Ping ZING Irons Review

Ping ZING

Initially offered in 1991, the Ping ZING Irons were Ping's most dramatically perimeter weighted iron ever. They feature an extreamly wide top line and bold toe weighting.

More Products from Ping  >>

September 6, 2013

Reviewed by: Jay Larson ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping zings

Summary:
went from Callaway Big Berthas to an old, full set of Ping Zings. I have played 3 rounds with them and I'm still dialing in the distance on some of the irons. Don't seem to hit quite as far as my Callaways but are much more accurate. My Ping Zings they sings. Love em

February 20, 2013

Reviewed by: alan ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping zing

Summary:
I purchased my ping zings when they came out in 91 i have looked at changing them for another ping version ,but always come up with the same result ,not worth changing ,they look strange when first used but i can ensure you they are the best forgiving iron i have ever used or tried "great set of irons "

July 8, 2012

Reviewed by: David Wilkins ,  Shoots in the 100s

Ping zing red dot

Summary:
I've just purchase a full set of zing irons, and after one long session on the range I m really looking forward to m first round w them. I'm switching out from a cheap wilson set I've had for 15 years. Already I noticed the difference the stiffer shaft and weighted heads have on my distance and accuracy. Best. Day. On. The. Range. Ever!

March 26, 2012

Reviewed by: Jack ,  Shoots in the 80s

Be-Cu copper Ping Zing's

Summary:
I have to agree with most of what I have read here. The Zing's are the most comfortable, forgiving irons you can play. I hit consistently with these irons and would not trade them for any other club. I have played and enjoyed other irons, but without a doubt continue to come back and play my Zings. I don't believe there is another club out there that will improve my game. If my game improves, it's because of me, not the irons. I am always looking for more Zings so that they can be my travel clubs when on the road.

Karsten IV's , Ping eye 2's

July 29, 2011

Reviewed by: dennis ,  Shoots in the 80s

ping zing irons

Summary:
ive used ping zings for 20 years. i love these irons. they have a high tragetery, a solid feel, and are very forgiving on miss hits. yes, they look a bit funny then prevvious pings, but once you get past that look, you will adjust and hit consistant shots. after 20 years,they still play great! Im still using the original ping grips.