Ping ZING2 Irons Review

Ping ZING2

From Ping: In the ZING2 iron, Karsten engineers created a higher moment of inertia, which produces greater resistance to twisting on off-center hits... the extreme perimeter weighting of the ZING2 increases the clubs' effective hitting area, optimizing forgiveness and accuracy. They feature a "leaner" more subtle profile (more standard width top line etc...) than their original "ZING" predecessors.

More Products from Ping  >>

June 5, 2015

Reviewed by: Lancs ,  Shoots in the 100s

Ping Zing 2

Summary:
These are the easiest irons to hit.....period. Swing away and feel confident the ball will sail high and land soft. I've played a bunch of newer irons from other brands and nothing has been as good as these. The oddly shaped soul is perfect for picking the ball off the grass. They don't dig or get stuck. The finish is perfect for taking a beating. These irons have made golf much more fun and relaxing.

I have never used it.

Hogan Apex Edge, TM Burners, Callaway X-14, Hogan BH-5, Macgregor Mactec NVG2

April 20, 2015

Reviewed by: whynotme ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Zing2 Irons

Summary:
I had a set of Zing2's several years ago and really enjoyed them. Tried several things since then and never really saw any difference other than length on the newer, stronger-lofted irons. Found a set recently and bought them. they are still one of the best sets of irons I have ever used. They set up nicely, very forgiving yet accurate. The JZ steel shafts are an excellent shaft.

Just for grins, I tried both the Burner 2.0 and AP1 712 irons recently, and returned both sets. Still like the look, forgiveness, and consistency of the Zing2's better than anything else out there.

Many, many sets over the years. Zing2's are probably the best overall irons Ping ever made.

October 16, 2014

Reviewed by: Bob V ,  Shoots in the 70s

Ping Zing 2

Summary:
Picked up a set with JZ stiff shaft for $158 .00. These irons are very stable at impact. Very straight ball flight . Very good launch from all types of lies which was most impressive feature.. PW is 47 degrees so you need to either bend or make sure to alter your other wedges. I found that these clubs are a 1/2 club shorter than newer products due to weaker lofts but you cant beat these for performance. Appearance is not a players blade but actually sets up nicely. I was even able to work the 9 iron around a tree when needed. Have lofts and lies checked before putting in bag. Shaft plays medium stiff.

not needed.

Callaway X18
Ping Eye 2
Mizuno Comp EZ

July 11, 2013

Reviewed by: John Adams ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Zing 2

Summary:
I started playing golf later in life and never played very well. I was looking at clubs in a golf shop twenty years and spoke with the salesman about my problems. He had a used set of Ping Zing 2 irons with graphite shafts he had taken in trade. He highly recommended them so I bought the clubs. I'm still playing with the same set of clubs today and purchased a second set on e-bay when I retired. These irons are easy to hit and always fly straight down the middle. I now address the ball with a great deal of confidence knowing my Ping Zing 2's will do the job. I would highly recommend these clubs to anyone looking for a steady, reliable set of irons they can always depend on. You can still find them on e-bay and they're well worth the search.

Haven't used them yet.

I started out with a set of Ram irons and woods which I played until trading them in for my Ping Zing 2's.

April 9, 2013

Reviewed by: Chad ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Zing II

Summary:
Have been wanting a set of Ping Zing 2s since I was young. Found a set on Craigslist 2I-SW for only $175 with new Winn grips! I love the confidence I get from these clubs. Very Accurate! Great set! I'm trying to keep my 15 year old son from taking these away from me.