Snake Eyes 600XC Forged Irons Review

Snake Eyes 600XC Forged

Finally a clean, forged cavity back made in a size that all handicap levels can play. Designed to be the big brother to the 600C irons, 600XC irons offer larger head sizes, deeper cavities and slightly thicker topline. The face thickness is 30% thinner in the top portion of the cavity than most irons made possible by a newly developed 6-step forging process. The thinner face allows for a lower center of gravity (CG) and increased cavity depth in the lower portion of the iron. 600XC irons are true billet forged from the same S45C carbon steel delivering a soft feel of a forged iron while giving the forgiveness most players need.

More Products from Snake Eyes  >>

April 8, 2009

Reviewed by: jjloans ,  Shoots in the 70s

600xc

Summary:
Sweet irons! My set ($85 off Ebay in 9/10) has TT XL-90 R flex, which is, I think, a Snake Eyes shaft by TT.

These irons are the real deal... classy forging, great to look at, soft feel and plenty of stability/forgiveness. Not the longest out there, but that is a non-issue, they are not short either.

A great way to enjoy a true forged iron with a good deal of forgiveness... accurate, nice higher trajectory, the whole enchilada!

My set actually came with a matching SW and LW... a steal! Wedges very nice too!

These are superior to the Mizuno MX-20's, 23's and 25's, IMO, and more forgiving than the MP-30's and 60's. Feel is not as soft but it is a close thing.

You can spend LOTS more... but why?

Golfsmith is great.

Almost everything.

September 6, 2008

Reviewed by: achimt ,  Shoots in the 70s

Snake Eyes 600XC

Summary:
I am building clubs for years and so I recently build 2 sets. One for my wife, which I will write seperate about and one of the 600XC with stiff iron shafts, dynamic gold. I put some snake eye winn grips on my clubs.
I play alot of golf and I used alot of clubs, but the first round I played with those, I knew right away, that this is a good club for the price. They have all the feel of a full blade and yet they are much bigger. Making it easy to hit for all kinds of levels and even give the 25 plus hcpers a chance to feel a forged iron once in a while. Most def. I like the wedges. They have a very good feel to it and the style supports a good feeling. This club I would sell to all hcp levels if they seek the feel of a forged iron. It is workable for special shots and yet forgiving enough to give even the good guys a break. I have not played them with graphite shafts, but can imagine that this is a good combo as well.

I got my material at the golfsmith store in Portland Oregon and I was very happy with the help and pretty much with the know how they had. They did everything they could to get me what I wanted without trying to talk me into things.

Hit the new snake eye forged irons and will write a review as soon as I hit them a little more.

July 6, 2007

Reviewed by: Radish ,  Shoots in the 80s

600XC

Summary:
I picked up a used set (3-PW,AW,SW)from Golfsmith at Austin with Rifle lite shafts for $200! I took them to a 9 hole course and was shooting them long and straight. I gained an additional 5-10 yards over my tommy armour set per club. They look great and play great. Can't go wrong at this price.. worth every $ and some more.

good.. Golfsmith staff was helpful

Adams Idea Pros, Taylormade RAC LTs, Callaway Big Bertha

September 14, 2006

Reviewed by: Steve D'Andrea ,  Shoots in the 80s

Snake Eyes 600XC irons

Summary:
I am a 9 Handicapper using Snake Eyes 600XC irons. These forgings are outstanding in looks, quality and performance. Build a set; you won't regret it. As good or better than any OEMs I have owned (Ping, Callaway, Cobra).

July 22, 2006

Reviewed by: frankmelet ,  Shoots in the 80s

600 xc

Summary:
this is a relly great iron. i have gone thru 15 sets of irons in the last year or so. nothing really stirred my soul until these. the pythin os were easy to hit and played easy but i wanted that forged feel. these give plenty of help on misses, but still give the amazing distance control of forged. he feel around the greens is amazing. spin is exactly as you would expect. high workability, moderate trajectory, balls back-up 4 to 10 feet on well hit shots. love them. like the look too. low offset and beautiful chrome finish.

always good.