Nike Nike Forged Set Irons Review

Nike Nike Forged Set

Reason #1: It''''s forged vs. cast or faux-forged Reason #2: It''''s made from soft 1030 carbon steel with Nike proprietary groove design Reason #3: It''''s machined to precise tolerances

More Products from Nike  >>

February 5, 2012

Reviewed by: rolltide1 ,  Shoots in the 70s

nike forged blade

Summary:
These clubs have been around now for about ten years, and I have chosen them for good looks, address appearance, and distance control. I have played with several forged clubs in the past: Mizuno MP33, MP29, Hogan Apex, and Titleist 690CB. The Nike hang with or surpass all these. I personally played the best with the Titleist, but all these clubs are wonderful for players below 15 handicap. The Nike grabbed my eye and that is important. Love them in my hands, and excellent feel. Right there with the MP29's. If you feel you are accomplished enough to hit blades give them an honest try on the course. If you hit the ball closer to the hole, then these are for you. The Nike, like any blade, is not the most forgiving, but distance control and accuracy will show you the way and prove to be a worthy club choice. Extremely accurate fitted with the right shaft.

Have not had to use.

Mizuno mp29,33,Titleist 690cb,Hogan Apex, McGregor Jack Nicklaus Muirfields,and Cleveland 588p

April 16, 2010

Reviewed by: Djustbirds ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Forged Blade Irons

Summary:
I've always enjoyed reading the reviews on various clubs, but I've never been compelled to write a review until I picked up a set of Nike forged blades. I am a true golf club "Ho", I've tryed every brand out there. I buy a set, use them for a couple of months and then usually sell them again. (Still have six sets at my office, don't tell my wife:) Looking back it's probably hurt my games' consistency. But these Nike Blades make it all worth it and are by far the best club I've ever had! They force you to swing correctly and make it easy to tell when you don't. But once you get it, it's really is like slicing butter! At first you loose a club of distance, but as you groove your swing it mostly comes back. The accuracy is so good, I wouldn't care if I did loose some length. The bottom line is you don't have to be a scratch golfer to enjoy these clubs, in fact I think anyone trying to bring there game to the next level will benefit bigtime! Oh, and they look pretty sweet too!

haven't needed yet, knock on wood!

cleveland, mizuno, callaway, titleist, ping, nickent, tour edge, cobra just to name a few.

March 25, 2010

Reviewed by: fgrimley32 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
Just got these for a $100, no kidding, from a fella that had to sell (wife mandated). Ouch. His loss.
Anyway, they are a ball strikers dream. If I had half the short game as my ball striking w/these irons, Id be a LOW single digit handicapper.
If you swing even decently, 80s/90s player, you can hit these blades. They arent as hard as everyone says and the mis-hits arent that bad. Simply staying in your stance and balance, full shoulder turn on the backswing, swing smoothly within yourself, these irons will do the trick!
Also, I have LOST NO DISTANCE whatsoever, so disregard that bit of information. As a matter of fact, when I took them to the range, I fully expected to lose a full club of carry distance from all the reviews saying as such. Pure Baloney. As an example, my 8 iron average carry is 160 yards, with some of the high carries around 172. But yes AVE CARRY, not hit and roll, was around 160 yards. Granted, if you try to swing with your arms/shoulders instead of using hip turn/legs, then yes you might lose distance. But I would recommend getting a lesson to take advantage of these clubs.
Granted, Im still in the camp of "its the indian, not the arrow". However, these clubs really help you IF you have an already decent or better swing. Dont fear these clubs being a "player's club" or being blades, if you get the chance, I highly recommend at least trying them out.

N/A.

Callaway X-Forged. Nike Pro Combo. Mizuno MP-32/37. Cleveland CG1/CGTour. Taylormade RAC MB.

January 26, 2010

Reviewed by: jeffrey ,  Shoots in the 70s

nike forged blades

Summary:
This clubs r drop dead gorgeous. You think google imaging them they r nice, wait until u unwrap them and check them out. They shine like no other!

October 25, 2009

Reviewed by: Sean ,  Shoots in the 90s

nike tour iron blades

Summary:
i use these tour irons because they have excellent recovery and hit well. they are consistant and can achieve maximum distance. I would rate these 9/10!!!!