Ping Eye 2 Irons Review

Ping Eye 2

Wildly Popular since their mid 80's inception, the Ping Eye2 Irons are the original, and still one of the best cast, perimeter weighted cavity back irons on the market.

More Products from Ping  >>

October 9, 2014

Reviewed by: Richard Weed ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Eye 2

Summary:
Bought my set in 1983 and used them ever since. In the last couple of weeks the 9 iron and the 7 iron lost their heads. Yep! Snapped right above the hosel. I asked Ping for a free repair and they refused on the basis that the clubs are too old. Nice corporate relations strategy Pung.

Ping politely turned me down with no discussion.

Will be switching brands for sure to Callaway and replacing my old Ping G2 driver with a Callaway X2 Hot. I've heard great things about their irons and drivers.

May 12, 2014

Reviewed by: John ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Eye 2

Summary:
So consistent... It probably helps that I've been playing these irons since the late 80's. I don't seem to hit them too short. 8 iron is good for 140 yards or so. Can hit the 2 iron consistently, especially off the tee. Great alternative for tight tee shots. I used to shoot in the 70's, but don't play regularly over the last several years. Only once last year, but hitting these irons is like riding a bike. Don't swing too hard, feel the club head, stay over the ball, and the results are good! Super accurate.. I tend to fade my woods, but not my irons. Can play 'em high and soft or drive it in shallow. I don't recall what I paid for them... They weren't cheap back in the day... But I've had them so long, the value is proven to be excellent. They're a bit odd looking I guess, but I hit them so well, I've grown to love the way they look. So confidence inspiring...

February 2, 2014

Reviewed by: rob11751 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Eye 2

Summary:
i still have the set of ping eye 2s i got back in the 80s, i cant stand them they hit short and too high in flight

December 9, 2013

Reviewed by: rob ,  Shoots in the 80s

Eye 2

Summary:
i got a invitation from a good friend to play at his country club which i gladly excepted. while waiting for our group to start, one of the members saw my old set of ping eye 2s which i owned since 84, he kindly asked if i would mind playing with a loner set which i gladly said yes. seems like they dont like the old ping eye 2 on their course, haha i didnt mind, the new set of taylor made clubs were a pleasure to hit, and alot farther as well

July 30, 2013

Reviewed by: whynotme ,  Shoots in the 80s

Eye 2

Summary:
Why i ever stopped playing these, I do not know. After several years of trying every other iron you can think of, i found a set of Eye 2's again and will not change. It is no wonder that every cavity back made since 1990 has copied these irons. they are easy to align, easy to hit, workable, and have a mid-size head. Other than sometimes wanting a little less offset, these irons are all that everyone else says they are and more. Perfect for any player - of any handicap. Find a set, buy them, play them, keep them.

you name it - blades, game improvement, clones, etc.