Ping S57 Irons Review

Ping S57

The S57 Iron provides golfers who prefer a tour-inspired design the ideal blend of feel, forgiveness and distance control. The small, stainless steel head is engineered as a players iron with an increased moment-of-inertia. A dense tungsten toe weight, longer hosel and a small cavity combine to raise the MOI for the additional forgiveness.

More Products from Ping  >>

February 17, 2014

Reviewed by: Rikoshay ,  Shoots in the 70s

Ping S57 irons

Summary:
Over the years I have played with almost all the major brands of clubs and if not played with on the course at least hit a couple of hundred balls with them on the range. A couple of years ago I bought a brand new set of Taylormade R-9's. Biggest mistake of my golfing career. No feel, reduced workability and shorter distance. Even changed shafts from KBS to my favorite Project X rifle. So after getting rid of them I tried the Taylormade RAC irons. They weren't bad but still not what I was looking for. Then I decided to try Ping once again. Long years ago I tried Ping but could not use them because of the offset, my hand speed was just to fast to keep them from hooking with a giant sweeping hook or heavy draw if you like. Now I have found just what the doctor ordered, the Ping S57 which has the small head like the blades that I have been playing all these years. Not quite a standard conventional club head, but so much less offset that I can control them and work the ball right and left. The feel is just out of this world, the kind of feel that tells you just how you hit the ball without looking up, you just know
where it went. I just finished putting in the rifle shafts and midsize grips and now I truly believe that with these irons I will get back down to scratch and better. Ping has all the features of a company and as players you can use the tools that they provide to fit your self to clubs that truly are custom fit. More companies need to copy Ping and help there customers get the right clubs instead of just doing all the BS to sell you another set of BS. Thanks Ping I am a forever loyal customer.

Titleist, Taylormade, Yonex, Hogan and Wilson staff and Mizuno's.

December 5, 2013

Reviewed by: Leftism ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping S57

Summary:
Gotti 40 you make me laugh , you should be on tour with your Ping Eye 2s :-) . Due to a mix up with an ebay seller , a set of S57s were delivered to my house , after inspecting these irons i noticed the mini milling marks between the grooves, i thought to myself that these clubs must get a lot of action on the ball !! Regretibly sent them back, and set about tracking another set down (second hand) first time out with them , had me scratching my head , only the 9 iron seemed to be the only one i hit properly , pretty much the scenario on my second visit to my course ..I started to think to myself that they have to go, but i gave them a third whirl and things started to changed, actually i realised that it was me , that was just a bit rusty , having just spent two weeks in Egypt...so with the 8 iron about 120 yards to the green i hit 4 balls , 3 of which were into the heart of the green , on inspection of the pitch marks, i noticed that all three balls spun back approx 6ft from the pitch mark :-) less than half that distance would be the norm !! To get the best out these irons , takes total commitment and belief, get it wrong and they bite back !! I am so glad i have purchased them now , and cant wait for this Scottish winter to end !! Callander GC

October 2, 2012

Reviewed by: Bazza ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping S57

Summary:
This is more of a review of Gotti40's review ... a work of genius, thank you for making my evening. Brilliantly funny a la Ricky Gervais. Well done! Oh, and Ping golf clubs rule btw. :)

September 22, 2012

Reviewed by: Bryce Mawhinney ,  Scratch Golfer

S57

Summary:
Re Gotti 40 review.
You must get tired of talking about yourself to strangers. as they are the only ones who would talk to you. I presume friends are something of a rarity like your lost balls during the year.
If you are soon damn good why doesn't a professional tour card belong in your possession ?

To all the other genuine golfers who have done the review I thank you for your honest, well intentioned feed back and I have now purchased a set of s57 irons.
Good golfing

June 7, 2012

Reviewed by: Scott ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping S57 Irons

Summary:
I have played a lot of irons and I have to say that these are one of the best. They have all the playability of blades with the forgiveness of a cavity back. Unlike others I have not lost any distance with these from my previous irons which were Mizuno MP-37. I was worried coming from the forged Mizunos about how these irons would feel but I have found them to feel great off the club face. They are not as buttery as the Mizunos but they feel soft and powerful when struck, the only thing I could equate it to is when you hit a racquetball. You feel the ball compress then rocket off the face. If your looking to step up to blades but still need a little forgiveness these are definitely the irons for you.

Not Used.

Mizuno MP-33, MP-32, MP-37, MP-29, Cobra Carbon CB, Hogan Edge CFT, MacGregor Mac-tec, Ping Eye 2.