Nickent Golf Genex 3DX Irons Review

More Products from Nickent Golf  >>

September 13, 2009

Reviewed by: Dave ,  Shoots in the 100s

3DX RC Iron set

Summary:
After 15 years of hacking and playing 3-5 rounds per summer with the same old set, I bought the 3DX RC iron set mid summer. I played my 2nd round with the irons today, and..... wow, I love em!

My game still has a lot of improving to do, but I dropped from a normal 110 to a 97 in my 2nd round with the irons. This, btw, was the first time I have ever golfed a sub-100 round, so it was a great day all around. The irons feel great and ARE very forgiving. The hybrids feel great from the fairway, and the 5 iron and weight of the heads make the swing much smoother. For the first time, I feel I can trust the clubs to do the work... Heck, I got my first birdie today!!!

The Nickent 3DX RC iron set is a great set for similar golfers who are working to get consistency into their game, and to get their score down.

December 25, 2007

Reviewed by: Chuck ,  Shoots in the 80s

3DX 3-PW

Summary:
Normally I play blades, because I don't like a lot of offset, but I wanted something more forgiving and opted on the Nickent 3-PW 3DX ions. The picture on this website for these irons is not the right one. These 3DX irons have red inserts over the cavity. The 3 and 4 are hybrids and then 5-PW. The 3 and 4 seem a bit redundant with 3 degrees of separation, so I don't really hit the 3 that much. The hybrids are decent as Nickent is known for them, but they are not the best out there. The irons are incredibly long! But the lofts are stronger so that has something to do with it. The PW is 44 degrees! So a gap wedge is useful. The soles are not really wide like Big Berthas, so I find it fairly easy to work the ball. Can pretty much draw and fade at will. Easy to hit high and low shots too. On the forgiveness side: toe hits yield pretty much the same distance while heel hits are not nearly as good with about 10% distance loss. Aesethically: well they're nice, but not pretty like my Hogans! Grips: Winn standard grips V type. I don't prefer these! They get a little slick. I really think this is a good set for a person who is either starting out or for even a 10 handicapper; the fact they come with two hybrids (dumping the 3-4 irons is smart). This wouldn't be a good set necessarily for a single digit guy. Right now I'm at a 12, so I will continue to play these until I can find something better.

Nickent is a good company, no problems

Other Nickent products

October 20, 2007

Reviewed by: jesse.day ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nickent 3DX 20* R flex

Summary:
I love the swing weight. I can really feel the clubhead position in the backswing and downswing. Easy to hit straight. A little longer than my 3 iron and more consistent. I'll still carry both as I'm committed to learning the long irons (besides I don't play in tournaments so the 14 club rule is really more like a suggestion...I don't improve lies or use the shoe wedge or anyother type of fudging) I've been hitting draw-biased fairway woods and now I can't hit anything but a draw...or a hook. So the neutral alignment and heavier swing weight really sold me. I traded a Cobra 7 wood for this hybrid so the price of zero happened to also suit me fine. I would give these a serious look. And if you are a consummate Ebayer I'd say buy this hybrid if you can already hit a straight ball.

IDK

First hybrid...
Callaway and Cobra fairway woods.

August 6, 2007

Reviewed by: TexasJess ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nickent Genex 4i hybrid, reg

Summary:
I opted to lose my 3 and 4 irons and replace them with hybrids. I went with the Genex 4i hybrid for now and these guys are right, this thing is straight as an arrow. Easy to hit and feels like butter. I purchased the club with a regular flex because I like to swing my fairway woods easier for fear of smashing into the ground behind the ball and I will probably stick with this flex till I get more comfortable as opposed to a stiff flex in my driver and irons. This is a wonderful replacement to those hard to hit long irons. Great looks and easy to align. Put the right swing on it and the ball will fly. Buy one if your still on the fence whether you should go hybrid or not.

Never used any other hybrids, I'm sticking with Nickent

August 3, 2007

Reviewed by: solly ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nickent 4dx Ironwood

Summary:
Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to try one of these newfangled hybrid/rescue clubs. Did a little bit of homework and quite alot of research/reading of all the different models and makes and originally decided on the 3dx ironwoods but, hearing that the 4dx had just been released, settled on those. Let me just say, I have never before put anything in my golf bag that has made as big difference. I purchased the 17* and 20* with the regular flex UST SR3 shafts and all I can say is they are fantastic. Incredibly easy to hit, very straight and long...Almost a fountain of youth. Now, I thought I hit my fairway woods and long irons o.k. but these just do it all that much easier. High, soft approach shots, low punch shots..If there is a problem with the 4dx it is too straight and a little hard to work the ball left or right but hey, long and straight suits me. Just do yourselves a favour and try these things, i'm sure you'll be impressed.

not used as yet