Nike Slingshot Irons Review

Nike Slingshot

Nike Slingshot Individual Iron with Graphite Shaft The Nike Slingshot Individual Iron with Graphite Shaft delivers forgiveness. Forgiveness begins in irone with weight management. Moving weight deeper and lower results in a larger sweet spot and a deeper center of gravity that actually exists in air behind the face. The benefit is a mixed set of hybrids and irons that are more forgiving and launch the ball higher. There are 30 grams of Nike PowerBow weighted low and back with a deeper sole that

More Products from Nike  >>

January 7, 2016

Reviewed by: Matt ,  Shoots in the 90s

Nike Slingshot 5.0

Summary:
Having not played golf for 10+ years I went for a round with the guys from work, average round full of duffed iron shots, I caught the bug again and purchased the Slingshots. My 2nd round in ten years I played 9 holes shooting a 43 out of 35. These clubs hit so nicely, not 1 duffed iron shot - one with a slight draw to it but I was so impressed with what I got with these clubs I had to get on here. The irons were consistent, my shots were going where I wanted, I could still get some spin - not much though. I have lost some distance but they hit beautifully. My old 8 iron would go 140 yards, I hit this one roughly 120-130 - could be from my leave from the game.

Purchased from Golf Warehouse NZ, speedy service, however 7 iron had been used prior to my purchase and the picture was not a true representation of what was in the package. 2 hybrids in the photo, 1 on delivery. Bit disappointed that the iron had been used though as the clubs had to be returned in the wrappers if I was wanting to return them - that won't be happening though but I wouldn't mind the other hybrid.

Callaway Warbirds

April 22, 2013

Reviewed by: Paul Hofman ,  Shoots in the 100s

Nike Slingshot

Summary:
2nd year with these clubs my set is a +1 and from my beginner Wilsons to these my game has improved enough and consistantly that I look forward to what the next round is going to give if im fluid my game is going to be more fun because of the confidence I have with my slingshots.

March 4, 2012

Reviewed by: Justin ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Slingshots

Summary:
I recently bought these irons and have played 5 rounds with them and went to the driving range multiple times. I'm an intermediate golfer who worries more of straight than working the ball left or right. My last set was a cheap Big 5 set and I like these clubs overall so far. They hit straight and high but I did find I lost about 10-12 yards off each club which is kind of hard to adjust to at first. For a golfer trying to improve their iron play these clubs are a good buy for the price.

July 25, 2011

Reviewed by: m2baseman ,  Shoots in the 80s

Nike Slingshot Irons

Summary:
I am a 12 handicapper. I had a beginner set of irons from walmart that weren't terrible but i had had them for about five or six years. Went playing with my brother in law who owns the slingshot irons and I lost my 8 iron so he let me borrow his and from the first shot I hit the green about two foot from the pin from 160 yards away. Needless to say I was hooked he let me play with his irons the rest of the day and I was hitting everything exactly where I wanted it. So I went out and bought my own set. First round I shot with them I hit a 78 on 6 over par. I wasn't terrible before I got them but they did add confidence and 3 hybrid is really easy to hit. I would recommend these to anyone who knows how to play. The look takes some getting used to but they worked great for me.

None

July 16, 2011

Reviewed by: Tar Baby ,  Shoots in the 70s

Slingshot OSS

Summary:
I live in Ohio and have my standard set of clubs with me but find myself playing most of my golf when I travel home to the South Carolina coast. It became a pain in the ass to lug my clubs back and forth so one day I tried my mom's slingshots... I must say I love these clubs. She had the OSS's and these things are incredibly easy to hit and if you are a capable golfer there should be no embarrassment to having these in your bag. I will give a bullet point evaluation of a number of my thoughts on these clubs.

1. You will lose distance with these. If I was honest with myself it would be 8-9 yards, but I'll say 5 yards per club. It's perplexing to me because it seems that these clubs as ones typically made for the high handicap would have super strong lofts, but I can't get my 9 iron past 140 yards when it's usually a 145 club (for reference). I just adjust and hit the extra club... Two rules for golfers... Hit the right club - not the one you want to tell people you want to hit... And hit it the distance to pin high.

2. I traditionally hit a draw, and will get on occasion a wicked hook with the longer irons. I blame the offset on this, but for the most part find they go straight with a slight draw. I cannot hit a cut with them due to the offset, but if I use a cut swing the ball will go straight. It's almost as if I use the cut swing to aim straight at a right side hole position.

3. I stop at the 8 iron... In the set I got I got all the way up to a gap wedge (A wedge I think)... but you would be best to start purchasing individual wedges of a different kind at the Pitching Wedge... I actually got a 45 degree Cleveland and bent it a degree stronger and carry that a my 9 iron.

4. They hit like hybrids, so swing like you are hitting a hybrid... and by that just take the damn club back and through and stay out of the way.

I guess that's all I've got to say on these... I like them... Up in Cleveland I have a set of Eye 2's and MP 60's but would honestly prefer to have the sling shots here with me. I can be lazy and for someone with talent and prefers to play golf barefoot, these are wonders.