Snake Eyes 600B Forged Irons Review

Snake Eyes 600B Forged

The 600B forged irons give a clean, classic set up at address. The beveled tour trailing edge gives supreme playability from a variety of turf conditions. 600B iron heads can be combined with the 600C (#SE2661) set at any point. Many players will choose to play the long and middle irons from the 600C set and then use the short irons from the 600B set. The head sizes, offsets, weights and topline appearance all match up well with one another no matter where the sets are combined.

More Products from Snake Eyes  >>

July 5, 2012

Reviewed by: Jim ,  Shoots in the 80s

Snake Eyes 600B

Summary:
This my fourth review of clubs and it seems I find a better club each time. My previous reviews were on Snake Eyes FMC-1, Snake Eyes 600C (Cavity Back) and GolfSmith Pro Forged blades. All the clubs I like and still own but the Snake Eyes 600B (Blades) are the best. I thought the GS blades were good having never it a blade before but the SE 600B blades are even better. They have tremendous feel and for a blade, I found them for giving. This post is after only playing two rounds with them but I can tell, they are for real. My first round was an 82, my second was a 77. They have a VERY solid feel on well stuck shots but aren't harsh on miss hits, the GS blades were. They have so much feel that the Pro V1 balls I've used for years feel hard, switched to the Taylormade Penta TP5 but that's another review after this one. Like I said, I've only hit two brands of blades so there maybe better ones out there but the Snake Eyes 600B are a GREAT club!!

None

Golf Smith Pro Forged blades.

December 29, 2007

Reviewed by: Ryan sears ,  Shoots in the 80s

Snake eyes 600b combos pw-5 iron 4-3 iron 600c

Summary:
I am a 14 year old junior golfer who started last year i play off 17 and i suppose i can hit a reasonably good ball but i have a few inconsistancy problems i have had 4 rounds with these irons and below are the results. ( snake eyes pw-6 iron 600b 5-3 600c, fitted with rifle shaft 6.0)
I cannot believe how hard everyone had made out blades to be to hit, so i decided what the heck give them a try and no it's complete rubbish not as hard to hit as made out; although you obviously need to be able to hit the ball reasonably well to get them at the right trajectory and distance, hit them reasonably well and you have a great shot flying off the face of the club.
i found they are very workable so when the wind is strong they are very controllable and when you want a draw or a fade they will provide that. However--- they will pull and slice as they are so workable if you hit them that way. also they sit down extremely quick and you will sometimes find some check and backspin depending on how you hit them. as i say my results! throughout the last 4 days i have had 4 rounds the first round with them was just about getting a feel for the clubs i shot 2 over my handicap and the conditions were very wet and windy. the second round was medal and i shot 1 under my handicap again in wet conditions. The third round i played matchplay with my friends and won 2 up in wet conduitons on a few tempary greens and my final round today was the monthly stableford in harsh winds and wet conditions, i the frontt 9 badly with a blob and many tops with a hybrid im tryin (15 points) back 9 I finished with 23 points ironswere superb finished 2 under and won the competion!

pro's-
-great workability
-spin controll
-good feel (on impact- off impact)
-good height
-good distance controll

cons-
-scratched easily ( so ive been told with forged irons)
-price??

SO HONESTLY SOME GREAT IRONS HERE. GIVE BLADES A TRY DONT LISTEN TO WHAT EVERYONE SAYS ABOUT BLADES! YOU DONT HAVE TO BE OFF SCARATCH TO USE THEM IF YOU HAVE AGOOD CLEAN BALL STRIKE THEN WHY NOT!

macgregor dx, nike ignite, callaway big bertha,

April 20, 2007

Reviewed by: Vishal Shah ,  Shoots in the 90s

Snake Eyes 600MB

Summary:
I have been playing golf for last 1 year and hacked for the previous three and started in my late twenties. Having switched from a decent level racquetball, it took a while for the idea of hitting down and only slightly punching a golf ball to make it explodeto sink in. It is a slow grind-process with few -Aha moments that disapper frustratingly the next day.
Now I have the 3/4 soft punch swing-yet ball taking off like it has an engine of its own-sort off swing (ofcourse there are days and then there are days). Don't have much off a short game yet to be able to score better. Next two seasons will hopefully change that.

Having said that I was initially attracted solely to this blades no-nonsense-yet Nike/Mizuno blades like sleek looks and not much more other than I wanted to feel and look cool (Hard rock music blaring in the background).

