Ping ZING2 Irons Review

Ping ZING2

From Ping: In the ZING2 iron, Karsten engineers created a higher moment of inertia, which produces greater resistance to twisting on off-center hits... the extreme perimeter weighting of the ZING2 increases the clubs' effective hitting area, optimizing forgiveness and accuracy. They feature a "leaner" more subtle profile (more standard width top line etc...) than their original "ZING" predecessors.

More Products from Ping  >>

May 10, 2017

Reviewed by: Andrew Bowlen ,  Shoots in the 90s

Ping Zing 2 Irons

Summary:
These are solid beginner clubs. I received my grandpa's set (along with his Eye2+no+) and prefer the zing 2's to the Eye2 (I know, blasphemy!) I had them refinished and bent to yellow. They are very forgiving and solid clubs and I always get compliments when I go golfing (2-3 times a year).

Seriously, do yourself a favor, get a solid set of 4-SW off ebay for less than $150. Spend approximately $100-$150 regripping and cutting the shafts to your preference and bend the heads to your preferred angle. Even with refinishing the heads you'll end up with like new semi-custom fit irons for less than $300.

I called Ping to ensure there wouldn't be an issue having a local fitter bend them from black to yellow and they were friendly and helpful. They even let me know where they were manufactured and when.

Eye2, G20, multiple other g series irons all ping.

April 27, 2017

Reviewed by: Les ,  Shoots in the 70s

Summary:
I play with ping zing 2 can't find anything to beat them I only use 5 to 9 iron but thay all have 7 iron shaft s in I love tham I am getting on a bit now 60 years young but still play off 7 I think it's got a lot to do with the irons

July 24, 2016

Reviewed by: Jim ,  Shoots in the 90s

Summary:
Ping zing 2 to me best irons out there,tried several other irons and always back to my ping zing 2,been on the range with my son's ping g10 and I see no real difference in height or distance to talk about and did not like the very wide sole on the ping 10 irons,I was at the range and course with taylormade rocketbladez,yes they did out distance the zings,by at least a club length,but not as forgiving,accurate or consistent as the zings.we all like a new set of irons and I've tried several,but to spend the money on a new set that does nothing other then a few yards more then your old set,or keeping up with your friends (who's score card are always in the 70's) with there new cigars and new clubs,we all have them friends,again I will keep my zings,and keep my buddies on their toes.

Used ping service once,on a ping g2 iron,the black rubber weight feel out,they fixed it no charge.

Ping g2 g10. And taylormade rocketbladez,got as a gift,put still used my zings.

March 24, 2016

Reviewed by: Matthew Hendrick ,  Shoots in the 80s

Ping Zing 2

Summary:
Bought these as my 2nd set of irons in my life. Had a cheap $100 set 1st. I've now had them since 1995 and I won't even consider getting rid of my irons!

Never used

N/a

June 5, 2015

Reviewed by: Lancs ,  Shoots in the 100s

Ping Zing 2

Summary:
These are the easiest irons to hit.....period. Swing away and feel confident the ball will sail high and land soft. I've played a bunch of newer irons from other brands and nothing has been as good as these. The oddly shaped soul is perfect for picking the ball off the grass. They don't dig or get stuck. The finish is perfect for taking a beating. These irons have made golf much more fun and relaxing.

I have never used it.