Ping G20 Irons Review

More Products from Ping  >>

October 1, 2012

Reviewed by: murraywest ,  Shoots in the 80s

PING G20's

Summary:
I’m an 11 handicap, and play twice a week. In April I bought a set of Ping i20's. I was so excited to have the clubs I pined for. The first thing I noticed is that I started hitting a trap draw, with side spin. I hit some of the best shots of my life. More, and more I noticed that I was leaving the ball right side, and when I started to aim mid green, the trap draw would occur more often than not. Here I was… trapped as a 11 handicap without knowing what was going to happen on any given shot. One day I played with a 4 handicap who had a set of G20's. He was obviously better than me, and I asked him why he played the G20's over the i20's. He said the G20's are more consistent and that he likes a vertical spin ball rather than a side spin ball. Well, he planted an evil seed in my mind, and every shot I mist hit, I could see where he was coming from. So, I saved my cash, and hid it from my wife, and bought a set of G20's for myself. So… the advice you about to hear is from a avid golfer who has BOTH sets of clubs.

The G20's are tons easier to hit. The ball flights 20% higher. The longer irons are sooo much better that it’s weird. To be honest, the 9, W, U of the i20's are better, but they are not much better than the G20's. The 4,5,6,7,8 of the G20's are light years better than the i20's. I have the luxury of having the clubs of choice in my bag, but if I had to have only one set, I’d go with the G20's – by far. The vertical spin of the G20's makes the ball spin backwards, and the balls stop better on the green. In summation – Now I aim at the pin, and the ball mostly flies at the pin. I had 3 birdies the first round I played with them, all because I was nearer the pin.

March 27, 2012

Reviewed by: John ,  Shoots in the 80s

G 20 Irons

Summary:
I'm a 8 handicap and hit all my clubs pretty good, been playing Taylormade for years. Went to Golfsmith 3 weeks ago in Ft.Lauderdale, FL just to look around and picked up the G20 irons, they looked good and felt nice, hit a few into the net with a 7 iron and it was sweet. I always bought clubs right off the rack, but the saleman said I should get fitted and it would be no charge it I ended up buying the clubs. After spending a hour in a half getting fitted, it turned out I was a black dot anyways, but was very happy how I hit these clubs. I bought the G20 irons 4-PW,UW, the Ping G20 Driver, the Ping Rapture V2 3 and 5 wood and a Ping Ansner X 1959 putter, my whole set is now Ping except for 2 Titleist Volkey wedges I still carry. I shoot in the low 80's and sometimes break into the 70's. I love these Ping's on the course and hope to shoot more into the 70's with them. The Anser X 1959 putter is the best putter I've ever own, the irons are forgiving,long and feel great, the Driver is awesome and the fairway woods are long and straight also. Very plesed with Ping in my golf bag, probably the last set I will ever buy, sure my wife will like that, lol

Golfsmith treated me well

Taylormade, Titleist

January 3, 2012

Reviewed by: famousdavis ,  Scratch Golfer

G20 Iron

Summary:
I won the club championship this year using the Ping G20 irons. I've now got the hottest babe at the club and I've achieved the triple crown: Club champ, best trophy wife and best car. Did I mention I'm a scratch golfer? Wake up folks. Just because you're a low cap doesn't mean you need to play forged blades. I hit these irons dead straight while you hit your blades just plain dead. Time to graduate from grammar school and quit trying to be macho man. The Village People were over years ago.

Did I mention I hit these pure? Throwin' darts all day Sparky. Later

Why would I call customer service? To complain I've only won 6 club championships in a row?

Nothing is similar, only different is a quasi-extra terristrial way.