year. I was not hitting them well and kept going back to my old mizuno mx-20 irons. How ever i knew it wasn't the irons it was me. I decided on taking a couple of golf lessons. Low and behold it really was me and not the clubs. The instructor fixed my swing and I put in a lot of practice session. I know love these clubs they are more forgiving and with the lofts being a bit stronger I have gained more distance using them. I am now feeling the effects of hitting the sweet spot with these clubs feels like butter is the best I can describe it. I am 58 years old and I am not a longer hitter I hit my 5 iron 170 yards.I can also hit the 4 and 3 iron with I couldn't do with my other clubs these are like hitting a hybrid. I love these clubs now. I recommend these clubs for those that are mid to high handicap.

Never had to use them. Bought clubs on E-Bay

Wilson Staff OS- Olimar Trimetal-Taylormade rac

February 13, 2010

Reviewed by: arun_s ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno MX-900

Summary:
I was playing with a beginner set (Wilson steel shaft). As my passion for the game increased decided to go in for better clubs. Tried Callaway X-22, Taylormade Burner Plus and the Mizuno 950s. Based on the feel which was the best in the MX900, as well as the fact that the progressive sole thickness suited all terrains (harder fairways, rough) decided on these (graphite shaft). I got about 10-15 yards immediately - though the loft perhaps also had some role to play. Simultaneously worked on my swing mechanics and can now confidently hit the 3 & 4 irons. The good thing about these irons are that even if i hit them fat I only lose 10-20 yards and they go straight. I've hit fat and off-line some times, but am able to come back into play. However you do lose distance from the rough. These clubs also get a lot of attention due to their looks. Have no problem with the short-irons which are standard sole. I realized that the mid and long irons work pretty well if you pick the ball (like I do). Very happy with it and only see my game improving with it. Have dropped 10 strokes since April on my recently obverhauled course (7000 yds from the white tees, course rating of 73.1 and slope rating of 131). Feel confident of breaking 90 now and am close to it.