Ping i3 O-size Irons Review

Ping i3 O-size

Price for steel shaft

More Products from Ping  >>

Review Abstract
Consumers say the i3 O-Size irons from Ping are “wonderful” clubs. Hailed for their forgiveness, solid feel, high trajectory and great spin, they are “easy-to-hit” and “accurate.” The i3’s boast an “aggressive look,” and players have seen an immediate difference in their accuracy. One of the only drawbacks of these irons: they are expensive. However, reviewers say the "playability of the i3’s make them well worth the cost."

June 17, 2012

Reviewed by: shagnut ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping i3 o-size

Summary:
bought a set of the i3's a few weeks ago,blue dot,so far they feel very comforable when i'am swinging them,even when useing the longer irons(3-4)distance with these irons for me has increase about 10 yards per club.really like the jz shafts in regular flex steel also.if you get a chance try these irons out you may be surprised how much you like them,but make sure you have the proper fit for you.

June 3, 2012

Reviewed by: Dimplings ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping I-3 OS

Summary:
No need for yet another post about playability. Let's talk about durability. These, and a handful of other irons from Ping and Callaway, are among the most durable ever made. Newer clubs, even from Ping, are not even in the same category. Case in point, look at two year old Titleist AP1s or AP2s, TaylorMades, Clevelands. Wear is already evident.

Ping used to be an engineering company. Now, like everyone else, it is primarily a marketing company.

Ping's legendary relationship with its customers is a direct result of how well its early clubs were engineered and how well they kept their looks. That may change in the future.

The I-3s I have are the best irons out of 20 or 30 sets I've owned over the years.

They are probably the last of a dying breed of well engineered, well constructed irons.

May 28, 2012

Reviewed by: bkbroilr ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping i-3 O Size irons

Summary:
For the midhandicapper, these are very good irons that many before me have stated, i use the 3-6 irons with TA Evo 31s 7-PW , the Ping longer irons give me that forgiveness and consistency from 220 yds. and the Evos give me that dead accuracy and flight from 160 yds. in , a nice balance. I do intend to take these to a Ping dealer to get the clubheads adjusted, i have the black dots in this model but i find with the 6-PW that i overdraw too much therefore im probably suited for the face to be a bit flatter, probably a red dot code , i do however like the bit of draw i get from the 3 to 5 irons especially in windy conditions so when all is said and done my set will be a mixture of black and red dot lies. Overall, well balanced clubs , they do a little bit of everything , i think next i will venture in the i-3 Blades just being the club junkie i am !

July 31, 2010

Reviewed by: HCC ,  Shoots in the 100s

Ping i/3 O-Size

Summary:
I've been playing off and on for over a year now and these were the set my Dad gave me to start out (steel shaft). I've been very happy with them. Whenever I go home, I borrow my Dad's spare Ping G10 set, but I notice I tend to hit the i/3's a little further and just as straight. Without swinging very hard (I have no business putting any real power yet into my golf shots), I can carry my 7 iron about 135 yards. The same shot with the G10 are definitely under 130 to carry. (To put in perspective, I'm about average height and when I've put more around a 90-95% swing and happen to make good contact with the ball, my 7 iron will carry 150)

May 9, 2010

Reviewed by: ohioglfr ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping i3 Osize

Summary:
I bought these clubs from a friend before I retired. He was tall like me so the clubs were green dot lie and the shafts 1" over. I trimmed 1/2" off the shafts and re-gripped with Lamkin Crossline Jumbos. The shafts were Rifle 6.0. What was nice about this set was the iron mix; the long irons (3-7) were i3 O-Size and the remaining irons (8-LW) were i3 Blades. The O-Size were the easiest-hitting irons I think I've ever played. I was always surprised how these clubs salvaged many bad hits, saving many strokes off my game. Yet, for their size and forgiveness, it's no mean trick to shape your shots. My i3's were donated to a tall kid on the local HS golf team. They're great irons for the beginner and good enough to satisfy some low handicappers. If you are starting out in golf, forget the department store beginner set and get these on Ebay or CraigsList. Get familiar with Ping's color code and fitment chart first, so you end up with clubs suitable to your anatomy and swing angle. You will grow your game with these.

None sought.