Snake Eyes MB-1 Irons Review

More Products from Snake Eyes  >>

October 2, 2007

Reviewed by: golfincity ,  Shoots in the 90s

Snake Eyes MB1

Summary:
Just managed to get hold of a used but superb condition set of Snake Eyes MB1 3i-10i(PW). The forged is done by Smith & Wesson (the revolver people), the one and only model.
I have been playing cavity back irons and have been searching for a affordable set of forged muscle back blades to try out. The blade MUST be forged for the feel on such small sweet spot. If the blade is not forged then must well stick with cavity back.
Anyway, bought the set from a terrific golfer who happened to have 2 sets. Everything original, the set comes with TT Sensicore shaft (S300) and original Golf Pride Snake Eyes Velvet grip. Definitely value for money, bang of the buck set.
Cleaned up the set and brought it out the range and this set can really perform. I am not a consistent swinger but when I swing it right, the ball flight is so beautiful and the distance has actually increased for my PW and 7i compare to the Cobra Carbon CB. The 3i has such a small club head which looks intimidating but it is quite easy to hit.
Did some research on the web and found out this is a collectors model since this is the one and only Smith & Wesson forged model and last of the Snake Eyes before they were bought over by GolfWorks.
I will give this set a full 5 rating since everything is so right on this set. Playability, value, aesthetic (very nice looking blade, not too bland).

No required so far but the furrell on some clubs need to be adjusted, will bring this to my usual club fitter.

Mizuno MX-23, Titleist 690CB, TaylorMade RAC TP, Cobra Carbon CB.

March 27, 2007

Reviewed by: Misterioso007 ,  Shoots in the 70s

Snake Eyes MB1

Summary:
I have played many, many sets of irons and none compare to this set for feel, workability, beauty and distance. These clubs look amazing and are as smooth as silk when struck correctly, which is to say don't play them if your game is on hiatis. I have 3 sets of these and wouldn't get rid of them if you asked. Do I play these on a regular basis? Unfortunately my game isn't to the level to play them consistantly so I don't play them much. Nonetheless, the best irons I have ever owned hands down.

Never used.

Titleist 690MB, Titleist 670, Cleveland CG1.

November 21, 2005

Reviewed by: Proteegolf ,  Shoots in the 90s

snake eyes mb-1

Summary:
Great looking blades. Very pure feel. I bought them used on E bay 4 years ago. 3-10 iron with sensicore s -300 shafts. I think these are going to be a very rare gem as they were discontinued 5 years ago.

I play mostly blades from the 1960's and the 1970's

April 19, 2005

Reviewed by: a53572 ,  Shoots in the 80s

Snake Eyes MB-1

Summary:
An excellent set of irons. I moved from a set of Mizuno MP-14's, which are also great. I'm very glad I made the move to such a unique set of clubs. You won't find too many sets of these around, and rarely will you find someone who knows these clubs at all. Well worth the look on e-bay and regripping.

MP-14's 690MB's. This set has a better feel than either one of these.

April 18, 2003

Reviewed by: Jim Camp ,  Shoots in the 90s , from Miami, FL USA

Snake Eyes MB-01

Summary:
Beautiful clubs, I purchased them because I couldn't afford them when they first came out years ago. The set I have is 3-10, played only a couple of rounds of golf on them and are my collector's items/set as they were Smith & Wesson's first and thus far only forged heads. I kept asking my co-worker if he wanted to part with them. He was looking to replace them with a set of Cleveland TA-3's. The clubs are immaculate as the guy I bought them from shoots upper 70's/low 80's (40 % of those are with a putter and a 1/3 of the remaining shots are with a driver). I'd say this set has less than 50 shots spread over the set. I almost wished he had never used them, but that would be like finding a never driven 57 Thunderbird or 53 Corvette.