Ping ZING Irons Review

Ping ZING

Initially offered in 1991, the Ping ZING Irons were Ping's most dramatically perimeter weighted iron ever. They feature an extreamly wide top line and bold toe weighting.

More Products from Ping  >>

August 22, 2016

Reviewed by: Duncan ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Zing

Summary:
I'm fairly new to golf and after some terrible (cheap) woods decided I needed to upgrade.

I came across a 5 and 3 on eBay not too long ago and after seeing the reviews here bought them.

Although initially I was a little bit sceptical based on their age thought I'd give them a go.

No regrets. Even poor strikes result in fairly good shots and on the occasion everything falls together they're great. If you can find a pair these are a great introduction wood that won't break the bank.

February 22, 2016

Reviewed by: james ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Zing

Summary:
I purchased my Ping Zings new in 1991, it took a few rounds to get used to the weight of the head as well as the alignment of the top of the club head but after becoming familiar with them I have never looked back nor have I ever considered replacing them. They are a wonderful golf club, providing very good distance, a high trajectory as well as giving one the ability to move the ball from left to right with relative ease. I no longer play due to back issues however my Pings,which are still in excellent condition,are safely tucked in their Ping bag along side a equally outstanding G5 Ping driver and a couple of also very good Taylor-made fairway woods. Occasionally I consider selling them but always decided that if I ever pick up the game again I will want those clubs to play it with. It is not often in life that a product delivers and exceeds expectations but my pings certainly have done it for me. Favorite club of the set had to be the 3 iron, 220 yards and could draw it or fade it.

Taylor-made R7

July 21, 2015

Reviewed by: Clay R ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Zing

Summary:
My old set of Zings were stolen out of my garage. I figured that since I had been playing them for a long time and heard so much about how the newer technology could benefit a low to high 80s player like me, depending on the day and the course, I should try some newer clubs. Granted, I'm on a limited budget. I tried several player improvement clubs. Bought a used but much newer set of Cobra SZs. I tried various sets of Mizuno's (per a buddy's recommendation), Callaways and Clevelands, but felt that the Cobras felt the best. Now that I've been playing, I would kill to have my Zings back. Especially the person that stole them... I played so much better with them. More solid shots, scored much better, mis-hits did not hurt me as much and golf in general was way more enjoyable for me when I had my Zings. I actually don't want to spend another dime on golf until I have another set of Zings. I'm currently in the market for a used set in decent shape.

May 12, 2014

Reviewed by: L.D. Kliewer ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Zings

Summary:
I'm currently 66yrs old with 52yrs in the game. My first Pings were the Ping Eyes, now on loan to my Son in law...who loves them. I have moved around Ping clubs, ISI, ISI-k and Zings. I play in Northern Calif with the ISI's during the Summer months. Winters in the Desert, La Quinta playing PGA West, Stadium, Nick T, Greg Norman etc. with my Zings. I shoot in the low to mid 80's and wouldn't give my Zing's up for anyone...except maybe St. Peter. But he'd have to make me a pretty good deal.

The folks at Ping are there to back you up.

September 6, 2013

Reviewed by: Jay Larson ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping zings

Summary:
went from Callaway Big Berthas to an old, full set of Ping Zings. I have played 3 rounds with them and I'm still dialing in the distance on some of the irons. Don't seem to hit quite as far as my Callaways but are much more accurate. My Ping Zings they sings. Love em