Reid Lockhart RL Blades Irons Review

More Products from Reid Lockhart  >>

January 1, 2010

Reviewed by: Theo Aldridge ,  Shoots in the 80s

Reid Lockhart RL Blades

Summary:
Update. These things are amazing, just shot a 77 on an easy course. I had a large number of one putts and only missed one up and down opportunity due to laser like accuracy with the short irons. I also hit all but one par three in regulation. Only thing missing is the buttery feel of forge, but for $170 for 2-lw what can you expect a great, great value if you can find them.

Apex Plus, Mizuno Pro, Hogan Edge Original, MP 32, et al

September 17, 2008

Reviewed by: Noel Armstrong ,  Shoots in the 90s

titliest 735 cm

Summary:
I admit i am a bit of a magpie, i like shiney pretty things and these clubs in chrome are absolutley beautiful. I have come back to golf after doing other sports for 2 decades and couldn't stand the look of any of the cavity backs out there. 20 years ago there were no such things as cavity backs, it was blades or nothing. Anyway, i have been playing with Reid Lockhard blades for the last few years ( also superb clubs - check them out) but struggled with the long irons so tried these 735 cm's and was completely blown away not only by the looks but the performance. Right through the range from 3 iron to PW they are a delight to hit. I am getting 15 - 20 yards more distance on each club and they are easy to hit,& very accurate. If you are looking for a lovely to look at,well designed and easy to hit set, look no further.

not needed.

Reid Lockhart blades

April 19, 2008

Reviewed by: Dubunderpar ,  Shoots in the 80s

Reid Lockhart Blades

Summary:
I have gone through many sets of irons trying to find some that are very playable and yet still look nice. I was given the set from a friend who didn't want them anymore. The BEST thing that has ever happend to my game. I went from a constant high 80's golfer to a low 80's to mid 70's. I feel confident when I am faced with a shot that needs to be worked from side to side or that needs to be stopped on the green quickly. I will say that I did lose some distance, but the control makes up for it. I would recommend these clubs to any one that wants to step up their shot making abilities, but doesn't need a brand name to do it.

Mizuno MP-32, Wilson Staff Blades

November 17, 2006

Reviewed by: dsl1886 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Reid Lockhart

Summary:
I have tried many brands of irons from Lynx to Adams and more and I now wonder where these clubs have been all this while. I have never felt more in coltrol or had clubs that feel more balanced than these. I own three sets of thes now and I will always look for more to make sure that I always have a full set just incase have have that unforgiveable accident and lose or break one. I am an average golfer and I can noe control and shape my shots like never before with these clubs.

Lynx, Adams

September 13, 2006

Reviewed by: John Tischendorf ,  Shoots in the 80s

Reed Lockhart RL blades

Summary:
For the money - these are the best blades you will ever hit. A bit more forgiving on off center hits than the Mizuno's or Hogan Apex's that I have hit with. Seems to be more weight in the toe. Very precise clean setup at address and you get a great feel for the club head position in your swing. Makes getting the club on the ball a breeze. Great shapeable ball flight with tons of spin. The Dual Bounce 56 deg. wedge is a must to round out the set. Great from sand or fairway.

Very easy to work with - contact them at ReedLockhart.com