Ping G2 Irons Review

More Products from Ping  >>

June 20, 2016

Reviewed by: Chris N. ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G2

Summary:
Used to play the G2s with the HL 4 & 5 irons. They were great clubs, esp. for the beginner.

I've since moved on (learned to hit long irons & need a bit less game improvement in my irons), but I give them an A+ for quality & preformance. I have days (when I'm not as precise) when I miss the game improvement they provided.

Ping has great customer service.

Too many to list....I'm kind of a club junkie.

September 1, 2015

Reviewed by: nhpro ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G2

Summary:
I have been using the G2 irons for a year or so and have found them to be "excellent" irons to hit.
The best set I've owned.
(I'm just your average humble golfer and guy)

Wilson,Callaway,Dynacraft,Golfsmith

November 8, 2013

Reviewed by: famousdavis66 ,  Scratch Golfer

Ping G2 Irons

Summary:
Hello. The previous poster and I share one thing in common--we both experienced positive results after utilizing the Ping G2 irons on the course.

I doubt we share much else in common, seeing that I'm one of the premier players in the district. I've won my share of amateur events, scrambles, best balls and battle scrums. Not to mention the fact that I'm one of the purest ball strikers who ever set foot on bent grass.

So now that it's understood that I'm a scratch, player and overall great guy, I must say that I found these Ping G2 irons to have a pleasing feel. Crisp and Clean is how I'd describe them. They certainly possess that "Ping" feel that only can be described as ultra-sublime to the maxx.

The topline is a tad heavy, especially if you are one of those 12 index choppers who pretends to be a player and puts blades in the bag.

AS far as us sane people go, I'd recommend theses G2 sticks to the club champ as well as the club chump.

Ping

Nothing similar.

October 18, 2013

Reviewed by: J2loos ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping G2

Summary:
Dropped 6 strokes per round over first 3 rounds played. Play blue dot which in and of itself may be main reason i hit these so much easier. Straight and high flight but not too high.

No experience

Maxfli Revolution OS; Maxfli VHL MID; taylormade burner XD

June 7, 2013

Reviewed by: Dan Oliver ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G2 Irons

Summary:
I found set of used G2 irons and they were black dots. I was not hitting them crisply so I took them to Golfsmith and they fitted me for a green dot. They sent the clubs to Ping and they adjusted them to the green dot. I have dropped six strokes of my handicap at age 64. Love them Pings.

Great