Ping G2 Irons Review

More Products from Ping  >>

November 8, 2013

Reviewed by: famousdavis66 ,  Scratch Golfer

Ping G2 Irons

Summary:
Hello. The previous poster and I share one thing in common--we both experienced positive results after utilizing the Ping G2 irons on the course.

I doubt we share much else in common, seeing that I'm one of the premier players in the district. I've won my share of amateur events, scrambles, best balls and battle scrums. Not to mention the fact that I'm one of the purest ball strikers who ever set foot on bent grass.

So now that it's understood that I'm a scratch, player and overall great guy, I must say that I found these Ping G2 irons to have a pleasing feel. Crisp and Clean is how I'd describe them. They certainly possess that "Ping" feel that only can be described as ultra-sublime to the maxx.

The topline is a tad heavy, especially if you are one of those 12 index choppers who pretends to be a player and puts blades in the bag.

AS far as us sane people go, I'd recommend theses G2 sticks to the club champ as well as the club chump.

Ping

Nothing similar.

October 18, 2013

Reviewed by: J2loos ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping G2

Summary:
Dropped 6 strokes per round over first 3 rounds played. Play blue dot which in and of itself may be main reason i hit these so much easier. Straight and high flight but not too high.

No experience

Maxfli Revolution OS; Maxfli VHL MID; taylormade burner XD

June 7, 2013

Reviewed by: Dan Oliver ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G2 Irons

Summary:
I found set of used G2 irons and they were black dots. I was not hitting them crisply so I took them to Golfsmith and they fitted me for a green dot. They sent the clubs to Ping and they adjusted them to the green dot. I have dropped six strokes of my handicap at age 64. Love them Pings.

Great

May 20, 2013

Reviewed by: Troy Gregory ,  Scratch Golfer

Ping G2

Summary:
I've played G2s exclusively since 2004. My cousin plays G10s, my son plays G15s and my friends play Ping "blades." G2s dominate. I shoot low 70s several times a week, 60-something once or twice a month. Ping, ping, ping. I hit these irons mercilessly on the range--two, three buckets 4-6 times a week--and they still play like new. I've replaced some of the sticks, true enough, but Ping has always obliged (from factory with original specs and serial number) and has even sent me demos to save wear and tear on my gamers. If toe weighted clubs encourage too much of a draw bias for you, hit you a set of G2s. Elbow close to the body: draw, every time. Floating elbow, power straight. Exaggerated forward press, fade. So easy to hit. So Consistent. So buttery smooth. Ping, ping, ping. Get you a set.

Sterling. Will chat with me until I'm done talking. Will address my issues. Will respond with producing what I want. Golden.

I've demoed everything. Nothing will make me convert.

January 30, 2013

Reviewed by: SLC Packer Fan ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G2 irons

Summary:
Custom ordered these the first year they were offered (2004). The G2s have treated me well and helped lower my index to a 12. The HL 5 is amazing, with perfect trajectory and consistent 190+ distance. Mid and scoring irons are easy to hit and straight. Every time I think about updating my irons, I take a couple lessons instead. Reminds me that there's still plenty of game in my 9 year-old Pings.

Great! Weights fell out of the back of several irons a couple years ago and Ping replaced promptly and free.

Mizuno MX 300s. Nice sticks, but went back to my G2s.