Ping Karsten I Irons Review

Ping Karsten I

Ping's Karsten I irons are a remake of Ping's original irons. They have a barrel hosel construction and deep single cavity located closer to the heel side of the back of the club.

More Products from Ping  >>

May 21, 2010

Reviewed by: dallison ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Karsten I

Summary:
The Ping Karsten I irons were my first set of irons. A friend gave them to me and got me hooked on the game. Overall, I think these are excellent clubs, but be aware that the shafts are very stiff and the clubs is heavy by today's standards. These factors will lessen distance. To give an example, I just bought a new set of Ping G15s. On the Karstens I can hit the 7 iron 130 to 140, on the G15s I can hit the 7 iron 160 to 170 with a much better ball flight.

Also mis-hits on these clubs are very unforgiving, you will lose yardage.

With all that said though, I'm extremely happy that I started out with these clubs! They helped me groove a good swing and got me ready for my next set of clubs.

If you are looking to buy an entry level set off of ebay or somewhere else, these are good to start with. Pay $50 to $90 for the clubs, re-grip them for the $50 - $80 and you'll be good for a couple of years.

Haven't had to use them

June 1, 2009

Reviewed by: Jman007 ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping karsten i

Summary:
im a beginner and yhese are my first set of irons and i can put the ball 150 yards with the 8 iron, these are a really great set of clubs would recommend them to anyone!!

October 7, 2005

Reviewed by: n33mah ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Karsten I

Summary:
Ok I bought these off ebay for about 90 bucks. I previously had Ram Memorials which was my first set of irons. So this is my second set and I have gotten alot better.

These clubs are good in my opinion. When you hit them good, you cant even feel the ball, and I am able to do this 3 out of 4 times. I can hit these a lot farther and higher then my previous clubs.

Another thing I;d like to point out is that the long irons are easy to hit. For some reason, I can hit the 4 iron over 170 yards which is really good for me, and I can get good carry on it. I hit my 7 iron like 130.

they have improved my game and now with my new nike driver i have been hitting alot more GIRs. If your a beginner these clubs will do the trick becuase they are good because when you hit it solid it goes far.

really i dont know why i wrote this, cause i am not very experienced in writing reviews and im not very experienced with cubs but i like these. better then i expected