Mizuno T-Zoid T3 Titanium Insert Irons Review

Mizuno T-Zoid T3 Titanium Insert

More Products from Mizuno  >>

Review Abstract
Owners of the Mizuno T-Zoid T3 Titanium say, “thanks, Mizuno; what you have accomplished with these clubs is pure pleasure.” Golfers rave about this “truly unbelievable” club, a “very solid, very forgiving driver” which rewards you with “good length.” “Very straight,” the T3 Titanium is also “very good into the wind.” It also allows you “to draw the ball and is not offset in any way,” and “toe shots gear back to the target with tremendous regularity.” Golfers agree: the “impressive” T3 Titanium is “by far the best.”

November 30, 2009

Reviewed by: ahcampling ,  Shoots in the 90s

mizuno t3 oversize irons

Summary:
I have been playing about 10 years and have tried all sorts of clubs in search of the holy grail,Haven't we all! I bought a second hand set of t3 irons from a friend and on the first time out shot an 84 , at least 10 shots better than I have done in the last 3 months and on a windy day at that, I only wish I had bought some when I first started out but no doubt they would have cost me more than the £60 I parted with. If you see some buy them.

December 31, 2008

Reviewed by: doydy ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno tzoid T3 model

Summary:
These are sweet clubs that will provide a tremendous service for the golfer who trust them. Beautiful, long, and forgiving, off-center hits fly a mile!! You will not be disappointed with them. I have been playing for 11 years now and have used other clubs that I also love but I take my t3 out for a spin almost every other game as I like them that much. Find a set and try them! You will be hooked for life. Highly recommend!!

Ping Zing's, Zing 2's, Ping ISI, Ping ISI nickel

December 13, 2008

Reviewed by: AAAAYES ,  Shoots in the 80s

Mizuno T3 Ti w/Sensicore R-Shaft

Summary:
I purchased this T3 set after having my first experience w/the Mizuno Gold model in the last 6 months...This set must of came out in the 80s cus' it looks exactly like the Ping Zings.

I decided to continue with the Mizuno line, and found this T3 Ti set on Ebay for under $100.00 and in fantastic condition.

Appearence = B+

The shade darker Ti-insert enclosed by the Brushed Steel Housing just makes this set drop dead gorgeous.

Although, the topline is 1/4" thick, it takes a bit to get used to.

The sole footprint is narrow in width and I am very pleased to have this incorporated in design.

The offset of the head is 3/16" which I find comfortable at setup.

The Back of the head is done without the flashy gimmics of plastic pieces or bright eye-catching colors. Even the 09' Mizuno MX models just looks like knockoffs in my humble opinion.

Conservative design without the "look at me" is what I do like about this T3 model.

Sure, it is an oversize head. As in most things under the conditioning curve goes, it is something that is accepted & accustomed to the eye. In fact, this "oversize" head is the same build as the "Gold" model as I sit here, comparing the two.

The Feel of the Swingweight = B

The iron is on the Med-Heavy size of the scale. For me, I prefer to be able to feel the presence of the club during the backswing, esp. during pressure moments when the desire to overpower the natural swing comes into play.

The Impact - C

I have not found that trademark of that "soft buttery feel" that Mizuno that it is known for in this set. This has its own character of response when hit on the screws. This perhaps more than anything, will be the main reason that I will eventually let this set go.

The Distance - C-

I have read through all of the reviews here in regards of farther distances.

The bottom line is this...The T3 Ti set fell into the temptation of labelling a 44* a Pitching Wedge and a 40* a 9 Iron etc. So, there is no magic bullet and the reviews of distances os 1 to 1.5 club farther is exposed for what it is.

For this ploy, I give this model a low score in this department.

Consistancy & Forgiveness - A-

Perfect example. On this par 4 on the
tee box I teed up 2 balls side by side.

It was getting very dark, and at this point, I cannot see the ball in the air after 140yds out.

The first ball was hit towards the mid-lower-toe scoring lines, and I just gave that ball a "no confidence call" and didn't even bother to look at the flight.

The 2nd ball was struck on the center-mid-lower sweetspot and it felt good, and the flight was a nice mid-high trajectory that looked good till I couldn't see the ball.

I walked up to 2 balls that sat next to each other, same distance within 36" of each other. I was perplexed, and had that Johnny Dep lost look as I tried to figure out what just happened.

As I sit here, I am looking at the face of this 6i, and the difference between the 2 impact points on the face is 3/4" apart! Dude, that is forgiveness...I am impressed.

Around the Greens - C-

Chipping around the greens with the PW has a distict drawback. The face imparts an odd spin to the ball. The ball shows signs of hopping off line after the first bounce.

Overall view = Mizuno had put a lot of care into this model.

I would of prefered not to have the "fill small parts of the scoring lines of the face" to resemble the outline mass shape that is recognized as T-Zoid.

The topline could have been trimmed under 1/4" for a thinner appearence.

You do have to make contact with the ball at least the mid-lower section of the face to reap the distance. Sweepers may not reach the area of sweetspot by brushing the turf. Suited for the dollar bill divot makers. Teeing the ball up would be the key off the tee box.

Overall - Bogey Players Rejoice.

Callaway SR2R
Yonex Tour
TA845
TA Evo-31
Mizuno Gold

August 14, 2007

Reviewed by: blades4lefties ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno T3 Titanium Insert

Summary:
I've played with ALL types of irons: game improvement, super game improvement, blades, etc. I've never even considered writing a review because I really do shoot in the 90's! How am I going to help you? I do, however, read the reviews on this site (and truly have been helped by doing so). I buy and sell irons on ebay (mostly blades) and go through about a hundred sets a year. I do try to play at least a round with each set, or at least the range. I tried these and they are keepers. I shot 88 last week on a 6500 yard course. These clubs are oversize, but they are Mizunos! If you can find a set, by all means try them. They are 8 years old but there is NONE better. They are one club longer when hit in the screws, off center hits still track to the target. They are NOT miracle workers as some would suggest, but be assured this is one iron that will improve your game. All of them (3 iron; 4 iron included). Complete your backswing and you CAN hit these long irons! I was even lucky enough to find a GW & SW to match my set. I am THROUGH iron hunting; they helped me that much. I practice at the range with blades and then go play with the T3's. I think I'm ready for the Hooters Tour!!!! Got mine for $125; an ABSOLUTE steal. $1299 new back in 1999. Good Luck, MB

Titleist 822 OS

July 1, 2007

Reviewed by: Adam Harris ,  Shoots in the 90s

Mizuno T Zoid T3

Summary:
I just got these clubs and they are the best i have ever used....