Ping G5 Irons Review

Ping G5

Designed in multiple sections for maximum performance, the radius of the lead edge helps improve ground impact for better ball impact. Enhanced perimeter weighting maked the G5 iron very forgiving. By increasing the moment of inertia, off center shots are straighter and distance loss is decreased.

More Products from Ping  >>

July 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Dennis R. Peterson ,  Shoots in the 70s

g5

Summary:
I,ve played Ping clubs for over 40 years. G5 are great clubs to hit, but the workmanship is not what I expect from Ping. I had 5 of the back balance weight come off. finally had the whole set done. My G5's spend more time in pings repair shop than they did in my bag.There service was soso, but had a none caring attitude. After 40 years I have Taylormades in my Bag.

So so, none caring

Ping eyes, eye11, zings, zing11, ISI, G2

March 24, 2012

Reviewed by: shagmut ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping5g

Summary:
, picked up a set of g5's a coupled of weeks ago at golf galaxy they were white dots,had them adjusted for my swing which came out to be blue dot.these clubs are just awesome,nice balance feel to them,between taking lessons and having these clubs i hope to really improve my iron game.

cleveland ta5 titleist dci981

April 28, 2011

Reviewed by: Roel Castor ,  Shoots in the 80s

G5

Summary:
It is a great club, very forgiving and I would not trade it for anything now.... Price was very forgiving also.... I bought it new 2010 and was on sale due to other new models are already available like the g10 and g15....

i have more control with my shots now than ever

The free fitting was great! We used a launch monitor and the clubs now suited my swing for now... But the free retro fitting is even appealing when my swing is more stable I will definitely avail the retro fitting to check if my clubs are still in sync...

CG gold was good but no fitting for the clubs and I have to use the standard lie....

August 16, 2010

Reviewed by: Victor ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping G5 irons

Summary:
This year, I found a set of used G5s (4-PW,) and figured I'd revisit Ping irons; I'm glad I did. From almost the first swing, I felt at home with these clubs. They are very forgiving and easy to hit consistently. I normally don't carry a 4-iron, but with this set I do. Some won't like the high trajectory of these irons. When it comes to the average golfer, I find it to be more advantageous than detrimental - especially with the 4 & 5 irons.

I've seen others say these irons make it very difficult to work the ball. With this contention, I totally disagree. I'm not very skilled, and I can work the ball in either direction. No sweeping hooks or slices, but I view that limitation as a benefit, not a negative. When I overdo a cut or draw (which is more often than not,) the damage is limited.

In general, I think these clubs are spectacular. Especially now that they've been around a while and can be had for little cash. I also love the simple and plain styling. The G5s are work horse irons, not primadonnas.

I've dealth with Ping CS in the past and they were always very friendly and responsive to my needs.

Ping i3; Callaway Big Bertha 2004.

August 3, 2010

Reviewed by: benzz32 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping G5 Irons

Summary:
I have had my G5 Irons for 3 years now, and have, since day 1 felt like there couldnt be better feeling club out there. Im sure there are clubs out there that might technically out perform them, but for an 11 handicapper, they have given me the confidence that I need to step up and believe that I can put my ball just about anywhere I want to (with about 5 yards). Very consistant feel, Very forgiving, very strong, and well balanced club. When I wear these into the ground, I will come right back to Ping. (Ive played with Talyormades, Callaways, Cobras, Nike, & Adams...none felt as clean and true than my Ping G5s)

Have never needed them... to me thats the best customer service you can find!

Taylormade, Callaway, Cobra, Nike, & Adams