Orlimar Tri Metal Plus Irons Review

More Products from Orlimar  >>

September 1, 2010

Reviewed by: yoyoma ,  Shoots in the 80s

Orlimar Tri Metal Plus

Summary:
I've played a lot of irons over the years. I bought these new on Ebay under $100 figuring it's no big deal if I don't like. I went out and broke 80 for the first time all year. Very solid irons for mid/high handicapper. Even low h/c may like. Feels real solid. Only negative is they are hard to work but I'm not that advanced anyway.

July 25, 2010

Reviewed by: Greg ,  Shoots in the 80s

Orlimar Trimetal aMaraging Irons

Summary:
Hi,
I played as a youngster with very little instruction, playing for fun and giving up golf at about 16. I'm 38 now and have (for the last 8 months) rediscovered the game. I'm pretty tight - spending more money on my surfboards. So when I bought clubs I paid for some beginners Oversize Maxfli's. I joined a club had one lesson and over 6 mths dropped from 31 to 20. I've shot three comp rounds in the eighties - but this new slope system is tough (New U.S system intro'ed in April / May 2010 in Australia). Time for new clubs. I bid on some Callaways etc but then as luck would have it I found a set of Tri-Metal Irons for ultra cheap - they are so sweet. I've added 10 metres to my ranges. My Dad watched me at a local range (he had'nt seen me since I was 14!) and can vouch for some 200m 4 Irons - just with timing. They are lovely.For someone getting more serious forget current year releases - Orlimar were the bees knees with a 15% market share until 2004 ish. Right when these clubs were constructed in California.
$%^&() my P wedge sails 120m. Great. At address they look like blades - hit so nice- highly recommend finding these for nothing on ebay and improving - heading for H'cap 11 within next 2 years and these Orlimars will get me there. Also I charged a 280m drive with a new FT-3 Fusion Callaway Big Bertha, Dad only said "nice shot". %^&*()_
Anyway buy these Irons they are quality from a time when Orlimar ruled the Mavericks of the tour. Several pros played Orlimar with Comp sponsorship at this time.

April 7, 2008

Reviewed by: deo11 ,  Shoots in the 90s

orlimar tri-metal plus hybrid

Summary:
Great hitting clubs! I bought this set on ebay for $75 shipped last year. My game has improved and the pw gave me my first hole in one. Long, straight and keeps you well out of trouble on those duffs, etc. This set will hang with any cavity back club out there. The 3 hybrid that comes with the set is one of the best you will hit. This set plays every bit as good as the x14's or nike clubs, etc. If you can still find them dont think twice.

Never used

Nike slingshot
calloway x14
RAC os2

April 30, 2007

Reviewed by: Jamie ,  Shoots in the 90s

Orlimar Trimetal plus hybrid

Summary:
I've played a couple rounds with these clubs now. Overall, they are a real solid club. I would say they are very comparable to the big bertha 2006. Mine don't are the 2006 version, and don't look like the picture above. The hybrid is by far the best part of the set. It comes with a real nice head cover. The gap and sand wedge are nice clubs that add to the value.
The grips are a little rough on the hands, but they aren't too bad. I will probably deal with them and wait a year or two before I change them out.
All in all, if you want a real nice looking set of clubs that are very consistent and don't want to spend over $200, get these.

Called King Par in Michigan, they bought Orlimar back in 2004. You can get this set directly from them for $189. I got them on Ebay for $171 (including shipping). I would say that King Par is a top notch company. You won't have any probalems with them.

Big Bertha's
x-18's
r7

August 15, 2006

Reviewed by: bblaize ,  Shoots in the 80s

Orlimar Tri Metal 3-PW,SW,GWIrons/ Hybrid 3

Summary:
Bought this set from Dicks Sporting Goods and have played them 3 times thus far. Value was excellent ($149), with Tru Temper Dyna Gold Lite shafts. Although these a different design(wide soles) than what I had and took a little bit to get my swing adjusted, they seem to be pretty long and are a forgiving club. Mis hits seem to still fly straight, and when you hit them well they really get the ball in the air. I am a lefty so there aren't alot of choices in this price range, other golf shops in the area had no irons less than $300 a set, so that influenced my purchase some. Couldn't be more pleased.