Nike Pro Combo Irons Review

Nike Pro Combo

The perfect set of irons Nike’s heritage of innovation breaks golf’s long-standing, traditional approach to irons Created using Nike Golf’s two-step precision forging process Full-Cavity Long Irons, 2-3-4

More Products from Nike  >>

In The Hole Golf

April 16, 2012

Reviewed by: Chris Davis ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike Pro Forged Combo

Summary:
I got some excellent used Nike Pro Forged Combo irons from globalgolf.com. I have played twice with them now, and they are by far the best irons I have ever used. I shot a 109 on the same course last week with my old irons. Yesterday I posted a 93. This is the best round I have ever played on any course. By the way, the course was a Robert Trent Jones tournament course for the LPGA. I dropped 16 strokes just because the irons are extremely consistent. Instead of laying up am now able to go for it. I picked up an extra 15 yards on my pitching wedge alone. If you have an opportunity to use these I seriously ask you to do so.

globalgolf.com had these irons to me in less than a week!

September 19, 2011

Reviewed by: Casualgolfer ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike Pro VR Combo irons

Summary:
I shoot with my old graphite Taylor Made cavity irons anything between 85 and 95. I purchased new in Sept 2011 a custom set of these forged beauties. The head is small and the 8 to PW blade are easy to hit, yes easy. The 6 iron is effortless. I hit all of them well. They surprisingly go further than my old clubs, distance is no problem. They are one club longer than my old set. The feel of the clubs on approach is excellent. On the downside but it can be overcome is that the PW inside of 50yd acts as a bump'n'run club. Also on short chips the ball does come hot off the face. I purchased a Callaway gap wedge provide other options to the bump and run offering of the PW at less than 50 yds. The PW will go with an easy swing easy to 135yds. It flies high and accurate. The 8 iron will handle 150 yds no problem. The ball flies high and long. These are a great set of irons

May 4, 2011

Reviewed by: Kaos ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike Pro Combo

Summary:
These clubs are just a little to tight for the low to average golfer. When you strike the ball perfectly, they respond with a beautiful shot. Mis-hit even a little and your shot can go badly awry. If you're like me and have a slightly inconsistent swing, the Nike Pro Combo irons don't forgive enough. If you are an average golfer and are looking for a set of clubs to improve your score, this is not the set. You might eventually improve because you are forced to practice near perfect swings, but they definitely won't give you an immediate boost. Distance is also an issue. I'm using a 5 iron where I normally used a 7 and still coming up short.

April 18, 2011

Reviewed by: jaguargolf ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Pro Combo Irons

Summary:
I bought these clubs from ebay (2nd hand). It took awhile to get used but I must admit I can hit the iron shots a lot more purer than before. The greatest advantage these clubs have is that it gives you good feedback on whether you hit them well or not and helps to improve your swing to make sure you dont mis-hit them. Thats what its all about, playing and improving yourself as you progress in this game. Simply amazing.

May 10, 2010

Reviewed by: jdew83 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Pro combo

Summary:
I love these irons. I hit them very long and fairly accurate, only an 80s golfer,(partly because I started swinging harder right after I purchased them, but also have a bit of a draw too).
I hit my PW right at 150yd but I can't chip around the green like I used to. The flighted shafts are awesome but the PW inside of 50yd acts as a bump'n'run club which is okay as long as you don't have to climb over anything.
But other than that I love the clubs, love the look, distance and feel. And paid $150 for 3-PW on ebay brand new last year. Hope to have them for many years to come.