In last two years I have demoed a few big name blades out there (Mizuno -MP 32, 33, 14, 67) , Cleveland CG1, Nikes, Apex.

I will not go overboard in praising the 600B over any of the others, but I will tell you there is no difference in the amount of energy these clubs will impart to the ball compared to the others. A club-face center or maybe slightly heel favouring center hit will send a feeling of slow motion ball compression through your entire body, which has proven life altering experience for some.

Ball-flight, trajectory, spin, distance are things that are individualized to type of swing, but they will do anything just as well the other blades will do. Off-center hits may or may not be forgiving depending how square the club-face is at the moment of impact.

And yes there is some truth in my opinion to the fact that blades force you to concentrate on the quality (center face hit, ball compression) rather than speed and power. I actually use impact tape to track my contact zone on the face. Only proper ball compression can give you the true value of blade irons. (Some 'players' cavity back will do the same, but then they require quality shots too).

Buy them for they are a great value ($300-$600 cheaper overall than bigger names), have patience (lots and lots of it for a couple of years if you are starting out) and hit with a lot of belief and half punch-swings. Scoring I believe is a different art not related too much to the kind of clubs you use but controlled shot-making is a lethal weapon and get you there quicker than other factors.

Good luck.

Golfsmith customer service is OK. I get personal attention from some of the guys at the store. Other's are indifferent. Never bad though.

February 24, 2007

Reviewed by: HodgeGolf72 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Snake Eyes 600B/600C Combo

Summary:
Hello,
I'm writing a review on the Snake Eyes 600B and the 600C irons. I had a gentlemen in Texas build me a custom set of these irons. With the 2-5 iron being 600C (Cavity Back) and the 6-PW 600B (Blade).

Let's jump right into the review with a list of Pros and Cons

Pros-
1. Amazing looking irons
2. 5 step forge process, they FEEL amazing
3. Able to pick and choose which irons are blade and which are cavity back

Cons-
1. Very Weak lofted (Normal 2 iron these days is 18, mine is 20.
2. Has nothing to do with these specific irons, but all forged irons, they scratch and dent SUPER EASY.

Though the Cons are real cons, they are what I thought you should know.

I have the irons fit with Project X 6.5 shafts, 2* Flat and 1/2' short. I can honestly say I will never ever give into the hype of BIG NAME brand equipment anymore. These irons are simply the nicest looking, cleanest looking, and most fun irons to play. You think those Mizunos or Titleists you play are soft, hit these irons.

Now, I can't stress enough the importance of getting clubs custom fit. Buying standard length, lie and loft clubs is only going to hurt you. It can NEVER hurt to get fit.

Also, I want to say that if you don't think you are good enough to hit blades, you need to give them a try. They are easier to hit out of the rough and if you are in trouble a lot, they are super easy to work the ball out of tough spots. And the trajectory control is awesome!

Just to give you a background on me, I'm a 3.4 handicap registered with MyScoreCard.com

I played Mizuno MP 32's last season with S300 Shafts. Thought I would stick with thsoe forever, till I got hooked up with this club fitter in Texas. He convinced to let him make me a set. I'm glad I did.

These irons are simply the best irons I have hit in a while.

If you have any questions about the irons or the guy who fit me, please email me at SHodge2@mac.com! I'll answer all your quetsions.

Haven't used

Nothing

December 3, 2006

Reviewed by: james ,  Shoots in the 80s

Summary:
These are very nice and forgiving clubs (if that is possible with blades). I never thought I could hit these consistent being they are smaller than most cavity backs. The set up on these is perfect. You line up the clubs very easy. With technology growing so much blades are easier to hit than ever. I'm glad people still feel they are hard though. I picked up this set from a golf shop in dallas. My friend works there so I get heads up when super deals come in. Some poor soul sold them after not even playing with them once. Each club maybe had 5 swings on it. Not sure what he got but he had to get robbed cause I got the set for $125. The heads are $30 each. They are outfitted in royal precision rifle shafts. What a delite for me. Had him adjust the lie and specs for me and walked out the door only spending $150 for everything lie and all. Don't be fulled by any club that they say is hard to hit. get the lies adjusted and you will be hitting more in the center than what you think. in the same breath though, a poor swing is a poor swing.

Haven't dealt with them

everything you can think off. i swing them all.