Ping S58 Irons Review

Ping S58

The tour-proven technology of the Ping S58 iron elevates the feel and performance of a smaller, traditional head. The ball fight and distance control preferred by players seeking to compete at the highest levels is achieved through strategic placement of the center of gravity (CG) further back in the long irons and moved forward in the short irons. This results in a slightly higher trajectory in the long irons and a more penetrating, controlled ball flight in the shorter irons. The dual cavity design of the Ping S58 iron combines with a vertical stabilizing bar to enhance feel by positioning the CG towards the center of the face. The width of sole increases inertia and moves the clubhead smoothly through the turf and rough. A thicker cavity near the toe and a thinner cavity closer to the heel moves the center of gravity away from the hosel toward the center of the face for a solid feel. A thin top line and progressive offsets aid in alignment and inspires confidence.

More Products from Ping  >>

Web Address
Information Added By

June 18, 2013

Reviewed by: Brian ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping S58

Summary:
Love the look and feel of these clubs. Much more forgiving than they look. Don't believe all of the "Scratch Golfers" that say you shouldn't play these sticks. I am a 9 handicap and I love them. I take deep divots and they work through the turf quite well. The PING AWT shafts were a pleasant surprise as well. No balloning. A high piercing flight. You can pick them up used for $250 to $300. Just make sure you know your dot color before purchasing.

PING is outstanding

Ping i3 blades, Taylormade RAC Forged Cavityback TP, Taylormade R7 TP

April 12, 2013

Reviewed by: qlooogdan ,  Scratch Golfer

ping s58

Summary:
I have hit these clubs for a day best clubs i have ever owned. do not get them if your a 80s golfer

February 7, 2013

Reviewed by: shane romano ,  Scratch Golfer

Summary:
wow, these bats are amazing. ive had all the S range right up to the S56. just keep going back to the 58. they appear in my hands to be the most forgiving and produce a higher penatrating flight. i use the ZZ65 shaft.

January 20, 2013

Reviewed by: Ian ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping s58 irons

Summary:
Bought these used, was looking for players iron with a bit of forgiveness and these suit the description perfectly. The ball flight is amazing. I have zz65 shaft (stiff) and its high trajectory which is what I desire. The loft is higher throughout the set from most brands. I was originally wanting forged (for the softer feel I had heard about) however, the are butter. I don't take a divot and if I do it's barely. I loose distance when I get into it too much... Distance is good, especially for higher ball flight. On Mis hits you loose distance though, but I am a good ball striker I think not the best I have mis hits like most of us but these irons are not that hard to hit like a more tradition blade especially anything before 2000. Great irons, and they don't scratch and ding like forged which I love especially with the finish on it like stainless (tad darker than chrome and not as shiny). Great set and would suggest it

The best.

Mizuno mp 69s, ping i3s, ping I20s, callaway razr x forged, and mizuno mp63s

April 19, 2010

Reviewed by: jtomaka2 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping S58 Irons

Summary:
After using Ping eye2's for the longest time, and wanting a blade style club for increased workability, I switched to Ping I10's two years ago and the S58 this year. This club is a considerable improvement over the I10 model, which feels dead in comparison. Not quite as sweet as a Mizuno blade when struck perfectly, but not as harsh and more forgiving on slight mis-hits. Great balance of blade feel and workability, but with some forgiveness

Ping Eye2+, Ping I10, Mizuno MP-67.